Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

How excited should I get about a freshman Preston Stone joining a rs freshman Card, rs sophomore Johnson, and rs juniors thompson/rising in competition for 2021 starting qb?

Well, very excited if he jumps on board (I can't remember a QB with this much hype since Kyler), but there's sooooo long to go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Well, very excited if he jumps on board (I can't remember a QB with this much hype since Kyler), but there's sooooo long to go.

This, unfortunately. There's just so much that can happen between now and 2021. I'm not saying Stone isn't or won't be incredible, but I seem to recall that there was a time when Sherrod Harris was considered one of the best prospects in the country. I guess I could be remembering that wrong or maybe there were different circumstances that led to Harris being evaluated that highly. Or maybe the $9.95 crew just scouts sophomores a lot better than they did back in 2003 when Harris first got noticed.

Hopefully Stone: 1) continues his upward trajectory; and 2) keeps us as his leader.

IT

JoJo Earle, Aledo (Aledo, TX) - 2021: If Texas offering a 5-foot-9, 170 sophomore doesn't catch your attention his film will. I knew he was good when I saw the offer go out but I didn't think he'd be that good. I said to myself this kid is more Jaylen Waddle than Ryan Newsome, which is funny given what DFW wide receiver trainer Margin Hooks told me unsolicited on Sunday that Earle was similar to the Alabama star. Earle appears to be the prototype slot for the Texas offense. Good news, there's also a solid Texas tie: His father was Byron Vaughns' Little League football coach. Mutha Hustla will be on the case. It's nice seeing Texas aggressive with a kid with a limited recruiting profile but who is such an obvious baller.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I certainly have never heard of it.  He's a sophomore in high school and he's got great freestyle form. 

Might be hard for him to keep weight on if he does both going forward.  Although Nathan Adrian is fucking monster.

[/csb] A good buddy of mine swam with him at NW and I’ve met him a few times [/csb]

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Might be hard for him to keep weight on if he does both going forward.  Although Nathan Adrian is fucking monster.

[/csb] A good buddy of mine swam with him at NW and I’ve met him a few times [/csb]

They're also just completely different muscle groups. Kid can out-athlete everyone at that level but at a certain point he's going to have to choose.

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

All I can say is that is a slow ass heat.

Can confirm. Looked like about a 27, hard to believe that won a heat at a high school level. The kids normally winning in high school are normally swimming low 20's. That swim is like running a 5.7 40 yard dash when the top kids are running 4.3.

1 hour ago, derp said:

Can confirm. Looked like about a 27, hard to believe that won a heat at a high school level. The kids normally winning in high school are normally swimming low 20's. That swim is like running a 5.7 40 yard dash when the top kids are running 4.3.

So, he swims fast enough to start over O’neal for aggy?

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Know it's real early but EJ put in Texas picks for Jo Jo Earle and Tunmise Adeleye.

@Harvdog you hearing anything with Tunmise?

He tells my son that Texas is his dream school.  He loved his visit and everything going on in Austin.  Contrary to popular belief, Giles is a good recruiter and he loved TH.  I think he ends up in Austin.  He is enjoying the process and being recruited, but I think he makes his decision before his senior year and he sticks with it.  The winning and culture TH has created in Austin is making a huge difference. 

• Like 3