Beau Vine

Sell. Me. A Mattress.

17 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Avoid a hard mattress

Got it. 

I'm planning on testing them out by putting a pea underneath before I try to sleep on the mattress... Fingers crossed. 

On 1/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, Goofyboy said:

Sleep number purchased with a fancy base. Delivery set for Feb 5th.

Big 50% off sale thru 2/23 on the mattresses right now

Big 50% off sale thru 2/23 on the mattresses right now

Yep. We took advantage. I’ll report back after having the new setup.

I ordered a mint. Something about not sweating my ass off all summer and not having back pain every morning put me over the edge. I will update with a review once I get it.

13 hours ago, boknowstecmo said:

My mattress is old and misshapen and I need to get a new one. I was told to get one with a gel foam top because I am a hot sleeper. Anyone have experience buying from Slumber Solutions? I'm mostly interested because it's on sale. 

Slumber Solutions Gel Memory Foam from Overstock

If possible, look at the novaform pearl at Costco... That's what we'd go with if player 2 didn't hate all foam. 

Highly rated on CR, and a good price. Different firmness available. 

Edited by NWBuck

9 hours ago, NWBuck said:

If possible, look at the novaform pearl at Costco... That's what we'd go with if player 2 didn't hate all foam. 

Highly rated on CR, and a good price. Different firmness available. 

I've been on Shaggy/Surly too long because I read your post and thought, "Why are people rating mattresses in the Cloak Room?"

Thanks for the rec. 

On 1/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, Goofyboy said:

Sleep number purchased with a fancy base. Delivery set for Feb 5th.

How is this going? We purchased as well, ended up “saving” $3500. Delivery is March 3rd.  

I think we're going to pull the trigger on a Tuft & Needle Mint Mattress. 100 nights guarantee and the one we laid on at Northpark Mall was pretty nice. 

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

I think we're going to pull the trigger on a Tuft & Needle Mint Mattress. 100 nights guarantee and the one we laid on at Northpark Mall was pretty nice. 

i Like ours but wife likes something softer. They did send a free pillow top but now my back hurts again. I think I might have to go with a sleep number so that I can keep my side firmer.

Update. Mattress is breaking in and much more comfortable. Also they’re sending me a topper for free.

Exactly what happened to me, and the topper is exactly what we needed. Really great customer service too.

How is this going? We purchased as well, ended up “saving” $3500. Delivery is March 3rd.  

We are really happy with it. I had to start over to find my setting. Started with 95 and have adjusted down. I think I’m at 65 or 70. I like a really firm bed to sleep on. I like to lounge / watch TV at 30.

I bought a tempurpedic over the weekend, last night was the 4th night I've slept on it. Pretty good so far. We got the hybrid with innersprings. Feels much better than the regular Tempurpedics IMO. The wife is happy, which is 70% of the battle.

We are really happy with it. I had to start over to find my setting. Started with 95 and have adjusted down. I think I’m at 65 or 70. I like a really firm bed to sleep on. I like to lounge / watch TV at 30.

I know I’m getting some when wifey cranks both sides up to 100

Enjoying our Tuft and Needle Mint Mattress so far. Not waking up with back pain is rather nice. Got the nice pillow and my wife stole it from me so I had to order a 2nd one which is less full feeling than the original one. Women. 

On 4/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, fattyflattie said:

It’s firm and fucking awesome. Worst move I made was spending the last year in my deteriorating pillowtop. Best was ordering my current Costco memory foam. It’s very firm, wife thought she’d hate that but it’s been fantastic. Around $1000 iirc for a king. 

Ahem.  Neither the wife or I can get any sleep. Body aching. Added a little topper and it helped some but it’s just getting to the point where no one gets any rest.  Need some help. I’d guess my review above was good for 12-ish months before quality sleep started to deteriorate. 

Looks like I'm in the market now. We've had a sleep number for about 10+ years. Whole different market out there now. Don't think that I want to go sleep # again. It was fine, but too pricey. Nectar, Layla& Loom/leaf foams rate highly. Saatva classic also rates high.Anybody have experience with these brands?

Looks like I'm in the market now. We've had a sleep number for about 10+ years. Whole different market out there now. Don't think that I want to go sleep # again. It was fine, but too pricey. Nectar, Layla& Loom/leaf foams rate highly. Saatva classic also rates high.Anybody have experience with these brands?
I had shit mattresses for years. The Purple Mattress (the one that is springs/foam/and purple goo) I think it's the Purple 3. It's their pricey one, but it's the first time I have looked forward to going to sleep on a mattress since college...I see now they have changed their branding/names..but they are the same mattresses...I think I have the hybrid 3"...that's what she said.

It seems too simple, but that lattice purple stuff is great...but if the industry can make us think plain old foam is fancy, then the purple crap works too. And really helps with heat...foam-only mattresses are hotboxes for me.

They are in some mattress stores if you want to go try them out. Ignore the cheesy frame that lifts and vibrates. Just because it doesn't take quarters, doesn't make it a good idea.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, TexMex Horn said:

I have the Saatva and I like it quite a bit. I had the Nectar for a year and swapped it out. It was fine, but the Saatva is nicer.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:20 PM, DCLonghorn said:

I had shit mattresses for years. The Purple Mattress (the one that is springs/foam/and purple goo) I think it's the Purple 3. It's their pricey one, but it's the first time I have looked forward to going to sleep on a mattress since college...I see now they have changed their branding/names..but they are the same mattresses...I think I have the hybrid 3"...that's what she said.

It seems too simple, but that lattice purple stuff is great...but if the industry can make us think plain old foam is fancy, then the purple crap works too. And really helps with heat...foam-only mattresses are hotboxes for me.

They are in some mattress stores if you want to go try them out. Ignore the cheesy frame that lifts and vibrates. Just because it doesn't take quarters, doesn't make it a good idea.

Another +1 for Purple 3. Wife and I tried out a bunch of the popular online bed-in-a-boxes, returned them all. Purple 3 is so much better.