Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, they allegedly have a bagman that covers them for one of the recruiting networks, Rivals, I think. They allegedly funnel money through a church and pay handlers/family/whatever when they're dealing with a player that needs to get paid. 

Newspring Church, right? I've always thought it was weird that they had so much success recruiting Florida even before they started to take off and revamp their facilities. Then again, I'm glad they did because it pissed off Urban and Jimbo.

58 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Newspring Church, right? I've always thought it was weird that they had so much success recruiting Florida even before they started to take off and revamp their facilities. Then again, I'm glad they did because it pissed off Urban and Jimbo.

No clue, honestly. I pass stuff on that I hear, but to be candid, I stopped caring once the NCAA sanctioned the $180,000 or whatever that was paid to Cam Newton's fucking dad. The cheating is rampant and it's so filthy in the southeast that I don't even want to know what those fucking troglodytic rednecks are institutionalizing and rationalizing. And fuck the slugs at ATM for opening the state of Texas up to that shit again. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

At the end of Looch’s radio show today he basically said He doesn’t know what’s gonna happen with Javonne. Said Herman and the Texas players made him say Fuck A&M the other day. Lulz

Yeah he was leaning aggy but is so obedient to the Texas team he scorns that he publicly dissed aggy. Or something like that. Or maybe we bought him a year after he committed. I forget.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No clue, honestly. I pass stuff on that I hear, but to be candid, I stopped caring once the NCAA sanctioned the $180,000 or whatever that was paid to Cam Newton's fucking dad. The cheating is rampant and it's so filthy in the southeast that I don't even want to know what those fucking troglodytic rednecks are institutionalizing and rationalizing. And fuck the slugs at ATM for opening the state of Texas up to that shit again. 

Yeah aggy got tired of being the "nice guy" under Sherman and decided to go all in. Also, and this isn't a lecture directed at you but just this board in general, aggy will never get in hot water with the ncaa because of the deep connections they now have. Their AD, Scott Woodward, worked under Mark Emmert (NCAA president) for more than a decade at LSU and UW, iirc. Of course Jimbo is tight with Emmert as well, which doesn't hurt. They're going to win shady recruitments every cycle; it'll be the new normal.

Edited by George Clooney

8 minutes ago, texaslong said:

At the end of Looch’s radio show today he basically said He doesn’t know what’s gonna happen with Javonne. Said Herman and the Texas players made him say Fuck A&M the other day. Lulz

Did he mention that it was their fans talking shit to Shepherd that started it? No? Didn't think so. Big Bad Herman paid Shepherd and made him say that. 

Fucking moron. 

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Did anything ever happen with Peveto giving that racist linebacker hundred dollar handshakes?  Or  was it decided that it was ok because he’s a racist?

No, Sumlin gave him the boot and he's at a JUCO now.

Edited by Machinator

21 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Did he mention that it was their fans talking shit to Shepherd that started it? No? Didn't think so. Big Bad Herman paid Shepherd and made him say that. 

Fucking moron. 

He also made mention that recruits are turned off by Herman. That Herman rubs people the wrong way. Then turns around and says aggys need to stop with the defeatist attitudes. That aggys always say Looch rubs his own people the wrong way. It’s as if he didn’t see the correlation.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I doubt I'll ever be fully interested enough to find the time to post some of the data I've been tinkering with, but I have some thoughts about the premise you reference. Everyone of course knows that rankings matter and so on and so forth. Rankings can also get inflated, and they can trend pretty strongly at times towards groupthink inflation at the analyst level. A good example of this occurs when a school riding high starts going after a player and his ranking begins to climb without any other new data points. This happened with Texas in the 2000's, Notre Dame before then, and you could argue it's happening now with the SEC in general. 

Rather than leave it at that, I played around with something like the last 4 classes, and rankings for players within each state, and then compared the top 100 national players distributed by state versus overall share of national population. ie., if state x produces 10% of the top 100 players but contributes only 5% of the national population, that state either overindexes legitimately in producing CFB talent, or they're being overrated in the rankings. A quick and dirty continuation of this can be done by then looking at NFL distribution of players by state. Did the same percentage of overindexing occur for each state? Did it swing the other way? What happened? 

Texas, California and Florida all pretty much overindex with football talent produced against their population by more or less consistent percentages at the CFB and NFL levels. Two states stick way the fuck out, however, and in opposite directions. The state of Ohio is consistently underrated by the services vs how many players from OH actually wind up in the NFL. In the 10 states I looked at, which were the SEC states (minus KY, MO and AR), Texas, Cali, and Ohio, the difference wasn't even close. In the opposite direction is Georgia. That state appears to be consistently overrated when comparing recruiting rankings to players in the NFL. And I mean, it's dramatic. So which trough is a healthy chunk of the SEC feeding off of the most outside of FL and TX? Georgia. It's overrated and pumping the rankings for multiple SEC schools in the process. 

I'm traveling and don't have the numbers in front of me, so you can choose to take my word for it, dig in yourself, ignore it, or doubt it. But I figured I'd pass it on in case someone wanted to sniff around further, since I'd sort of sated my interest on it and got busy with other shit.

Completely believable. The rankings are a trailing trend. I looked at 5-star rankings a few years ago when someone noted that Texas didn't seem to have as many of them anymore. Texas and California regularly had between a quarter and a third of all 5-stars during the 2000s. (I think I only looked at Rivals as they were the only service that went back that far.) Then by 2011 with Mack failing and Carroll back in the NFL, the number of 5-stars suddenly dropped and now the two states usually don't even hit 20% of the 5-stars. It was almost like magic how the two most populous states stopped producing as many top HS football players and the Deep South magically rose up to fill the gap. I had intended to look down through their Top 250 as the sample size for 5-stars is too small.

Yeah aggy got tired of being the "nice guy" under Sherman and decided to go all in. Also, and this isn't a lecture directed at you but just this board in general, aggy will never get in hot water with the ncaa because of the deep connections they now have. Their AD, Scott Woodward, worked under Mark Emmert (NCAA president) for more than a decade at LSU and UW, iirc. Of course Jimbo is tight with Emmert as well, which doesn't hurt. They're going to win shady recruitments every cycle; it'll be the new normal.
We shall see if you are right looch.

Billy Sol Estes had connections too.

The NCAA is likely investigating A&M people need to stop with the wild conspiracy theories and cynical rants that undermine the only judge left to police cheating.

Arguments for:

A) Marchiol left a turd bomb, and now that he is no longer looking for a waiver since he is in FCS land his testimony looks more valid.

B) Investigations take time and are done outside the public eye.

Arguments against:

A) They are spending all their resources investigating the basketball scandal

B) A&M might actually stop cheating so no new evidence is found

C) They lose the stomach to do anything after the Missouri fuckup.

In the end, it will be the evidence or lack of thereof that might save A&M, not mentorship or friendship. The NCAA is on life support and trying to justify their fat paychecks.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, is everyone here ready for the "SEC finishing with 4 of the top 5 classes in the country" and "SEC West is 3 of the top 5 classes in the country" shit we're going to end up hearing for the next 9 months coming out of College Station? I mean, we know that narrative has to switch from top 1-2 class, and this is the obvious (read: guaranteed) pivot. 

I would love to hear that narrative all season because they would have to admit that texas is the other team in that group.

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I would love to hear that narrative all season because they would have to admit that texas is the other team in that group.

Also anything that builds the hype for SECSEC going into the LSU game is a big plus for the Longhorns.  Both from the standpoint of LSU reading their own press clippings as well as giving Herman plenty of ammo to play the Disrespect card.  Plus more and better pub when the Horns win.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TexasMan said:

From 9:00 to 23:00, Looch goes on a great rant about 'the shusher, the goose neck, and the bathwater boys', how "Tom Herman rubs some recruits the wrong way, and I'm not talking about at a massage parlor" (he was really proud of himself for this one), Lay's into texags posters for caring about Texas so much (!!!!!!!), and even admits that the memes that have been made about him, like the dick sucking one on the sideline and the Iraq info minister, he really likes and it doesn't phase him. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0111737-audu.mp3

Oh yeah...doesn't phase him at all he just calls us scum and lashes out like a lunatic. Totally normal unphased behavior.

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like they are going to take Ainias Smith to close out.

Are they going to let Mowry sign? I still can’t tell if they were holding him back because of Shepherd or because of his actual grades. If his grades are actually bad, then I’m curious if they let him sign. 

18 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are they going to let Mowry sign? I still can’t tell if they were holding him back because of Shepherd or because of his actual grades. If his grades are actually bad, then I’m curious if they let him sign. 

I think Mowry can sign and I saw on the aggy board mention of Ellison grey shirting?  Who knows with him.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 1

Oh yeah...doesn't phase him at all he just calls us scum and lashes out like a lunatic. Totally normal unphased behavior.
FAZE You ignorant twatwaffle not phase.

faze/ phase. To faze is to disturb, bother, or embarrass, but a phase is a stage or step. It could faze your family if your princess phase lasts well into your college years.

https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/faze-phase/

Idoit.

b9b1f7c95fc64330f43bb6bddd44f1ef.gif

23 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

FAZE You ignorant twatwaffle not phase.

faze/ phase. To faze is to disturb, bother, or embarrass, but a phase is a stage or step. It could faze your family if your princess phase lasts well into your college years.

https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/faze-phase/

Idoit.

b9b1f7c95fc64330f43bb6bddd44f1ef.gif

Set fazers to kill!

• Like 2

I didn't check back too far but didn't see anything about Ellison, so here's the update from Hamm Lite 

He won't be signing tomorrow but also won't be signing JUCO. His plan is to grayshirt and get his scores up. If he's able to do that, it gives A&M a strong start to its 2020 DL class.

14 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I don’t think the difference between the #3, #4, or #5 class is that big of a deal. They’re all championship level classes. But I do think it’s hilarious that we’ll finish a few points ahead of them and I will laugh in their faces. 

With the degree of inaccuracy in rating recruits, any level of precision beyond rough approximation is an illusion.  The fact that aggy is was hanging their hat on something that tenuous is pretty funny.

• Like 1

I didn't check back too far but didn't see anything about Ellison, so here's the update from Hamm Lite 
He won't be signing tomorrow but also won't be signing JUCO. His plan is to grayshirt and get his scores up. If he's able to do that, it gives A&M a strong start to its 2020 DL class.

So IOW he is never going to qualify.
  • Like 1