Pelicans v Warriors

Chapo

15 hours ago, aggie08 said:

KD struggled until late, Klay was flat out awful, and Steph only played 25 minutes. And Golden State is easily going to score 120+. Just a different weight class than NO.

Was going to say this.  Klay had an awful game and NOLA had Rondo and Moore basically give twice the production they have all year and AD had a great game.  The Warrior's floor is right about the Pelican's ceiling.  Maybe just under it.  When the warriors are ready to play I don't know if any team can hang with them, even the rockets. 

Second round of the playoffs kinda sucks because the writing is on the wall in almost every series (sure we'll watch CLE/Tor but does anyone expect lebron to not own them?). The only compelling series is really the boston/philly one.  Next round it will be fun to watch Houston v. GSW but aside from that I don't know that there is much entertainment unless you are a fan of excellent offenses being executed in blowout fashion.

Edited by Jhawk

23 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Does anybody else want to slap that fucking mouth guard out of Curry's mouth?

Thats his bibby. 

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, no.

Who is better than Durant? 

Nobody even comes close in my book. Defense, length, finishing at the rim, shooting... He's the best.

6 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Thats his bibby. 

Who is better than Durant? 

Nobody even comes close in my book. Defense, length, finishing at the rim, shooting... He's the best.

I'm not going to say lebron is better but come on man.  Nobody even comes close to durant?? Durant just learned to play defense since he went to the warriors.  Lebron has been defending for 15 years.  Finishing at the rim?  You can't be serious that someone like lebron isn't at the minimum a comparable finisher.  Durant does have length and a fucking beautiful shot though.

1 minute ago, Jhawk said:

I'm not going to say lebron is better but come on man.  Nobody even comes close to durant?? Durant just learned to play defense since he went to the warriors.  Lebron has been defending for 15 years.  Finishing at the rim?  You can't be serious that someone like lebron isn't at the minimum a comparable finisher.  Durant does have length and a fucking beautiful shot though.

Durant has always played a little defense just because of his length and quickness. Now he is an elite defender, can guard 1-5 just like LeGOAT.

Who's got better handles? Durant.

Who's got a better mid-range jumper? Durant.

Who's more clutch? Durant.

Durant is the more complete player. I'll admit, Lebron does come close, but the only individual talent Lebron has over Durant is leadership. Even that is kind of suspect, because Lebron's leadership has turned him into the coach and the GM of his team. He's doing too much. Durant just puts the ball in the hole and keeps the other team from putting the ball in the hole. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

You think KD couldn’t beat the fucking Raptors?

I do, but do you think he can beat the fightin' Brad Stevenses?  Cause I know they will gameplan to stop him and make Hill, TT, Love, JR, etc beat them. 

Edited by Dutchrudder

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I do, but do you think he can beat the fightin' Brad Stevenses?  Cause I know they will gameplan to stop him and make Hill, TT, Love, JR, etc beat them. 

Without Irving, Hayward and a banged up Brown, I think they could but the problem would be coaching.... Stevens is a pretty big advantage on Lue.  The Cavs would probably look pretty different too.  KD wouldn't mind a real PG, not a converted SG or combo guard.  Regardless, could KD have reached the Finals with Irving has his 2nd in the East the last 3 years?  I'm thinking probably..... The East is fraudulent.

First off, LeBron constructed this shitty team, so if the premise is that we switch the two players then you’re looking at a better roster plus a living, breathing coach on the sideline, one who actually gets to coach his own team. Second, last time I checked Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward were still out injured. You can put your money on the Raptors, or the Bucks, or this bombed out and depleted Celtics team, but I’d still take KD + whomever against this shitty bunch of foes.

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

First off, LeBron constructed this shitty team, so if the premise is that we switch the two players then you’re looking at a better roster plus a living, breathing coach on the sideline, one who actually gets to coach his own team. Second, last time I checked Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward were still out injured. You can put your money on the Raptors, or the Bucks, or this bombed out and depleted Celtics team, but I’d still take KD + whomever against this shitty bunch of foes.

Cleveland also has the league's highest payroll

On 5/2/2018 at 3:53 PM, Jhawk said:

Holy shit I look dumb, James just put on a GOAT performance with those jumpers in the 3rd and 4th. Rename it LeBronto.

Maybe Im just a Durant homer. 

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Without Irving, Hayward and a banged up Brown, I think they could but the problem would be coaching.... Stevens is a pretty big advantage on Lue.  The Cavs would probably look pretty different too.  KD wouldn't mind a real PG, not a converted SG or combo guard.  Regardless, could KD have reached the Finals with Irving has his 2nd in the East the last 3 years?  I'm thinking probably..... The East is fraudulent.

The Cavs w/ LeBron could beat anyone in the west outside of the Warriors. If the west is so deep and so stacked, why did the Warriors not lose a single game to a western conference opponent in last year's playoffs? It took them all the way until the finals to lose one game..... to LeBron.

They lost one to the Spurs this year, but that was with Manu having a throwback game and Curry out. And they likely will not lose another.

So yeah, let's not pretend that the west isn't a one horse race.

2 hours ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Holy shit I look dumb, James just put on a GOAT performance with those jumpers in the 3rd and 4th. Rename it LeBronto.

Maybe Im just a Durant homer. 

Haha way to own it. I’m not saying lebron is the best player in the league right now. I do think him and KD are neck and neck and I believe KD was better last year and maybe this year. You originally said it wasn’t even close and that’s what I was calling out. It’s very close and if lebron ever ducking ages then KD will slide into unanimous #1 in my opinion. But right now they are neck and neck with each one putting on performances that make a case for being the best. 

My opinion is to sit back and enjoy it. In 4 years when the top 5 players in the league start to slow down the guys who will take their spots will only be about 70% of what the current top 5 are. 

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2018 at 11:05 PM, Sidney Sherman said:

the only individual talent Lebron has over Durant is leadership. Even that is kind of suspect, 

“Steph Curry is the face of the franchise, and that helps me out, because I don't have to.  I don't want to have to be the leader. I'm not a leader. I'm bad at saying, ‘Stand behind me and follow me.’"

7 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

The Cavs w/ LeBron could beat anyone in the west outside of the Warriors. If the west is so deep and so stacked, why did the Warriors not lose a single game to a western conference opponent in last year's playoffs? It took them all the way until the finals to lose one game..... to LeBron.

They lost one to the Spurs this year, but that was with Manu having a throwback game and Curry out. And they likely will not lose another.

Yeah, why didn't they lose that game to the Spurs when they were down 25 in the third?

Cause the Spurs didn't have LeBron! Duhhh!

9 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Haha way to own it. I’m not saying lebron is the best player in the league right now. I do think him and KD are neck and neck and I believe KD was better last year and maybe this year. You originally said it wasn’t even close and that’s what I was calling out. It’s very close and if lebron ever ducking ages then KD will slide into unanimous #1 in my opinion. But right now they are neck and neck with each one putting on performances that make a case for being the best. 

My opinion is to sit back and enjoy it. In 4 years when the top 5 players in the league start to slow down the guys who will take their spots will only be about 70% of what the current top 5 are. 

Yeah we live in an epic time for great basketball talent. Just being able to watch the whole Lebron era has been awesome. He will probably go down as the greatest of all time just because he was able to play at such a high level and carry teams with crazy minutes, all while staying healthy. 

Dude must train well and is built like a machine.

Durant is built freakishly long and skinney, but his handles and quickness for a 6'10" guy are insane. Either of these guys starting to work the high and low post more would be unstoppable. Lebron is somehow doing it while playing point guard too, he had like all of his points unassisted the other night.. Durant has the luxury of a team system that gets him spot up shots and the ball in rythem. 

On 5/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, Sidney Sherman said:

Durant has always played a little defense just because of his length and quickness. Now he is an elite defender, can guard 1-5 just like LeGOAT.

Who's got better handles? Durant.

Who's got a better mid-range jumper? Durant.

Who's more clutch? Durant.

Durant is the more complete player. I'll admit, Lebron does come close, but the only individual talent Lebron has over Durant is leadership. Even that is kind of suspect, because Lebron's leadership has turned him into the coach and the GM of his team. He's doing too much. Durant just puts the ball in the hole and keeps the other team from putting the ball in the hole. 

Whoa bro, let's pull the reigns just a little. We all love Durant(except Vic). However, let's not forget OKC Durant. That's closer to the real Durant. What do you think Lebron would look like on this Warriors squad? 60% shooting? You couldn't come off of anyone to stop him from getting to the rim. Everyone's game is going to be a little inflated playing on this squad.

13 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Whoa bro, let's pull the reigns just a little. We all love Durant(except Vic). However, let's not forget OKC Durant. That's closer to the real Durant. What do you think Lebron would look like on this Warriors squad? 60% shooting? You couldn't come off of anyone to stop him from getting to the rim. Everyone's game is going to be a little inflated playing on this squad.

That is young Durant sleeping on the court because Worstbrook is a ball hog and the team wasn't coachable. 

Sure, Lebron would be great on the Warriors, but his style doesn't match up at all with how they play so I'm not sure how it would actually work. They play a lot of motion and ball movement, Lebron coached offense plays a lot of watching Lebron do his thing and getting open if he needs to kick it out. Lue doesn't coach the Cavs, Lebron does. This is what happens everywhere he goes.

If you want to ignore Durant's play for Golden State because he's on a good team then I would still point to where he actually had the ball late with OKC, he was absolutely deadly, and that was creating his own shots. He also wasn't clunking late game free throws off the front of the rim.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2022521-kevin-durants-top-10-clutch-shots#slide0

Anyway, after watching Lebron the other night completely wreck the Raptors I agree Durant and Lebron are about on the same level. Their styles are different, but each is co-MVP of the league. Harden will probably win it, and I'm a Houston fan so that's ok. The MVP is kind of meaningless after they gave it to Russ for his valuable triple doubles that got him one playoff win and ignore Lebron year after year.

Edited by Sidney Sherman

11 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You think the Cavs could beat Houston this year?  Spurs with Kawhi last year?  The Thunder 2 years ago?  I doubt it..... maybe the Thunder.

And let's remember the one time the Cavs won the series, they were fortunate enough to have Steph injured in the playoffs and had Draymond suspended in a close out game.  A lot of good fortune shined upon them that year...... along with KI going nuts.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

6 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Fuck the worriers and all of their bitch ass bandwagon fans 

I've actually never met a "GS fan".  I was a Seattle fan but started following GS because KT (Undergrad) and (KD grad) makes it easy for me to follow one team.  

1 hour ago, SDG said:

I've actually never met a "GS fan".  I was a Seattle fan but started following GS because KT (Undergrad) and (KD grad) makes it easy for me to follow one team.  

Fuck having a serious allegiance for any pro sports team. I laugh at people who blindly support--financially and emotionally--a bad product because they happen to live in or near that city. Why do that to yourself?

The only pro city that I had any real attachment to (not coincidentally the only pro city that I've ever lived near) lost Junior, Randy Johnson, and A-Rod for absolutely nothing; then, they shipped off their beloved basketball team to Oklahoma fucking City. 

You have a choice. I choose to watch and root for my favorite player(s) and whomever I think plays that particular sport in the most aesthetically pleasing way. That usually doesn't coincide with winning. I've been a Nash-era Mavs fan and a Bibby and Peja Kings fan. I latched onto Steph and the Warriors long before anyone could have foreseen this level of play, and just got lucky.

On 5/2/2018 at 3:06 PM, Jhawk said:

Was going to say this.  Klay had an awful game and NOLA had Rondo and Moore basically give twice the production they have all year and AD had a great game.  The Warrior's floor is right about the Pelican's ceiling.  Maybe just under it.  When the warriors are ready to play I don't know if any team can hang with them, even the rockets. 

Second round of the playoffs kinda sucks because the writing is on the wall in almost every series (sure we'll watch CLE/Tor but does anyone expect lebron to not own them?). The only compelling series is really the boston/philly one.  Next round it will be fun to watch Houston v. GSW but aside from that I don't know that there is much entertainment unless you are a fan of excellent offenses being executed in blowout fashion.

If New Orleans can push the Warriors to a game 6 or 7, it still helps Houston before meeting in the WCF, as Curry will have spent up valuable energy in trying to push his team...