2020 Fall Camp Thread

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

30m
Yessir. @KevWash630  coming to fruition

Who was that other longer who made beats and awesome highlight vids?  Drawing a blank here.  Think it was a JuCo OL transfer from a few years ago.    Come to think of it - the staff may have offered him a job in media.

Edited by Hmmm

5 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

Who was that other longer who made beats and awesome highlight vids?  Drawing a blank here.  Think it was a JuCo OL transfer from a few years ago.    Come to think of it - the staff may have offered him a job in media.

Ronnie ‘Buck’ Major

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

so the question is which one has a free trial 🤣 i've got plenty of spare email accounts after the PSVue trials last couple years

https://www.sling.com/channels/longhorn-network

sling has a 3 day trial , get sling orange + sports extras

I think you'll lose any games on fs1 with that plan

55 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

so the question is which one has a free trial 🤣 i've got plenty of spare email accounts after the PSVue trials last couple years

https://www.sling.com/channels/longhorn-network

sling has a 3 day trial , get sling orange + sports extras

https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/0

this is the backup site to r/cfbstreams fyi

• Hook 'Em 5

38 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

It's purely a way to get LHN for free during the trial. Not gonna keep it

I use YoutubeTV as my cable replacement and that includes FS1

Same here.  Lost LHN when PSVue shut down and I switched over to YouTubeTV.  I'll sign up for either the Sling or Vidgo 3 day trial to get the game.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

No surprise given practice reports

I'd just like to take this time to say Fuck You Todd Orlando! This kid's a stud and was a huge get for our program late in the cycle despite your best efforts to leave our LB room emptier than the aggy Hall of Champions when you left. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'd just like to take this time to say Fuck You Todd Orlando! This kid's a stud and was a huge get for our program late in the cycle despite your best efforts to leave our LB room emptier than the aggy Hall of Champions when you left. 

Big assist to the guy who pretty much landed him on his own: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremiah-george-062573171/

He now has a nice professional picture! He still has a neck as wide as his face!

27 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Has opted out due to insane athletes ahead of me that I won’t beat out 

I've been curious about this. My understanding is that nobody's eligibility is impacted this season: whether they opt-in and start in every game or they opt-out and play zero games. So I don't see how a player would benefit from strategically opting-out due to playing time concerns.

If I'm a guy that's resigned to the fact that I won't see the field this year, and I know my eligibility will be the same whether I'm sitting on the bench or sitting at home, I'd prefer to spend this year training and traveling with the team to improve my chances of getting playing time next year.

What am I missing?

Just now, touchthemonolith said:

I've been curious about this. My understanding is that nobody's eligibility is impacted this season: whether they opt-in and start in every game or they opt-out and play zero games. So I don't see how a player would benefit from strategically opting-out due to playing time concerns.

If I'm a guy that's resigned to the fact that I won't see the field this year, and I know my eligibility will be the same whether I'm sitting on the bench or sitting at home, I'd prefer to spend this year training and traveling with the team to improve my chances of getting playing time next year.

What am I missing?

Some guys actually have covid reasons to stay home - Willie Tyler's mom being a nurse and him wanting to support her is a good example

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, texifornia said:

Some guys actually have covid reasons to stay home - Willie Tyler's mom being a nurse and him wanting to support her is a good example

No, I absolutely get that. I'm specifically talking about the notion that a kid would strategically opt-out because they're buried on the depth chart, i.e. opting out "due to insane athletes ahead of me that I won’t beat out."

29 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

No, I absolutely get that. I'm specifically talking about the notion that a kid would strategically opt-out because they're buried on the depth chart, i.e. opting out "due to insane athletes ahead of me that I won’t beat out."

Just a tongue and cheek comment.  All the. Guys opting out for Covid won’t see the field or would sparingly. The top dog guaranteed first rounders are opting out due to Covid are really opting out to avoid injury during a shit season in which half the country is playing anyway  playing anyway 

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

What am I missing?

Not the point - but I don't believe RS players travel.

Anybody know what the travel number is for P5 teams?

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Just a tongue and cheek comment.  All the. Guys opting out for Covid won’t see the field or would sparingly. The top dog guaranteed first rounders are opting out due to Covid are really opting out to avoid injury during a shit season in which half the country is playing anyway  playing anyway 

Got it. The only reason I mentioned it was because Jeff Howe said something similar about someone--I can't remember who--on the Longhorn Blitz a while ago. That they were opting out 'strategically'. Didn't quite understand it.

Edited by touchthemonolith

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

Got it. The only reason I mentioned it was because Jeff Howe said something similar about someone--I can't remember who--on the Longhorn Blitz a while ago. That they were opting out 'strategically'. Didn't quite understand it.

Marquez Bimage -- free redshirt year for 2020 so he can come back in 2021 better prepared and hopefully start his Senior Yr.  Marquez is only in his 4th year at TEXAS -- he has not redshirted.  If he plays in 2020, he probably won't start or get the bulk of the reps on the DL.

Remember, the 4-man front is a new defense for Bimage this year.  It might help his NFL chances by waiting until 2021 so he can continue getting better physically developed and would probably be a 2021 starter for the DL.

Edited by LTtxfan
damn autocorrect

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

May have overlooked but are there any reports on who looked better in fall camp between Card and Jackson at QB?

If this is serious...Card was somewhat pushing Thompson for the backup spot and Jackson hasn’t really been mentioned at all. 

Yeah, even if JJ was fully healthy, he was going to need time to pick up the offense and work on his throwing, but since he came in recovering from injury, I doubt we hear or see much at all from him this year, but he may need to be ready to be the backup as soon as next year.

It’s possible that with Thompson getting an extra year, he’s more willing to stick it out at Texas in 2021 to try to win the job knowing he’ll still have two years left after. 

21 hours ago, texifornia said:

Is she staying in the dorms and going to practice? Is he living with her?

17 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Bimage opted out prior to the NCAA announcing everyone gets an extra year of eligibility even if they play this year.   At the time it could have been a strategic opt out, but after that ruling, there is really no advantage unless you are trying to avoid Covid or injury.

Or perhaps they're taking a free year of school on the states dime and plan on transferring or quitting next year. It's still weird in Bimage's case because he was in the two-deep and slated for real snaps. Sitting out a year forsaking reps, practice, and weights doesn't make sense if he plans on coming back and starting next year. I'd bet he quits or transfers. Very odd and disappointing regardless.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2