2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

That Dodgers/Rockies play is something I’ve never seen. Bellinger hits a HR but base runner Turner thought it was caught. Bellinger in his home run trot, passes a retreating Turner and is called out. Turner gets to score. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That Dodgers/Rockies play is something I’ve never seen. Bellinger hits a HR but base runner Turner thought it was caught. Bellinger in his home run trot, passes a retreating Turner and is called out. Turner gets to score. 

Fuckery right out of the gates.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think it was fun.  Don't remember much.

This place Sluggers I believe had fucking batting cages with pitching machines on the 2nd floor.  Unreal.  Heavy drinking and fastballs are a great combo. There is no chance on earth that would ever fly in California. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

This place Sluggers I believe had fucking batting cages with pitching machines on the 2nd floor.  Unreal.  Heavy drinking and fastballs are a great combo. There is no chance on earth that would ever fly in California. 

To follow that, we're all drinking at 10 am there, and my buddy (whose bro was on the Cards) comes over and says "you gotta check this out upstairs."  "What is it?  Strippers?"  "Better."  "What?  Better than strippers?"  "Better."  And given the atmosphere we were in, he was right.  Drinking beers at 10 am and swinging for the fences in a cage (and there was some gas on some of those machines) was better (and cheaper) than strippers.  And just about everyone we were with had played Little League together when we were kids, so there was some glory days action to live up to.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

To follow that, we're all drinking at 10 am there, and my buddy (whose bro was on the Cards) comes over and says "you gotta check this out upstairs."  "What is it?  Strippers?"  "Better."  "What?  Better than strippers?"  "Better."  And given the atmosphere we were in, he was right.  Drinking beers at 10 am and swinging for the fences in a cage (and there was some gas on some of those machines) was better (and cheaper) than strippers.  And just about everyone we were with had played Little League together when we were kids, so there was some glory days action to live up to.

We got to the bars about 3 hours before the game and then about 20 minutes to first pitch it starts raining.  Four hour rain delay.  Fellow Texan (I believe it was actually an aggy) was in the bar and started buying shots.  I remember very little of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fun with box scores this morning

The Rangers struck out 16 times and none of them was Joey Gallo.

Gary Sanchez and Clint Frazier combined for 4 of the Yankees' 6 hits.

The Rays didn't miss a beat after losing Snell.  Glasnow was pulled after 6 innings and 77 pitches allowing 1 hit, no walks, and no runs.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

Attendance yesterday

Colorado 20,570

Anaheim 13,207

Milwaukee 11,740

Yankee Stadium 10,850

Oakland 10,436

Wrigley 10,343

KC 9,155

San Diego 8,773

Philly 8,529

Seattle 8,174

Detroit 8,000

Miami 7,062

Cincinatti did not report, policy is 30% capacity

Love them letting the Sox be shown walking out and saying vamos cono to each other. In the Caribbean it is quite excepted, but once you leave that region the meaning changes. 

So in the Dominican Republic it would be Come On dammit. In Spain and Peru its come on pussy. Either way was funny to hear on a broadcast. 

Nice. 

Balt/Bos on MLBN now. Check out this fucking OD lineup. 
CF C. Mullins L
1B Trey Mancini R
RF A. Santander S
DH R. Mountcastle R
2B Rio Ruiz L
LF Austin Hays R
3B M. Franco R
SS F. Galvis S
C P. Severino R
And John Means takes the way too early lead in the AL Cy Young over Glasnow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Balt/Bos on MLBN now. Check out this fucking OD lineup. 

CF C. Mullins L
1B Trey Mancini R
RF A. Santander S
DH R. Mountcastle R
2B Rio Ruiz L
LF Austin Hays R
3B M. Franco R
SS F. Galvis S
C P. Severino R

looks like the kind of lineup that might only get 2 hits on opening day

Manfred is such an idiot and I'm surprised the owners let him do it. From a pure business perspective, letting the activist players split the player's union on a hill that most players won't die on would have been good for the owners heading into the CBA. In fact, if some high profile players sat out, that would have benefited the owners by tanking public approval of the players.

From a baseball fan perspective, he dunked the MLB straight into politics and committed the MLB to more politicization in the future. What Manfred does not understand is that it does not stop here. He does not understand that he has implicitly suggested that the MLB has a moral responsibility to disengage from any institution that our cultural elites label as unjust. The applause of the cultural elites will only continue so far as MLB ratifies whatever narrative they want to advance. The moment Manfred has to oppose their wishes on something that affects MLB's bottom line, it will be as if he has never done anything to gratify them. They will not care.

• Hook 'Em 2

Manfred is such an idiot and I'm surprised the owners let him do it. From a pure business perspective, letting the activist players split the player's union on a hill that most players won't die on would have been good for the owners heading into the CBA. In fact, if some high profile players sat out, that would have benefited the owners by tanking public approval of the players.
From a baseball fan perspective, he dunked the MLB straight into politics and committed the MLB to more politicization in the future. What Manfred does not understand is that it does not stop here. He does not understand that he has implicitly suggested that the MLB has a moral responsibility to disengage from any institution that our cultural elites label as unjust. The applause of the cultural elites will only continue so far as MLB ratifies whatever narrative they want to advance. The moment Manfred has to oppose their wishes on something that affects MLB's bottom line, it will be as if he has never done anything to gratify them. They will not care.
"cultural elites?"