Texas beating Nebraska marathon on LHN

Dennis Taylor

56 minutes ago, Deej said:

I was happy to notice today that my ESPN+ bundled with my Disney and Hulu actually runs LHN programming. I hadn't really paid attention. Watching us dismantle Nebraska's program again has made my day 

Does it cost extra to watch LHN programming?

5 hours ago, Deej said:

I was happy to notice today that my ESPN+ bundled with my Disney and Hulu actually runs LHN programming. I hadn't really paid attention. Watching us dismantle Nebraska's program again has made my day 

That would be cool if it is not a mistake.

19 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Jamaal Charles ... it’s been far TOO LONG since we had a threat like him.

No kidding. Man he was fun to watch run.

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

2009 Big XII title game is on now. Colt was really bad from the start. Obviously their front whipped our ass a lot but he had more time then I remembered

If Nebraska had any pulse on offense, they would have ran us off the field that night. Hell even if they had just traded one of their FGs for a TD, they probably pull out the win.

I do recall that the game winning FG did not look true off his foot. Or maybe I am remembering another game. 

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If Nebraska had any pulse on offense, they would have ran us off the field that night. Hell even if they had just traded one of their FGs for a TD, they probably pull out the win.

I do recall that the game winning FG did not look true off his foot. Or maybe I am remembering another game. 

They got Watsoned. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

2009 Big XII title game is on now. Colt was really bad from the start. Obviously their front whipped our ass a lot but he had more time then I remembered

I remember listening to Dan Patrick the next day on the radio, "Colt McCoy, the Heisman trophy was his to lose.  And I think he lost it."

Tough shake. He had a bad game against a lights out defense on national television.

Couple of take aways from today's games. 1) JFC I would hate to be a Nebraska fan, and 2) Texas has had a remarkable number of clutch kickers.

I was at the game, and that stadium sucks for college football. I was in the lower level about 80 yards from the Texas band and could barely hear them from all the piped in noise from the Aerosmith sized concert speakers.

Glad arkie and aggy have to play there every year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

OH YEAH WELL I BET THEY DIDN'T SHOW THE ONE LOSS IN '99 TAKE THE LOSS (literally) PUSSY!

Nobody's perfect, but 9-1 is pretty close. Must be embarrassing to have never beaten a conference opponent during the regular season.

I know it was a lost season that we haven’t fully recovered from, but that 2010 win in Lincoln when they were ranked top 10 and looking for revenge on a down Texas team was REALLY fucking satisfying. I thought for sure Taylor Martinez or whatever the fuck his name was was about to have a field day against us. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

The Nebraska fans were so gracious after the 96 big 12 championship game.  They became more and more bitter as the years rolled (left) by.

I can never thank you guys enough for that. I’m eternally grateful. Buckeyes beating Jake the Snake in the Rose that year as well. Suck it, Bowden!

4 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

The Nebraska fans were so gracious after the 96 big 12 championship game.  They became more and more bitter as the years rolled (left) by.

As a Midwesterner I can confirm that Nebraska fans hate Texas, but they never really want to answer why...

• Like 2

I like the way you spell Callohan, reminds me of Tommy Boy.  RIP

I dislike the Longhorns very much, it is true.

It's not 1/4 of the dislike I have for fuck ou

CSB Bill Callohan indirectly/accidentally started/founded what we now know as "HUDL"

Edited by mulletpelini
ou sucks

28 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I like the way you spell Callohan, reminds me of Tommy Boy.  RIP

I dislike the Longhorns very much, it is true.

It's not 1/4 of the dislike I have for fuck ou

CSB Bill Callohan indirectly/accidentally started/founded what we now know as "HUDL"

Bill may have had something to do with Hudl, but there's no Hudl without Jeff Raikes who is worth upward of $400MM

Not disagreeing, but a great position coach/terrible head coach had a fuck ton to do with it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timnewcomb/2020/04/02/how-hudl-went-from-nebraska-startup-to-the-global-sports-video-data-leader/#27938d453672

While working with the Nebraska sports information department as a student, Graff was tapped into the current technology for Nebraska in 2005. And it wasn’t impressive. At the same time, Nebraska’s newly hired football coach, Bill Callahan, upped the data requests to staff. A conversation with Callahan about what was needed led Graff and his co-founders to realize that in the age of 2005 and 2006 — an age when people were still scared of online banking and using video to help coach still often included printing screen shots on paper — they knew the best way forward was finding an opportunity to capture video, index it and make it sharable to players, whether they were in the facility or not. 

“It was all about the data and video, making it easy to share out to players and coaches and easy to study for athletes,” Graff says. “If a coach wanted to mark up on video John Madden style or write down a note or a record a note with voice, that is where we focused. You could share playbooks and messages.” 

Nebraska and Callahan were sold with the idea, giving Graff and his team both access and funding to turn a prototype into a workable tool in time for spring 2007. 

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I know it was a lost season that we haven’t fully recovered from, but that 2010 win in Lincoln when they were ranked top 10 and looking for revenge on a down Texas team was REALLY fucking satisfying. I thought for sure Taylor Martinez or whatever the fuck his name was was about to have a field day against us. 

You will never go up against a better QB than TM

• Haha 2