Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

21 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

The DA who wrote the letter exonerating them after seeing the video needs 5-10 in state to think about their loyalties being to the law or their lynch mobbing friends.

Note that that prosecutor, George Barhnill, is not facing criminal charges, I don't believe.  

The one that it is the Glynn County prosecutor, Jackie Johnson, who first "declined" to prosecute, and then handed it off to her buddy because of the conflict of interest, with McMichael having been a DA investigator.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/prosecutor-indicted-misconduct-ahmaud-arbery-death-79797816

Barnhill can probably claim that he was unduly influenced by Johnson when attempting to exonerate them.  And, I don't believe either of them had seen the video when they did what they did.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not speaking in terms of this case.  I am speaking generally.

Example:  Amber Guyger was convicted of murder.  An automatic life sentence for that would have been unjust.  This notwithstanding the differences in murder in Georgia and Texas.  My point being that there are varations of murder, some of which require life, some of which require 30 years, and some of which might require 10 or 20.

Intentional, capitol murder should be death/ life sentence.

murder in the commission of a crime 30 years 

man slaughter, 10 years min. 

Normally you have to investigate something in order to find evidence that would lead to charges.  It tends to not show up when you just interview the parties still living to tell their side.  

surprisingly, many people this year have had to learn the hard way that it’s a bad idea to film your crimes and then release them to the public.  It seems intuitive and yet…

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Intentional, capitol murder should be death/ life sentence.

murder in the commission of a crime 30 years 

man slaughter, 10 years min. 

Well, capital murder usually requires commission in the course of another felony.  And all murder is, by definition, intentional.

I don't like mandatory minimums for anything.

Note that that prosecutor, George Barhnill, is not facing criminal charges, I don't believe.  
The one that it is the Glynn County prosecutor, Jackie Johnson, who first "declined" to prosecute, and then handed it off to her buddy because of the conflict of interest, with McMichael having been a DA investigator.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/prosecutor-indicted-misconduct-ahmaud-arbery-death-79797816
Barnhill can probably claim that he was unduly influenced by Johnson when attempting to exonerate them.  And, I don't believe either of them had seen the video when they did what they did.

Johnson saw the video. She cited to it several times in her letter saying “don’t prosecute the defendants, Arbery was the bad guy here.” Crooked. Bitch.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Johnson saw the video. She cited to it several times in her letter saying “don’t prosecute the defendants, Arbery was the bad guy here.” Crooked. Bitch.

Barnhill refers to the video in his letter as well.

Edit: We may be referring to the same letter. Barnhill was the author unless Johnson wrote one as well.

Edited by Genco

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

surprisingly, many people this year have had to learn the hard way that it’s a bad idea to film your crimes and then release them to the public.  It seems intuitive and yet…

I see it all the time yet it’s typically an audio phone recording. 

Hey I got this great audio recording of the other side admitting they did it!

Listen to the recording. Uh yeah you actually just destroyed your own case. 

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I didn’t realize she had seen the video at the time she did that. So fuck her and send her to prison. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Barnhill cites the video in the letter saying that Arbry initiated the conflict. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Normally you have to investigate something in order to find evidence that would lead to charges.  It tends to not show up when you just interview the parties still living to tell their side.  

They film themselves and release the evidence because they not only think that they did nothing wrong, they believe that what they did was the best course of action.  No villain has ever been the bad guy in their own mind.

Just as truly stupid people think they are the smartest person in the room, often evil people feel like they are the shepherds of virtue.  

and when you combine both those fallacy attributes, you get guys like this, and they get what they deserve. 

having said that, with a website and some collectible coins, I could raise $500k for these guy’s “appellate fund” by Christmas.