2021 WR Casey Cain

51 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

but i do wish him the best. 

Yes clearly. As you shit all over his HS, prognostications and future university on his commitment thread. In a disingenuous passive aggressive girly manner of course.

Guess it’s ingrained in you cajun trash.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, texastough said:

What, are y’all mad that Kyrie won’t say he’s a great take?

Actually, what he said is that there's really no such thing as a good take for us.

And the basis for this is an analysis that literally has zero application to our staff. They've recruited zero players who were 5* guys who have been draft eligible. Or I could say they're batting .1000 because Ed Oliver, the one 5* recruit they've landed who's been eligible for the draft went in the 1st round. But I think that would be overstating their involvement in his development.

Then if I'm being generous, I'd say he linked it to the player he's allegedly discussing by linking development of 5*'s and 3*'s. This link may exist. It is not demonstrated in the data he was so anxious to share. And then he held a masturbatory session honoring LSU's weight room tech.

So in summary, it was a post that wasn't about our staff, the recruit in question, or even players *like* the recruit in question. But it was a spank session about LSU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

the problem is not recruiting kids like this, the problem is development of all your players.

witness when it comes to 5 star players...

9755207.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

Developing 5 star players to the NFL

if you’re having a problem developing 5s, it’s a problem developing 3s. it’s why we completely revamped our entire program top to bottom 3 years ago down to the smallest detail, and it’s paid off with our recent season as well as the draft. consider that CEH was a 3 star, JJ was a 2 star and Adrian Magee literally had no stars and zero offers out of HS, went JUCO and ended up a 3rd round pick. That’s not counting the 12 others who were drafted and the 5 additional who were UDFAs.

we recognized an issue and employed technology and other metrics and upgraded our facilities and nutrition center to maximize potential. it leads to enhanced development.

this is our weight room tech, the only P5 school to have it to date outside of Duke.

http:// https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/lsu-is-winning-the-weight-room-arms-race-with-real-time-data-11575460957

that’s how you maximum abilities. coupled with our own site nutrition center tailor-made to each athletes requirements and dietary needs, pods, etc., we’re able to make up the difference in developing athletes that other programs cannot.

2008-2017? So you're saying late era Mack Brown and Charlie Strong sucked at developing? That's the first time that opinion has ever been shared on this site!

Looking at Tom Herman's recruits/draftees according to 247:

Houston (played at least 1 year under Herman): 

Unranked: 1

2 Star: 3

3 Star: 6

5 Star: 1 (out of 1)

Given that Houston hadn't had multiple players taken in a single draft since 1998, I'd venture to say his developmental track record compared pretty well to Houston's past.

Texas (played at least 1 year under Herman, none were recruited by him):

Unranked: 1 (The Punter)

3 Star: 2

4 Star: 5

5 Star: 1 (out of 1)(Malik, Brandon Jones was a 4 star on 247)

His first draft class would've been eligible this year, but none declared early.

All that to say, the graph you provided is entirely misleading when it comes to the developmental track record of the current staff. But as a "guest" on this site, I'm sure you knew that.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

the problem is not recruiting kids like this, the problem is development of all your players.

witness when it comes to 5 star players...

9755207.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320

Developing 5 star players to the NFL

if you’re having a problem developing 5s, it’s a problem developing 3s. it’s why we completely revamped our entire program top to bottom 3 years ago down to the smallest detail, and it’s paid off with our recent season as well as the draft. consider that CEH was a 3 star, JJ was a 2 star and Adrian Magee literally had no stars and zero offers out of HS, went JUCO and ended up a 3rd round pick. That’s not counting the 12 others who were drafted and the 5 additional who were UDFAs.

we recognized an issue and employed technology and other metrics and upgraded our facilities and nutrition center to maximize potential. it leads to enhanced development.

this is our weight room tech, the only P5 school to have it to date outside of Duke.

http:// https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/lsu-is-winning-the-weight-room-arms-race-with-real-time-data-11575460957

that’s how you maximum abilities. coupled with our own site nutrition center tailor-made to each athletes requirements and dietary needs, pods, etc., we’re able to make up the difference in developing athletes that other programs cannot.

Hey, man. Tough result for your team today. Ya *hate* to see it.

Anyways what's up with the weight room tech? On the fritz? I noticed Duke is sitting at 0-3 (that's 0-4 for 2020 season overall, if you're counting). That's somewhat concerning. Anyways, best of luck to you and your maximally optimized group of fighting 5*'s. Sky is the limit, imo. Ensminger looked damn good. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/16/2020 at 9:39 AM, PsychMike said:

During my early football days (late 70s-early 80's) I was told that the reason we used 40 yard dash to time football player is because that's the distance where we typically reach maximal speed. That said, I would wager that every individual has their own curve. Take a look at this acceleration curve from the world's fastest sprinter.

main-qimg-a916f8609d38f5e1eae3b818814ae6

He continues to accelerate well beyond 40m, although the increment is smaller moving to the right. I would imagine that could explain the disparity of a person's 200m time vs 40. I wouldn't trust any conversion table, because I imagine a well-designed study generating such table would contain sizable error bars.

So he's like Usain Bolt but he can catch a football?  I'll take it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1