Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The real fun part is when we all get to get really mad over this again a few years from now after the judiciary tells Floyd's family to pound sand.

Yeah, as someone who very much believes that the concept of immunity is valid and necessary....qualified immunity, particularly when it comes to police violence, has become so tortured and narrow that it's all but impossible to find liability.  "Yes, we found an exact, identical scenario, except it happened on a Tuesday, and this incident happened on a Saturday, and everyone knows weekends are different, so...qualified immunity."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, that last time it was overcast, but this case here it was REALLY overcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, as someone who very much believes that the concept of immunity is valid and necessary....qualified immunity, particularly when it comes to police violence, has become so tortured and narrow that it's all but impossible to find liability.  "Yes, we found an exact, identical scenario, except it happened on a Tuesday, and this incident happened on a Saturday, and everyone knows weekends are different, so...qualified immunity."

That doctrine has done far more harm to police departments than any other. It’s allowed them to get away with murder and do nothing about it. 

Its helped out their insurance carriers though. So that’s nice. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bernorange said:

So you are saying that the Twin Towers were an appropriate target for disaffected foreign nationals to protest their abuses on 9/11/01?

I remember when someone said you were not a shitty poster.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That doctrine has done far more harm to police departments than any other. It’s allowed them to get away with murder and do nothing about it. 

Its helped out their insurance carriers though. So that’s nice. 

How has it harmed them?  They don't give a shit about their reputation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nivek said:

I remember when someone said you were not a shitty poster.  

I can't recall anyone ever saying you had a sense of humor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I remember when someone said you were not a shitty poster.  

What you have to understand is that, to most libertarians, Target's inventory is more important than a black person's life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The real fun part is when we all get to get really mad over this again a few years from now after the judiciary tells Floyd's family to pound sand.

I don't know or think you can count on the 8th to do that.  Sure as fuck could the 5th though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I don't know or think you can count on the 8th to do that.  Sure as fuck could the 5th though.

Well, if not the 8th, then this SCOTUS certainly would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I can't recall anyone ever saying you had a sense of humor.

So you were joking about the twin towers and the 2900+ dead?  Got any jokes about cancer, I have a dying aunt that might not live out the week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So you were joking about the twin towers and the 2900+ dead?  Got any jokes about cancer, I have a dying aunt that might not live out the week.  

Got any pics of your dying aunt, this thread is hard to fap to in hea.

But seriously, I have never seen  a cop put his/her knee on a citizen's neck like what happened in the case being rioted over.  As some have mentioned there have been cases where you see what happened before the cop does wrong and you can see why the cop might have reacted the way they did. 

This case is as clear as can be that the cop was wrong.  And at minimum the 4 cops involved have lost their jobs because of it.

If there ever was a case for charges to be brought against a cop, at minimum negligent homicide, this seems to be it.  Should also be a training video on how not to be a cop.  As one poster said in another thread that the training they received said never lean on the neck, kidney, or one other body spot I can't recall.

Does Minnesota have limits on what they can prosecute on wrt stealing from a store?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

That video of the army of cops in front of that cops house is unreal. I can see parking a couple there to ensure folks don't set the place on fire, but THAT many??? Total bullshit and a needless escalation and an absolute "Fuck You" to the people of Minneapolis, especially those that are African American

Are they on duty? If not, why are they in uniform and who authorized/sanctioned this army of cops to guard his house? Total bullshit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, zork said:

Got any pics of your dying aunt, this thread is hard to fap to in hea.

But seriously, I have never seen  a cop put his/her knee on a citizen's neck like what happened in the case being rioted over.  As some have mentioned there have been cases where you see what happened before the cop does wrong and you can see why the cop might have reacted the way they did. 

This case is as clear as can be that the cop was wrong.  And at minimum the 4 cops involved have lost their jobs because of it.

If there ever was a case for charges to be brought against a cop, at minimum negligent homicide, this seems to be it.  Should also be a training video on how not to be a cop.  As one poster said in another thread that the training they received said never lean on the neck, kidney, or one other body spot I can't recall.

Does Minnesota have limits on what they can prosecute on wrt stealing from a store?

Yep. A cop has finally done something bad enough to a black man to get Zork to think there might have been a negligent homicide here.

LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Are they on duty? If not, why are they in uniform and who authorized/sanctioned this army of cops to guard his house? Total bullshit

They were trying to prevent a lynching!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

That video of the army of cops in front of that cops house is unreal. I can see parking a couple there to ensure folks don't set the place on fire, but THAT many??? Total bullshit and a needless escalation and an absolute "Fuck You" to the people of Minneapolis, especially those that are African American

what is interesting to me about that situation is it makes me truly wonder how all the pieces of shit that persist in this country (with their fucked up, white people are the real victims in society so let's elect a retard like donald trump perspective) can perform the mental gymnastics of looking at a video like that and comparing it to the fact that no cops showed up to create a barrier of hundreds of leo to protect the cop who told the redneck family that the park was closed for community safety purposes (which incited an armed gathering outside his home protesting him actually enforcing an order intended to protect people) versus the protection of a scumbag who outright murdered a guy with a grin on his face and maintain such a perspective.

i mean, i know being a piece of shit doesn't require any rationality but i'm just curious how one manages that level of naked hypocrisy.  clap clap?  greathornsby?  turkleton?  any of you guys care to provide any insight?  do you just say "meh, bad apple" or is there something more insidious at work there?

whoever said it above couldn't be more right.  those were people sending a message stating "fuck you, we run this shit and how dare you question our authoritah."  in a world with any sense of justice, there should have been four cops sent to his house to ask him if he was going to surrender himself voluntarily or if they needed to take him down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So you were joking about the twin towers and the 2900+ dead?  Got any jokes about cancer, I have a dying aunt that might not live out the week.  

My aunt’s star sign was cancer, pretty ironic how she died. – She was eaten by a giant crab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

on a lighter note, who knew there were black people in minnesota?  does this explain the gophers' miraculous 11 win season?

/noracist

edit: a little bit racist.

Edited by sidis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

giphy.gif

you truly know how to cut me deep you bastard.  using my third favorite musician ever against me.

didn't we pick him up in the racial draft over a decade back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bernorange said:

So you are saying that the Twin Towers were an appropriate target for disaffected foreign nationals to protest their abuses on 9/11/01?

When the people in Minneapolis kill thousands you might have a point. 
That’s weak shit man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nivek said:

How has it harmed them?  They don't give a shit about their reputation. 

No criminal liability for the police is a given.

No civil liability means no attempts to reform. If civil liability exists, reform happens. The republican judge led doctrine of qualified immunity means no reform because the cops insurance carrier don’t care which means more cops killing civilians which means situations like now where cops have to protect their own cop houses from mobs.  Not even the cops want that. Most of them anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

No criminal liability for the police is a given.

No civil liability means no attempts to reform. If civil liability exists, reform happens. The republican judge led doctrine of qualified immunity means no reform because the cops insurance carrier don’t care which means more cops killing civilians which means situations like now where cops have to protect their own cop houses from mobs.  Not even the cops want that. Most of them anyway. 

If by "insurance carrier" you mean "self-insured cities paying with taxpayer money".....yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

If by "insurance carrier" you mean "self-insured cities paying with taxpayer money".....yeah.

While true a lot of the time, but not always, a distinction without difference.

Other people’s money.

Except of course, it’s not. But whose counting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now might be the time for someone to throw a garbage can into the window of a pizzeria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about instead of civil liability the government just turns the murderous cop over to the victim's family to go reservoir dogs on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

How about instead of civil liability the government just turns the murderous cop over to the victim's family to go reservoir dogs on

Like I said, no criminal liability for the cops is a given. Just watch and see.

Oh. Charges will be brought. And consequences will be zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, it's extremely hard to conclude anything but that Minneapolis law enforcement want to incite more riots. This is not a standard that law enforcement has ever required to make an arrest in any scenario in which the suspect is not a cop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

At this point, it's extremely hard to conclude anything but that Minneapolis law enforcement want to incite more riots. This is not a standard that law enforcement has ever required to make an arrest in any scenario in which the suspect is not a cop.

The prosecutor just telegraphed that he's not going to bring charges.

When that is formally announced, Minneapolis will burn, and people will die.  A natural and expected result from the system functioning EXACTLY AS DESIGNED.  This is what is SUPPOSED to happen, under the current system.  The arrogance and absolute "fuck you, what are you gonna do about it?" is incredible.  But predictable.

Minneapolis may burn to the ground.  And at this point, maybe it should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

It should be open season on hunting Minneapolis cops if charges aren't brought. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry this is mostly unrelated to looting, but apparently Floyd was a rapper in Houston and collab’d with DJ Screw back in the day

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Well, skimming backwards I guess Wildcat linked the 2nd one. The first shows him breaking the windows.d2a4ffcecdadcf235ae9d1b8aaba62c7.jpg

EZH5JybWsAIzwO6?format=jpg&name=small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:
Well, skimming backwards I guess Wildcat linked the 2nd one. The first shows him breaking the windows.d2a4ffcecdadcf235ae9d1b8aaba62c7.jpg


Obviously take this with a huge grain of salt, but this is making the rounds on social media tonight.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The prosecutor just telegraphed that he's not going to bring charges.

I am not sure the US Attorney will join in that decision. 18 U.S.C. § 242 is a powerful weapon for the US Attorney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

I am not sure the US Attorney will join in that decision. 18 U.S.C. § 242 is a powerful weapon for the US Attorney.

The US Attorney.  For the US DOJ.  The CURRENT DOJ.  Good luck with that.  Odds are better that the US Attorney will be ordered to investigate how Hunter Biden is involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The US Attorney.  For the US DOJ.  The CURRENT DOJ.  Good luck with that.  Odds are better that the US Attorney will be ordered to investigate how Hunter Biden is involved.

Point taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:


Obviously take this with a huge grain of salt, but this is making the rounds on social media tonight.

 

 

 

 

If you go down that rabbit hole....there's a LOT of batshit crazy shit going around on social media.  We are a stupid fucking species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:
10 hours ago, wildcat09 said:
Yeah, I don't really have the time to get into a long explanation of why I think Target is an appropriate target for their rage, but it's basically all of this. These are systemic problems and everyone who benefits from the system and does nothing to stop its abuses ultimately shares responsibility for the harms it causes. That includes you, me, bad_teammate, and as much as I'm sure he'll refuse to admit it, Rougarou. And it definitely includes Target, and more specifically, its directors and shareholders. Target, as one of the bigger beneficiaries of the system, has a much larger role in how it operates than we do, particularly in the city in which it is headquartered. Anyone who doesn't believe that large corporations don't have significant political influence in the cities they're located in, particularly in the cities they're headquartered in, is a complete fool. Are they solely responsible? Certainly not. Would the problems persist absent Target's existence? Almost certainly. But Target does exist, and it has, intentionally or not, consciously or not, played a significant role in permitting or even exacerbating the systemic abuses that resulted in this unrest. So Target is a particularly appropriate (goddamnit) target for the looting that was inevitably going to result in response to the systemic abuses targeted against a population that was denied the benefits of the social compact, but always expected to comply with its requirements regardless.

Read more  

That or it was a block from the police station and ooh look free TVs.

I don’t consider it looting.  I figured  Target was just having a real good Blue Light Line Special.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

 

Seen that before.

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Glad to see MPD taking a step back, and taking the opportunity to reassess their role with the community, and dial back their perceived contempt for the public.
Wait...what’s that...they’re doubling down on the “fuck you, peasants?” Yeah...that’s no surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This timeline is a complete shit show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much does it take for everyone to realize how insanely broken this country truly is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...