Big12 games are rigged

Zavala

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This game has zero to do with the refs. Shit ass fucking playcalling. Special teams being a disaster on all ends. Offensive line is soft as fuck. WRs dropping balls. Refs are the furthest thing on my mind.

Herman says the oline is the strength of our team, if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know I do know what would.

sometimes defenders are committed to making a tackle.  it's very difficult to back out of.  kind of like being in the middle of a yellow light and barely running it because you've already committed to the intersection.  given the current rules, that was the right call on Roach but I definitely feel for him.  as far as leading with the crown of your helmet, that's pretty much what happens when you dive for a tackle down low.  physics and shit - can't keep your head up when diving down low. difficult time for defenders.

if i had to complain about the refs, it would be for inconsistency on PI.  the only way our offense had a chance to move the ball was by taking a chance downfield.  our first two passes downfield (one to Jake, the other to Brennan) appeared to be PI but it wasn't called.  Jake had one of his arms low barred while Brennan had a guy run into him before the ball was touched - the ball was under thrown but that's irrelevant to PI afaik.

Edited by The Whistler
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Leading with the top of the helmet is going to get you a targeting call and an ejection. Whether he's sliding or not doesn't matter.  

It didn’t on Sam’s last TD. The defender led with the crown of his helmet and hit Sam helmet to helmet. I agree with him there. We seem to get called for targeting much more frequently than teams we play. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It didn’t on Sam’s last TD. The defender led with the crown of his helmet and hit Sam helmet to helmet. I agree with him there. We seem to get called for targeting much more frequently than teams we play. 

i'm not disagreeing.  they could be more consistent. keep in mind, we've had a few targeting calls reversed (see BJ @ WVU) in previous games for similar things.

CeeDee Lamb did a jump cut into a slide.  that's very difficult to back out of if you're Roach, when you're expecting him to make a cut.  a jump cut.  into a slide.  how does a defender not commit to the jump cut?   once again, given the current rules, i think it was the right call but super difficult for defenders in this day and age.

Edited by The Whistler

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

Mike Defee is the "fixer" they throw out to make sure they get the desired outcome. They will do anything to rig the game no matter how obvious. The big 12 isn't even watchable at this point. 

Neg me all you want, you know I'm right.

Hey dumbass......both teams received personal foul penalties before the game, which means, any more personal foul called on a player is an automatic ejection. The idiot lowered the crown of helmet as he hit Lamb in the head.... easy peasy call. You're freaking problem is you won't acknowledge those 9 EFFING SACKS. the worst loser is the one who overlooks his teams mistakes.....First of all: 36 carries for a hundred yards is pitiful, let CeeDee Lamb unattended in any play (all-american) is a real head scratcher. Really the Sooners should have won by more, Texas gained 150 yards on their two drives at the end of each half. Buck the Fu** up, and worry about Baylor and Iowa State.

• Fuck You 3

4 hours ago, Michaelevan7 said:

Hey dumbass......both teams received personal foul penalties before the game, which means, any more personal foul called on a player is an automatic ejection. The idiot lowered the crown of helmet as he hit Lamb in the head.... easy peasy call. You're freaking problem is you won't acknowledge those 9 EFFING SACKS. the worst loser is the one who overlooks his teams mistakes.....First of all: 36 carries for a hundred yards is pitiful, let CeeDee Lamb unattended in any play (all-american) is a real head scratcher. Really the Sooners should have won by more, Texas gained 150 yards on their two drives at the end of each half. Buck the Fu** up, and worry about Baylor and Iowa State.

He didn’t hit Cedarian in the head asshole.  

• Like 2

I agree it's very unbecoming to whine about officials.  I just don't do it.   Further, I'm not suggesting Big 12 games are rigged.

Pretty interesting non homer piece and video though of Tech getting a royal screwing today.  Never have seen one worse.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/texas-tech-robbed-turnover-illegal-snap-penalty/518503

Edited by pigmeat markham

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

6 days a week, you seem pretty normal.

But every Longhorn Saturday in the fall, you turn into a complete blithering moron with this shtick.  

You should go into the MMA thread and see his fine work there. Didn't know anyone could be that wrong that often. 

The big 12 title game last year was rigged. 2 TDs and and end zone interception all called back on garbage calls. It was also to the conferences' advantage to rig it for the only team that had a legit shot at the playoffs if they won. 

This one wasn't rigged. Texas got whipped like Mack brown pussies. 

10 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

I agree it's very unbecoming to whine about officials.  I just don't do it.   Further, I'm not suggesting Big 12 games are rigged.

Pretty interesting non homer piece and video though of Tech getting a royal screwing today.  Never have seen one worse.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/texas-tech-robbed-turnover-illegal-snap-penalty/518503

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/58531-ed-hochuli-isnt-to-blame-for-chargers-loss

10 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

It's legit as bad or worse than the screwjob Oklahoma got against Oregon a while back. Legit game losing call.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:28 AM, Junior Miller said:

The big 12 title game last year was rigged. 2 TDs and and end zone interception all called back on garbage calls. It was also to the conferences' advantage to rig it for the only team that had a legit shot at the playoffs if they won. 

This is why I am pretty sure we lost the Big 12 on Saturday.  We may get the rematch, but we will be playing against the zebras too.  

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, The Whistler said:

Jake had one of his arms low barred while Brennan had a guy run into him before the ball was touched - the ball was under thrown but that's irrelevant to PI afaik.

Jake extended his arm back to push off first. It was a good non-call IMO

You should go into the MMA thread and see his fine work there. Didn't know anyone could be that wrong that often. 

What a great conference

Missing holding in the end zone after Brewer's sack on the last drive was unacceptable, the non-fumble was comedic. Now Tech is fined for announcing that Baylor, the league and Waco are corrupt. For 25k, Coach Herman should have laid into the officials just for the non-targeting fouls on two of our best players in the open field. Forget holding the entire game.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

After the bizarre pregame unsportsmanlike on both teams, didn't OU have two personal fouls or unsportsmanlikes in the second half?  Wouldn't those have resulted in ejections if the original pre-game call had been enforced?

Malcolm's targeting penalty was already accompanied by an ejection for the act itself, so there's no way to tell if the pre-game unsporstmanlike would have affected him. 

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

After the bizarre pregame unsportsmanlike on both teams, didn't OU have two personal fouls or unsportsmanlikes in the second half?  Wouldn't those have resulted in ejections if the original pre-game call had been enforced?

Malcolm's targeting penalty was already accompanied by an ejection for the act itself, so there's no way to tell if the pre-game unsporstmanlike would have affected him. 

they got personal fouls but not unsportsmanlike penalties.  two different things.  had they received an unsportsmanlike, they would have been ejected. 

officials were kind of a mixed bag in this one.  i personally felt like the hit on sam, while not late, was the definition of helmet to helmet and should have warranted an unsportsmanlike and seen murray kicked out.  the hit that gave colin a concussion likely should have been targeting as well imo.  there were so many plays where their dbs were just holding onto our wrs that went without objection to from the refs that felt inexplicable.  there were also other bizarre things like not reviewing the intentional grounding call to see if sam got the ball over the los, etc...  for some reason, there is something in the big 12 founding bylaws that prohibits any evaluation by an official as to whether or not ou offensive linemen hold or move too far downfield on passing plays.  it truly is something.

at the end of the day, sam had easily his worst game since maryland last year.  indecisive and tentative throughout.  our wrs had by far their most embarrassing performance in a long fucking time.  the one game sam is actually accurate with deep balls and our wrs looks like fucking tards dropping them.  eagles ain't got "it."  he suddenly looks like burt in 2017 out there.  colin dropping a perfectly thrown ball.  epps is the worst "wr" we've ever thrown into a game. 

that, combined with duvernay having his most mentally deficient game in history (along with the rest of the special teams sans dicker) and the dbs just trying to get to the end of the game without dying spelled a loss...and somewhat miraculous that it was only by one score.

i still think we can beat them in arlington if we aren't still in triage by then.

also, i will say, mike defee sure seemed a little emotive when he called the targeting on roach.  that was weird. 

Edited by sidis
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, sidis said:

they got personal fouls but not unsportsmanlike penalties.  two different things.  had they received an unsportsmanlike, they would have been ejected. 

Thanks, I didn't recall whether they were PF or Unsportsmanlike.  I'd had many many beers by that point... 

15 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Sorry to tell you but every conference is corrupt. 

Yep.  I'm not fully on board the tinfoil hat train, but you do have to recognize the heightened incentives the conferences have to make the post-season.  An undefeated Oklahoma facilitates this.  Much easier than a 1-loss Texas.  The SEC drew up the template for massaging ranked teams through the regular season to stack their post-season success.  Baylor might have benefited from this.

Or developing rivalries.  See LSU/Ags last year.  90+ offensive plays for the ags, and not ONE holding penalty?  Every single other call going their way?  I don't know.  It's just all too convenient in close games where a call here, or a single call there can swing things.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Maybe so, but I at least desire road trips to destinations a bit nicer than Lubbock, Manhattan, Stillwater, etc. Fuck the Big 12.

Or the championship game.  Always a repeat of a regular season game.  Stupid.  Circular firing squad.  

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

Yep. There is simply too much money at stake. These conferences will do what it takes to get a shot at lucrative Bowl games. I just wish the BOMC helped us get biased officiating too...

We got fucked in the conference game vs OU last year for what seems to be this very reason.  The regular season game was too far out of hand early.  But the closer conference championship game was what sent OU forward.  This worries me this year as well if OU runs the table. 

Between bouts of my bourbon-blackouts watching the game I started grabbing screen shots of obviously holding plays with OU arms wrapped around Texas DL's necks and screaming at the dog.  Like the one of Hurd's long scramble.  Infuriating.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

You forgot about the unsportsmanlike sideline warning against ousucks. 

They get a pass as always.

6 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

You forgot about the unsportsmanlike sideline warning against ousucks. 

They get a pass as always.

first sideline warning is not an unsportsmanlike penalty.  that does not occur until the fourth infraction unless it was a physical interference with an official foul.

see rule 9, article 5 of the linked:

http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf

Game Administration and Sideline InterferenceARTICLE 5.

While the ball is alive and during the continuing action after the ball has been declared dead:a. Coaches, substitutes and authorized attendants in the team area must be behind the coaching line.

PENALTY—Administer as a dead-ball foul. First infraction: Warning for sideline interference. No yardage penalty. [S15]

Second and third infractions: Delay of game for sideline interference, five yards from the succeeding spot. [S21 and S29]

Fourth and subsequent infractions: Team unsportsmanlike conduct for sideline interference, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. [S27 and S29]

b. Physical interference with an official is a foul charged to the team for unsportsmanlike conduct. (A.R. 9-2-5-I)

PENALTY—Team unsportsmanlike conduct. Administer as a dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules.[S27]

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

Missing holding in the end zone after Brewer's sack on the last drive was unacceptable, the non-fumble was comedic. Now Tech is fined for announcing that Baylor, the league and Waco are corrupt. For 25k, Coach Herman should have laid into the officials just for the non-targeting fouls on two of our best players in the open field. Forget holding the entire game.

Such fucking bullshit.  fuck baylor, fuck the big 12.  Tech is the one that go screwed.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

first sideline warning is not an unsportsmanlike penalty.  that does not occur until the fourth infraction unless it was a physical interference with an official foul.

see rule 9, article 5 of the linked:

http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf

So if they got to the point where OU was assessed a team unsportsmanlike penalty would the entire team have then been ejected?