Things Not Going Well for Alec Baldwin

ousuxndallas

Wait, why was the FBI involved?
Hey, if you are an FBI Supervisor you can choose to visit the FBI field office in Muncie, Indiana, to investigate the interstate meth lab murder, or go to LA with winter approaching and investigate the guy who was supposed to have been given a gun with blanks on a movie set. 
IMG_1804.jpeg.2cf229a3daa8644c992673588c64c487.jpeg
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think local authorities seek forensic help from the FBI on a regular basis. The yokel in this town evidently couldn't find the resources to hire the new guy until the FBI didn't give them what they want.

Why the yokels want it is a mystery to me. Maybe a reporter should investigate. Or the FBI as they, I think, can come in to investigate police and prosecution matters.

Curious that the calls to defund the FBI have been quieted lately when it comes to the Baldwin situation.  Suddenly we need more robust investigations with all the resources at the ready. 

I kid, I kid.  I could give a shit about this.  Tragic, unnecessary loss of life.    

• 3 months later...

Indicted again: https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/19/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting/index.html

Actor Alec Baldwin has been indicted by a New Mexico grand jury on charges connected to the 2021 fatal shooting on the set of the movie “Rust,” new court documents show.

Baldwin is charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter.

The first involuntary manslaughter charge against Baldwin is described in court documents as “negligent use of a firearm” and the second as involuntary manslaughter without due caution or circumspection, which is detailed as “an act committed with the total disregard or indifference to the safety of others.”

Both are fourth degree felonies.

“We look forward to our day in court,” Baldwin’s attorneys Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro told CNN in a statement on Friday.

Baldwin’s attorney has previously insisted his client is not guilty.

Involuntary manslaughter charges were dropped against Baldwin last year, with prosecutors saying in a statement at the time that they could not “proceed under the current time constraints and on the facts and evidence turned over by law enforcement in its existing form” due to “new facts” in the case.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed and director Joel Souza injured when a gun held by Baldwin fired a live round during a scene rehearsal on the set of the Western.

Baldwin denied pulling the trigger on the weapon in a previous interview with CNN.

The initial decision to drop the involuntary manslaughter charge against Baldwin in April of last year came after authorities learned the gun used in the shooting may have been modified, a law enforcement source told CNN. However, prosecutors said the case could be re-filed at a later date.

In October, prosecutors said “additional facts have come to light that we believe show Mr. Baldwin has criminal culpability in the death of Halyna Hutchins” and signaled a grand jury would decide on recharging the actor.

Armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed also faces involuntary manslaughter charges in the case. She has pleaded not guilty and is slated for trial in February.

The film’s assistant director, David Halls, was identified as the person who handed the firearm to Baldwin that fateful day. In 2023, he signed a plea agreement “for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon,” prosecutors said, noting that terms of the deal include six months of probation.

Attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing Hutchins’ family in a civil lawsuit against Baldwin, responded to Friday’s development in a statement to CNN.

“They continue to seek the truth in our civil lawsuit for them and they also would like there to be accountability in the criminal justice system,” Allred said. “We are looking forward to the criminal trial which will determine if he should be convicted for the untimely death of Halyna.”

Matt Hutchins, cinematographer Halyna Hutchins’ widower, declined to comment when reached via phone by CNN.

Two charges are levied against Baldwin in the indictment, but he could ultimately only be convicted of one.

Should he be convicted, Baldwin could face up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

So when do we find out what the new evidence against Baldwin is?

Expert analysis of the gun. Before, it was thought possible that it fired with just the hammer being pulled back, without the trigger being pulled. After different analysis, the expert looked that it couldn’t have fired without the trigger being pulled, which means Baldwin had to pull it.

Note: that’s just the prosecution’s expert. Would be unsurprised if Baldwin gets one to opine the opposite, which would very likely be enough to establish reasonable doubt. A very light plea deal is the only thing that makes sense here, from what I can read.

On 1/19/2024 at 7:51 PM, Brisketexan said:

Expert analysis of the gun. Before, it was thought possible that it fired with just the hammer being pulled back, without the trigger being pulled. After different analysis, the expert looked that it couldn’t have fired without the trigger being pulled, which means Baldwin had to pull it.

Note: that’s just the prosecution’s expert. Would be unsurprised if Baldwin gets one to opine the opposite, which would very likely be enough to establish reasonable doubt. A very light plea deal is the only thing that makes sense here, from what I can read.

Yeah I found the description. I mean let's see how it's explained. This is the story as I understand it: They tested the gun and it eventually fired without pulling the trigger but the inspectors said that was because of damage caused to the gun from previous tests. That should have ended this whole thing right there. Then some other experts put this broken gun back together and have concluded there is no way it could have fired. I'm a bit skeptical in how confident you could possibly be in that conclusion given it came from analyzing a broken gun that did fire in previous testing without pulling the trigger however I guess let's hear the details in the trial. It still seems like complete bullshit. 

The new gun analysis from experts in ballistics and forensic testing based in Arizona and New Mexico relied on replacement parts to reassemble the gun fired by Baldwin — after parts of the pistol were broken during earlier testing by the FBI. The new report examines the gun and markings it left on a spent cartridge to conclude that the trigger had to have been pulled or depressed.

Edited by Pasken

On 1/19/2024 at 7:56 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, a light plea deal or no charges makes sense, although the common narrative about how he didn't do anything wrong contradicts everything I've seen from actual Hollywood arnorers about gun safety on set from before or shortly after the incident. 

I don't know if he should worry about being convicted, but he should definitely be worried about facing Gloria Allread in the Hutchin's family civil suit. Guess his little PR campaign to finish the movie and pay off the Hutchin's family didn't go so well. 

• 3 months later...
Just now, RomaVicta said:

Let me guess, you think he should be arrested for attempted murder in the first degree.

read the thread.

No, I don't.  As I have stated above I feel incredibly sorry for Alec's situation.  Nobody deserves to be harangued like he is in this video, I was surprised he was holding it together because he has generally demonstrated he has a temper.  Ending didn't shock me, but surprised me a bit.

I think Alec is generally an asshole and I don't agree with his politics.  He is a very good actor and I have liked a lot of his performances.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

read the thread.

No, I don't.  As I have stated above I feel incredibly sorry for Alec's situation.  Nobody deserves to be harangued like he is in this video, I was surprised he was holding it together because he has generally demonstrated he has a temper.  Ending didn't shock me, but surprised me a bit.

I think Alec is generally an asshole and I don't agree with his politics.  He is a very good actor and I have liked a lot of his performances.

Being this reasonable is pretty frowned upon, you'll find. Dance like the monkey @RomaVicta wants and needs you to be, please.

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

watch or fast forward to the end.   

The crappy thing (in my opinion) is that some will argue knocking someone's phone out their hand while they are recording and harrassing you is battery or otherwise be sued for property damage. 

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

read the thread.

Apologies for not knowing your position better. I agree.

It's difficult to know what that final second means. Did Baldwin just brush aside the phone or physically slap the asshole persecuting him?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Did Baldwin just brush aside the phone or physically slap the asshole persecuting him?

I would guess if there was a big physical interaction it would be getting massive coverage(maybe thats coming).

If I was on a jury that was hearing a case about AB and this situation, had he made that person eat the phone, I would vote to acquit.  

Edited by Incredulity
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so everyone else is demonstrating the lunacy on the right, then?

in the clip above?

If so, no there was a fairly vigorous, not outlandish, debate between pro-palestine/pro-israel with a good bit of both sides and everything is fucked mixed in. (after the CB segment)

CB is either purely click motivated, literally insane, or doing a world class parody.   

Edited by Incredulity

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

in the clip above?

If so, no there was a fairly vigorous, not outlandish, debate between pro-palestine/pro-israel with a good bit of both sides and everything is fucked mixed in. (after the CB segment)

CB is either purely click motivated, literally insane, or doing a world class parody.   

it's one of the first two. the third one doesn't exist