Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

@Hank_Hill You asked what other p5 programs have this turnover. It’s pretty common for big time college football programs to burn through coaches until they find the guy they want. Norte Dame can go on this list recently as well.

Also I’m not saying we should fire him right now. That’s illogical. We never should have hired someone who’s never proven anything as a head coach other than mediocrity. Now we are stuck for 3-4 years with what is, IMO, a mediocre coach. And he’s been awful so far this season.

Edited by hobbes2702

14 minutes ago, Xian said:

We had one yard in the fourth quarter…

with an amazing running back.  How do you explain that? 

Crap Offensive Line and horrible QB play. That’s how anyone who knows shit about football would see. It’s definitely not a scheme or play calling problem 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

You asked what other p5 programs have this turnover. It’s pretty common for big time college football programs to burn through coaches until they find the guy they want. Norte Dame can go on this list recently as well.

brian kelly is in his 12th season at notre dame and went 8-5 his first two seasons.

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lol, dan mullen is in year 4 at florida and has the same record through 7 games this season as sark does.

Which isn’t the point of my post. My point is that burning through coaches is common at p5 schools and acting like that’s why Sark isn’t successful is an excuse. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Which isn’t the point of my post. My point is that burning through coaches is common at p5 schools and acting like that’s why Sark isn’t successful is an excuse. 

Welll this was never stated. Also Sarks performance hasn’t been horrendous like you state. Offensive scheme is light years ahead of what it has been previously. The Oline has been dog shit, Sark hired a guy that was viewed as a very good Oline coach. Defensive scheme has failed, Sark hired a guy that was viewed as a very solid coordinator. Not sure what else you should expect him to do. He needs to get elite talent, which is another discussion.

Edited by Hank_Hill

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Welll this was never stated. [b]Also Sarks performance hasn’t been horrendous like you state. [/b]Offensive scheme is light years ahead of what it has been previously. The Oline has been dog shit, Satk hired a guy that was viewed as a very good Oline coach. Defensive scheme has failed, Sark hired a guy that was viewed as a very solid coordinator. Not sure what else you should expect him to do. He needs to get elite talent, which is another discussion.

Just stop man. We are 4-3. We got blown out by an Arkansas team that couldn’t score once against UGA. We gave up a 21 point lead to OUs backup true freshman Qb. We gained 1 4th quarter yard against OkSt after blowing another lead. What about that is anything other than horrendous 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just stop man. We are 4-3. We got blown out by an Arkansas team that couldn’t score once against UGA. We gave up a 21 point lead to OUs backup true freshman Qb. We gained 1 4th quarter yard against OkSt after blowing another lead. What about that is anything other than horrendous 

Name the players on O and D that would start for that OSU team we just lost to.  I got Bijan and nobody else.  Am I wrong?  If so how many would be better than what OSU just started against us?

Yea, the defense and the Oline are largely responsible for all of that. Not sure I’ve seen any egregious decisions out of Sark that have changed the outcomes of those games like under previous regimes. Now, if he fails to make appropriate changes/work the portal efficiently over the off-season  then I’ll be on board the Sark sucks train.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Name the players on O and D that would start for that OSU team we just lost to.  I got Bijan and nobody else.  Am I wrong?  If so how many would be better than what OSU just started against us?

I don’t know their roster well enough. I do know we have enough talent to gain more than 1 fucking yard.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, the defense and the Oline are largely responsible for all of that. Not sure I’ve seen any egregious decisions out of Sark that have changed the outcomes of those games like under previous regimes. Now, if he fails to make appropriate changes/work the portal efficiently over the off-season  then I’ll be on board the Sark sucks train.

Yea back to back weeks of second half collapses has nothing to do with the coach or guy calling the plays.

34 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah, Sark may be the guy, may not be. I honestly don't know. Figure by the end of next year we will know for sure. I'm not calling for his head. But the program itself certainly needs work.

we're trying different combos at oline every possession, all we're going to learn this year is our oline sucks beyond comprehension.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t know their roster well enough. I do know we have enough talent to gain more than 1 fucking yard.

Apparently not.  The line gets blown up every fucking play.  Run or pass.  They miss blocks, end up blocking air or get pushed around like a rag doll.  

56 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Fraud? No. It's not Sark. Even if he went 6-6, it's not like his past HC gigs pointed to anything else. If he's better than that, great. 

This program is a fraud. The fake turf, Longhorn Network, put on a carnival outside the stadium instead of focusing on a winning football program, Jetpack guy, 6% blended increase, Salt-n-Pepa playing before the game, bullshit. Let's expand our stadium with a big Longhorn in the endzone seating that looks tacky and never has anybody sit there instead of building a program that wins on the field.

This team is such a parallel with the city of Austin itself. It used to be cool, have culture, and do good things. Now we're a bachelorette party with the girls wearing boots and cowboy hats and talking about how they are so Texas.

Damn bro.  

On paper, Steve Sarkisian's entire head coaching career has been less than mediocre.  His brief stint here has also been exactly that.  Maybe it was easier to move the ball with Derrick Henry in your backfield and several other guys currently starting in the NFL.  Maybe.  Lots of maybies, baby.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

dark times in these parts.

I’ll bite.  He’s not a fraud as many have said.  He probably is a good coach, not great.  That means he will need time.  If Chiz and Oger can win a championship so can Sark.  

But he will mix in several average to above average years.  Is that bad?  After the last 2 dumbfucks I think he should be given time.

And despite where I graduated, I really have zero to gain by you guys being this shitty.  There was one OSU troll who came today to post BS in the game thread.  That’s one more than OU had come here last week.  We want to beat the shit out of Texas, not whatever the fuck is out there these days.  It sucks.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Drinking
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

He never promised national championships, claimed to be in Mensa or any of that shit. I still think he's one of the better playcallers in CFB, unproven as an elite HC. He has minimum 4 years here, like it or not. Lets see what happens if he can assemble a better supporting cast for Bijan and X...and find some players that can tackle.

Lets be honest, every year there are teams with an elite player or two, yet can't win anything substantial because the other 18-20 players arent anywhere near the same level. I think we have some talent on both sides of the ball beyond the obvious stars, but it's obvious this wont be their breakout year. For a recent example, outside of a great play here and there, Ossai was mostly a non factor until 2020..his last year on the 40.

• Like 1

Cool. 3 in the second half until the final drive. It’s almost like one team made adjustments and the other didn’t. 

How does one coach around an Oline that is ineffective in both phases of offense when they get gassed in the second half?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

How does one coach around an Oline that is ineffective in both phases of offense when they get gassed in the second half?

How many passes did Bijan catch in the 2nd half? How many screens did we run? And why are they gassed in the 2md half? Players being out of shape is a coaching problem.

Maybe, maybe not but he will get 3-4 years like the rest of them.

The O-line is putrid, you can only scheme around it so much.  Those are games where you get up 17-3 and you put your O-line to work road grading on the run and giving QBs time to pick things apart on the pass.  Our line is just not capable of that and eventually scheme is just that....scheme that can't be executed because the core of the football team fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How many passes did Bijan catch in the 2nd half? How many screens did we run? And why are they gassed in the 2md half? Players being out of shape is a coaching problem.

These plays still require, like, SOME blocking. Again, agreed. If we don’t see an S&C change and a portal infusion on the line I’ll be concerned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

These plays still require, like, SOME blocking. Again, agreed. If we don’t see an S&C change and a portal infusion on the line I’ll be concerned.

All joking aside. And not to dump on you, but only then you will be concerned?  The one yard in the fourth quarter wasn’t concerning? 

a loss is a loss. Shit happens. One yard in the fourth quarter meltdown shouldn’t happen 

Edited by Xian
  • Hook 'Em 1

M sure you’re dumbass was crying about how this was Greg Davis fault. Stop posting 

1 minute ago, Xian said:

All joking aside. And not to dump on you, but only then you will be concerned?  The one yard I’d the forth quarter wasn’t concerning? 

a loss is a loss. Shit happens. One yard in the fourth quarter meltdown shouldn’t happen 

You are a fucking idiot 

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Cool. 48 points.

For two consecutive games there has been a consistent trend and predictable outcome with the offense not carrying their load with TOP in the second half.  This defense is certainly bad, but losing the TOP battle in the second half isn't going to help them.  Sark was completely unable to adjust to OU shoring up their response to the running game in the second half.  He was just as bad at it this week.  We didn't see the endzone against OU until the last two minutes.  We can point to all the variables we want, but Sark has been absolutely dismal offensively for TWO consecutive second halves in a row.  Bad defense is a thing here.  A tired, bad defense has also been a thing.     

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, US183 said:

Texas has been pussified for the last 6 years. When I see SARK’s face on the sidelines I see disbelief as to how we could be this shitty with all the talent we have. I can’t put all the blame on SARK, it takes time, YEARS to fix a totally fucked up program. 

You’re overestimating the talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Who the fuck is voting no?

I did, because he's not a "fraud".

I'm not even sure what that would mean in this context. I don't think he's lying about anything or intentionally bombing. He's just not good enough of a coach to come in Year 1 and turn around a decade-neglected ship while facing a Top-5-difficulty schedule.

Hell, he might even suck outright. Incomplete data.

• Hook 'Em 4

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?