Jump to content
tx 3 putt

TikTok : Give me TikTok or Give me Death !!!

Recommended Posts

I don't want to imagine a Surly that had a thread for every one of Trump's inane ADHD-spawned drivel tweets.

+ rep for the title though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Tik Tok is the suck. 

Point.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

it's the #1 time killer known to man and it's full hot females 

Counterpoint. 

 

I'm gonna have to go with tx 3 putt on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it so much more successful than Vine was? Just better at figuring out what types of vids you like and shoving them down your gullet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Point.

Counterpoint. 

 

I'm gonna have to go with tx 3 putt on this one.

more specifically, for some reason my feed is full of milf's in bikinis and yoga pants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why is it so much more successful than Vine was? Just better at figuring out what types of vids you like and shoving them down your gullet? 

Chinese spyware/algorithm

TikTok is actually a dangerous and terrible app and I wouldn’t mind it being banned until China cleans it up but, as usual, Trump isn’t saying he’s banning it for actual real security reasons - he’s banning it because the Zoomers use it to embarrass him and he doesn’t understand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why is it so much more successful than Vine was? Just better at figuring out what types of vids you like and shoving them down your gullet? 
Lots of built in effects and a massive marketing campaign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:


Chinese spyware/algorithm

TikTok is actually a dangerous and terrible app and I wouldn’t mind it being banned until China cleans it up but, as usual, Trump isn’t saying he’s banning it for actual real security reasons - he’s banning it because the Zoomers use it to embarrass him and he doesn’t understand it.

You don't have to lie.

 

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/america/010820/trump-says-he-will-ban-tik-tok-in-us.html

Washington: President Donald Trump said Friday he will bar fast-growing social media app TikTok from the United States as American authorities have raised concerns the service could be a tool for Chinese intelligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

trump banning something not for security reasons while actual experts says it's full of keyloggers aren't mutually exclusive

Edited by elfenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You don't have to lie.

 

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/america/010820/trump-says-he-will-ban-tik-tok-in-us.html

Washington: President Donald Trump said Friday he will bar fast-growing social media app TikTok from the United States as American authorities have raised concerns the service could be a tool for Chinese intelligence.

Your evidence is...a Trump quote??? Far better chance that Trump is lying than telling the truth in anything he says. So...good job proving Bama Chick’s statement, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:


Chinese spyware/algorithm

TikTok is actually a dangerous and terrible app and I wouldn’t mind it being banned until China cleans it up but, as usual, Trump isn’t saying he’s banning it for actual real security reasons - he’s banning it because the Zoomers use it to embarrass him and he doesn’t understand it.

dm me your tiktok id, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Your evidence is...a Trump quote??? Far better chance that Trump is lying than telling the truth in anything he says. So...good job proving Bama Chick’s statement, thank you. 

So the time he said he wants to cancel the election he was lying? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So the time he said he wants to cancel the election he was lying? 

Sorry, I can’t keep up with his 4D chess. He’s too brilliant - no way to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:


Chinese spyware/algorithm

TikTok is actually a dangerous and terrible app and I wouldn’t mind it being banned until China cleans it up but, as usual, Trump isn’t saying he’s banning it for actual real security reasons - he’s banning it because the Zoomers use it to embarrass him and he doesn’t understand it.

Thank you. 

The thinking part of the US government was already looking to restructure how Tic-Tok does business. Big Data has some dangerous edges where nation-states play. I trust the IC on this issue. There are genuine national security concerns. 

Probably can be resolved with a US sub where we control the data. Or we can just turn it off, I suppose. 

Trump is late to the party on this one. 

The AI issue - https://analyticssteps.com/blogs/how-artificial-intelligence-ai-making-tiktok-tick

The data transfer to China issue - https://www.technologyreview.com/f/614859/tiktok-lawsuit-privacy-china-cfius-investigation-global-internet/

Someone needs to create a replacement. 

Edited by washparkhorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

more specifically, for some reason my feed is full of milf's in bikinis and yoga pants 

Tik Tok knows all your tender spots sailor . . . and mine. 

must . . . resists . . . the power of the . . .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, workswithseed said:

You don't have to lie.

 

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/america/010820/trump-says-he-will-ban-tik-tok-in-us.html

Washington: President Donald Trump said Friday he will bar fast-growing social media app TikTok from the United States as American authorities have raised concerns the service could be a tool for Chinese intelligence.

Maybe he'll look into those bounties now that he's got this under contro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You don't have to lie.
 
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/america/010820/trump-says-he-will-ban-tik-tok-in-us.html
Washington: President Donald Trump said Friday he will bar fast-growing social media app TikTok from the United States as American authorities have raised concerns the service could be a tool for Chinese intelligence.

Read that sentence again. I’ll take out the extraneous stuff that might be distracting to those with reading comprehension problems.

Trump said he is banning TikTok AS American authorities have said it’s a tool for Chinese intelligence.

The American IC has been raising concerns about TikTok for a long while.

Trump hasn’t given two shits about it till it was very publicly credited as a tool used to embarrass him.

So now he’s all about banning it and using the long term intelligence concerns as a cover for his real motivation - being a bitch ass bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, freyguy said:

So China needs AI to figure out that I like porn...right

As much as I want to make fun of Trump, let’s not pretend China stealing your info is a good thing. Yes, they know what kind of porn you like. They also might be stealing your passwords and credit card information. It copies your clipboard every 3 seconds. That is bad. 
 

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/06/25/ios-14-tiktok-clipboard-snooping/
 

Quote
 
If you have the app installed on your phone and use a password manager, that’s probably a bad idea. Rampant copying of the clipboard is no different than installing a keylogger on your smartphone or PC

As another poster said, Trump banning this because of zoomers and the app being bad spyware are not mutually exclusive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is a retard whose words are about as meaningful as a Taco Bell induced fart. Ignore the orange retard. Additionally, ignore the other politicans on either side of the aisle talking about dealing with Tiktok.

Selling part of it to a U.S. company does nothing to address the privacy issue. Our own companies can sell user data to data brokers. The idea that U.S. PII is more secure in the hands of American companies is laughable.

Congress must create meaningful data privacy laws to address this problem. Publicly complaining about Tiktok or even forcing a sell to a U.S. company will accomplish nothing.

The security concerns about Tiktok are legitimate but what about all of the other Chinese owned tech? Lenovo is owned by China and they are used everywhere. Shit, I believe Lenovo owns a majority of Fujitsu PC. League of Legends is Chinese owned. This is a real problem but until Congress actually steps in to protect the our data from both foreign and domestic companies we will continue to get screwed over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, F250 said:

Congress must create meaningful data privacy laws

animated-smileys-laughing-012.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, F250 said:

Trump is a retard whose words are about as meaningful as a Taco Bell induced fart. Ignore the orange retard. Additionally, ignore the other politicans on either side of the aisle talking about dealing with Tiktok.

Selling part of it to a U.S. company does nothing to address the privacy issue. Our own companies can sell user data to data brokers. The idea that U.S. PII is more secure in the hands of American companies is laughable.

Congress must create meaningful data privacy laws to address this problem. Publicly complaining about Tiktok or even forcing a sell to a U.S. company will accomplish nothing.

The security concerns about Tiktok are legitimate but what about all of the other Chinese owned tech? Lenovo is owned by China and they are used everywhere. Shit, I believe Lenovo owns a majority of Fujitsu PC. League of Legends is Chinese owned. This is a real problem but until Congress actually steps in to protect the our data from both foreign and domestic companies we will continue to get screwed over.

 

It's sad when Zuck is the only one will totally agree that China steals info is really sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Microsoft in talks to buy TikTok's US-operations? Sounds like ByteDance is open to "divesting" the US portion of it for good, old-fashioned business sense, once the gig is up on the spygame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

It's sad when Zuck is the only one will totally agree that China steals info is really sad.

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, freyguy said:

You can't steal personal data from the good people of the United States...that's our job!

If this doesn't win post of the day or whatever that heart signifies with the rep reboot, then we should re-examine what we are doing here hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F250 said:

What?

This. I'm saying that even in American corporate hands, the Chinese would still steal from them even if the cooperations didn't sell them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

This. I'm saying that even in American corporate hands, the Chinese would still steal from them even if the cooperations didn't sell them.

Of course the Chinese steal data from U.S. companies, it's what they do. Instagram is in the process of launching a Tiktok competitor so I question the intention of Zuckerberg's comments.

However, this isn't relevant to the discussion.

The real issue is that it is legal for tech companies both foreign and domestic to collect data on U.S. citizens. If strong privacy laws existed the apps wouldn't be allowed to collect data so there wouldn't be data to sell or steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

This. I'm saying that even in American corporate hands, the Chinese would still steal from them even if the cooperations didn't sell them.

This was fucking priceless. I get it, they want to do business in China hence the very pc answers from most. Facebook has been banned or censored continually by China, so they're very aggressive in their stance. But Google, Amazon, Microsoft all shill with the PC response, "We do not have any firsthand knowledge of China stealing technology"

...then later Google has to come back and correct its testimony (because someone at Google used their search function on China stealing technology) and they had to say oh yeah, back in 2009 or whenever, China did steal code from us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, tx 3 putt said:

it's the #1 time killer known to man and it's full of nip slips

FIFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Foosters said:

 

 

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’s a complete idiot 

Forcing people to sell and then demanding a cut is not like the mafia at all. 
I mean, not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

 

Complete shit show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, washparkhorn said:

Someone needs to create a replacement. 

I don't think we're lacking for apps that let you post stupid shit that no one gives a fuck about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't think we're lacking for apps that let you post stupid shit that no one gives a fuck about.

I give a fuck about nip slips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve flipped on this issue, burn it down 

 

and fuck anyone on tiktok or Instagram what’s calls themselves a ‘creator’ !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ve flipped on this issue, burn it down 
 
and fuck anyone on tiktok or Instagram what’s calls themselves a ‘creator’ !!!!
As a TikTok/IG Influencer, I totally agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So taking 30% of a sale price for the Government because the Government agreed not to ban it?  

I'm sorry Biden haters, how is that not precisely the definition of Socialism, exactly?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, Dnaguy said:

 

Forcing people to sell and then demanding a cut is not like the mafia at all. 
I mean, not at all.

The best synopsis of this debacle I’ve seen says “This decision about TikTok should be an agonizing attempt to balance the trade-offs between national security and economic freedom, and instead it is mafia-style grifting.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The best synopsis of this debacle I’ve seen says “This decision about TikTok should be an agonizing attempt to balance the trade-offs between national security and economic freedom, and instead it is mafia-style grifting.”

The man knows what he knows, ok?!

Can we all just cut him a break?

He just wants what’s best for Amer.....

throw up true detective GIF

I couldn’t make it.

Damn. 

Almost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cae39140-96f5-47df-887f-eafee697e6fd.png

A rough translation reads:

I had already left Google when it exited China. However, the rules for Google were very clear. 1) China is very clear about what rules and regulations foreign Internet companies operating in China need to comply with (form a joint venture company, get an ICP license, have servers in China, content, etc.) Anyone who is willing to follow these rules and regulations can apply to operate in China, which Google did. 2) When Google decided it did not want to operate according to these laws, it decided to withdraw. 3) The U.S. did not give any rules or regulations to TikTok, or provide any evidence for its complaints about TikTok. A forced acquisition in only 45 days plus intermediary fees is not comparable to Google. It is incredible.

First, this doesn’t address the Great Firewall — the reason why Apple is vulnerable is because every other U.S. Internet company has been blocked. Second, it doesn’t address the myriad of occasions where rules and regulations have changed on a whim, usually to relieve foreign companies of intellectual property. And third, it ignores the fact that Google left the country after a massive hacking operation by the Chinese government! This is gaslighting.

That noted, the fact such a statement has some resonance is not an endorsement of China’s approach, but an indictment of Trump’s. Banning TikTok is a close call in the best of circumstances; turning it into a shakedown is an abomination that hurts America most of all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...