There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:14 AM, Lobo said:

If any of my recent posts on the oil thread are deemed to be overtly anti-Trump, I'll self ban from the whole DT forum for a week, or whatever the mods deem appropriate.  

Meantime, I got "weirdo" shit to do.  Actually, I don't.  But I wish I did, sounds fun.  

quoting lobo to piss off anyone who has him on ignore for posting facts and logic consistent with consensus reality.

this is the place to do that, right?

7 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I have a lot of questions about the Beirut explosion. Like first, what caused---- no wait, my first question is, what did Trump say about it. And my second question about the explosion in Beirut is LULZ don't you think Trump is a fucking orange retard? 

Where did I use any of that rhetoric or charged language? I posted factual and relevant news that the president and commander in chief of our armed forces went on record saying it was an attack, and that his joint chiefs later said they told him no such thing.

Was it an attack? Was it an accident? 

The leader of the free world disagrees with his generals on if it was or not. Or he is misrepresenting the information being given to him.

Seems relevant to the discussion on if it was an attack or not - you know, since he unilaterally commands our armed forces and receives daily intelligence briefings on global threats.

1 minute ago, high side 3 way said:

Hey I'm not the one on trial here for CR-ing every thread by mentioning the president.

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Where did I use any of that rhetoric or charged language? I posted factual and relevant news that the president and commander in chief of our armed forces went on record saying it was an attack, and that his joint chiefs later said they told him no such thing.

Was it an attack? Was it an accident? 

The leader of the free world disagrees with his generals on if it was or not. Or he is misrepresenting the information being given to him.

Seems relevant to the discussion on if it was an attack or not - you know, since he unilaterally commands our armed forces and receives daily intelligence briefings on global threats.

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lulz. Is the oil thread the place to espouse your opinion, celebrating random no-name organizations for “taking a stand” against Trump?  No, it’s not. He was very specifically trying to stir shit up. 

The organizations I mentioned in that thread were taking a stand against Saudi market dumping and related parties.  It was incredibly clear from my posts.  I did mention Trump on that thread, but never in a negative way.  Simply mentioned some truthful things like he was visiting the Permian Basin and was going to listen to these groups who have serious concerns about how foreign producers are behaving.  Your lack of reading comprehension is only overshadowed by your ego (which now that I think about it, completely explains your political worship).  

So I'll post this again---if you can demonstrate a single post from that thread that specifically berates Trump, stirs shit up, and doesn't speak to groups "taking a stand" against Saudi Arabia...I will self ban for a week.  Shit, I'll self-ban for a month.  Where exactly, Rex, did I speak negatively about the President on the oil thread?  I mentioned those groups were taking a stand against oil dumping by other nations.  Cut and paste the pertinent portion of our back and forth and be specific about where I said anything negative about the President.  You've been asked to do it for well over a week now, but it seems you can't produce it.  This is your big shining moment to be a hero, so get it done.

Edited by Lobo

Fair enough.

All you had to do though is provide one post from that oil thread that is even remotely anti-Trump and I’d go away for a long time.  I mentioned his visit to some host groups that are frustrated with Saudi market dumping.     Seems strange you wouldn’t follow through given the number of posts in which you literally wish me to leave the board for a prolonged period of time.  You have this low hanging fruit you can’t execute on, seems weird man. 

It was clear to anyone who reads your DT posts; they’re littered with baiting political bullshit.

This is true for a solid 10-15 frequent DT posters on all sides of the political spectrum. You are one of those 10-15. You very literally admitted up thread that you are mad that liberals are allowed on the DT. Stop crying.

3 hours ago, immamac said:

This is going to be the longest off-season ever. I can't wait till November 4th where half the board commits suicide or is ready to stop being so dramatic about everything every day. 

seriously.

i can't even.

the whole world has gone mad. i think this board's angst is a bit of a microcosm of this madness.

i feel like everyone is dolores umbridge looking for more shit to hang on the wall.

it's exhausting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

“great” is doing a lot of work here. 

Nah. They are keeping the peace and keeping the medium open. At the really old site, the owner would have shut both DT and CR down. Mods are keeping information flowing. Harder than it looks these days with the effects of polarization that dominates this nation.

Even the post a pic that makes you lol thread has a bunch of political crap in it now. I wonder what would happen if i posted a pic making fun of trump though?

Also i'm starting to see how certain posters get all their rep. Just sitting in those threads posting dumbass jokes and gifs all day and upvoting each other. Quite the circlejerk.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Even the post a pic that makes you lol thread has a bunch of political crap in it now. I wonder what would happen if i posted a pic making fun of trump though?

Also i'm starting to see how certain posters get all their rep. Just sitting in those threads posting dumbass jokes and gifs all day and upvoting each other. Quite the circlejerk.

I earned most of my rep on TOS via forums like: baseball, music, and bashing Obama and the Democrats.  I earn most of my points on this site via forums like:  baseball, music, (some Seinfeld on 'Do You Ever Yearn'), and now bashing Trump on CR (where I still don't say much about other Republicans, since I was active in the party for quite awhile).  It's all worthless points, except to Rex Kramer who still takes it direly seriously.  I mean, I like to let people know (in an easy way) that their pithy response is appreciated, but otherwise...who cares?  My point is it's okay, and downright fun, to rip apart our elected leaders because they are usually horrible at their jobs.  The reason the circlejerk exists now is because Trump has become a strange phenomenon.  You used to be able to rail against government at a fundraiser and people all kinda went, "Yeah, those bastards in D.C...who needs 'em?"  From the cultural progressive coastal elites to the regressive backwoods Republicans...most of polite society could bag on both parties while supporting people of both parties so long as it suited them.  

Flash forward to now though, and it's beyond bifurcated.  I have hundreds of posts against Austin's liberal city council, Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid/Wendy Davis, pro 2A, deeply engaged GOP Texan with enough connectivity to truly piss off Rex Kramer...but I post some anti-Trump shit and suddenly, according to Dr. Beeper...I am part of the "Cloak Room Liberal Cabal."  Even though most of the DT posters and I are as engaged with Texas GOP as anyone.  That's the mystery to me.  Suddenly, due to my subscription to love and logic and thinking Trump may not be a living God-King...I am a left-wing nutjob?  That's how quickly a board of highly educated people voluntarily dumbed themselves down.  A lot of posters never liked me, and that's fine...but it was for more tone/personality shit.  They never had an issue with how I bagged on Democrats.  Then I took a stand against their guy, and I get entire threads dedicated to what a cabal-loving weirdo I am.  Now, I am weird...but a liberal loving/anti-GOP I am not.  But that's what it's become on this site about Trump.  One cross word about one lie he's told, despite 110% empirical evidence on a site of grown adults who deal in facts for a living...and suddenly it's fuck you to a hundred posters who maybe don't like watching what's happening to our country. 

The best part?  Biden will be sworn in in late January...I'll get back to my hobby of blocking the Democratic Party.  And I'll go back to pos rep from the Trumpers.  Except Rex Kramer, he'll somehow know.  He'll know.  He is wise, that one.  Shifty, they might say.  Deep down inside, some of these guys never lost their bully streak because nobody at HPHS can punch worth a shit.   

On 8/7/2020 at 7:06 AM, immamac said:

This is going to be the longest off-season ever. I can't wait till November 4th where half the board commits suicide or is ready to stop being so dramatic about everything every day. 

I shall OD on DQ Blizzards and TexMex by then, so It don’t make a shit either way to me.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I shall OD on DQ Blizzards and TexMex by then, so It don’t make a shit either way to me.

For all the wars you've lived through, fortunes won or lost, women you've conquered, empires you've crushed, nation states come and go on your watch.....you helped the Wright Brothers get from the Beach to the Moon...all those wonders and moments will NOT be lost like tears in the rain.  You are not going out from a $3 iced confection and a cheese enchilada.  I will see you on the other side of 2040, you magnificent bastard.  

I earned most of my rep on TOS via forums like: baseball, music, and bashing Obama and the Democrats.  I earn most of my points on this site via forums like:  baseball, music, (some Seinfeld on 'Do You Ever Yearn'), and now bashing Trump on CR (where I still don't say much about other Republicans, since I was active in the party for quite awhile).  It's all worthless points, except to Rex Kramer who still takes it direly seriously.  I mean, I like to let people know (in an easy way) that their pithy response is appreciated, but otherwise...who cares?  My point is it's okay, and downright fun, to rip apart our elected leaders because they are usually horrible at their jobs.  The reason the circlejerk exists now is because Trump has become a strange phenomenon.  You used to be able to rail against government at a fundraiser and people all kinda went, "Yeah, those bastards in D.C...who needs 'em?"  From the cultural progressive coastal elites to the regressive backwoods Republicans...most of polite society could bag on both parties while supporting people of both parties so long as it suited them.  
Flash forward to now though, and it's beyond bifurcated.  I have hundreds of posts against Austin's liberal city council, Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid/Wendy Davis, pro 2A, deeply engaged GOP Texan with enough connectivity to truly piss off Rex Kramer...but I post some anti-Trump shit and suddenly, according to Dr. Beeper...I am part of the "Cloak Room Liberal Cabal."  Even though most of the DT posters and I are as engaged with Texas GOP as anyone.  That's the mystery to me.  Suddenly, due to my subscription to love and logic and thinking Trump may not be a living God-King...I am a left-wing nutjob?  That's how quickly a board of highly educated people voluntarily dumbed themselves down.  A lot of posters never liked me, and that's fine...but it was for more tone/personality shit.  They never had an issue with how I bagged on Democrats.  Then I took a stand against their guy, and I get entire threads dedicated to what a cabal-loving weirdo I am.  Now, I am weird...but a liberal loving/anti-GOP I am not.  But that's what it's become on this site about Trump.  One cross word about one lie he's told, despite 110% empirical evidence on a site of grown adults who deal in facts for a living...and suddenly it's fuck you to a hundred posters who maybe don't like watching what's happening to our country. 
The best part?  Biden will be sworn in in late January...I'll get back to my hobby of blocking the Democratic Party.  And I'll go back to pos rep from the Trumpers.  Except Rex Kramer, he'll somehow know.  He'll know.  He is wise, that one.  Shifty, they might say.  Deep down inside, some of these guys never lost their bully streak because nobody at HPHS can punch worth a shit.   

TL;DR
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

For all the wars you've lived through, fortunes won or lost, women you've conquered, empires you've crushed, nation states come and go on your watch.....you helped the Wright Brothers get from the Beach to the Moon...all those wonders and moments will NOT be lost like tears in the rain.  You are not going out from a $3 iced confection and a cheese enchilada.  I will see you on the other side of 2040, you magnificent bastard.  

A large Blizzard is now $4.99.

C786E87E-0BA9-42F5-A47E-FA9692F50275.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You sound bitter

20 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

You sound bitter

Man, you sound as bitter as an Indiana Palm Tree taking over the airports.  I know I sound like a functionally retarded Southerner, but I have the best words.  

6 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've got a reddit account with over 50,000 rep points, and two others that have over 10,000.  PM me offers if interest rep points matter to you.

Gonna warn you though, one of those smaller accounts involves a lot of Sela Ward pics.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've got a reddit account with over 50,000 rep points, and two others that have over 10,000.  PM me offers if interest rep points matter to you.

Gonna warn you though, one of those smaller accounts involves a lot of Sela Ward pics.

Send me the Sela Ward pics and I'll decide if they're worthy.

rep points are dumb and worthless. you can get banned for having too many of the red ones though. That's the only reason I can think of, other than being a pussy, to be afraid of using the politics forum for political discussions. Am I eager to get the shaggy alt right over in the cloak room for mud slinging purposes? No. I think I'd ignore a lot of them and avoid their threads except where it seems like discussion is happening in good faith. I do think it sucks that the news/serious stuff/etc forum is full of nakedly political discussions rife with misinformation and hate mongering. Mostly because, for apolitical surly posters, they're just exposed to a baseline level of that shit and you can't really wade in there, since it is unclear what makes something a political discussion per the mods. I think it would be cool if political discussion stayed in politics, but mostly I think it would be cool if the news/serious stuff forum wasn't a Fox panel.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I actually prefer non-political discussions because I hate the parties and endlessly pointing out Trump's flaws is boring.

What's happening in DT now is interesting because it's just a sea of completely insincere trolling. People aren't saying what they actually think/believe, they're just on a non-stop mission to start fights and arguments and they make zero effort to genuinely discuss whatever the issue is. As soon as discussions become even vaguely sincere, they disappear until another troll post happens and then they swarm like a hive of bees around it.

It is, of course, politically right-wing guys. They desperately need a safe space where they can just recycle the same jokes at each other without anyone bothering them. Like a classroom full of paste-eaters kept away from the general population because it's just nicer for the paste-eaters that way.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

rep points are dumb and worthless. you can get banned for having too many of the red ones though. That's the only reason I can think of, other than being a pussy, to be afraid of using the politics forum for political discussions. Am I eager to get the shaggy alt right over in the cloak room for mud slinging purposes? No. I think I'd ignore a lot of them and avoid their threads except where it seems like discussion is happening in good faith. I do think it sucks that the news/serious stuff/etc forum is full of nakedly political discussions rife with misinformation and hate mongering. Mostly because, for apolitical surly posters, they're just exposed to a baseline level of that shit and you can't really wade in there, since it is unclear what makes something a political discussion per the mods. I think it would be cool if political discussion stayed in politics, but mostly I think it would be cool if the news/serious stuff forum wasn't a Fox panel.

Fuck you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

We live in a world where the President abruptly walked out in the middle of a press conference yesterday, when a reporter called him out on his repeatedly claiming to sign something that Obama actually signed 6 years ago.  And a few of the relatives/friends of mine that are still openly following of Trump are already out there on FB claiming it didn't happen and is fake news, or that he realized he was late for a meeting or whatever.

And we haven't seen nothing yet.

Shit, Fitlump raised nearly $20,000 in her campaign for an Austin City Council seat, and she's got the county and some of the state GOP behind her.  And this is her campaign poster, and I've seen one in the wild.

spacer.png

We are in the Darkest Timeline.

spacer.png

November is going to be rough.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I had several million at TOS. Fiat reps.

• Hook 'Em 1