Words and phrases that bug the living shit out of you

Goo Punch

8 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

The incorrect obscenely over used "literally".

"It literally blew my mind"

Was your brain somehow exposed to wind? Or..  are you a full cybernetic built upon a human frame after you mind was blown?

"I literally flew to the store"

Did you sprout wings? Take your own personal helicopter to a store? Where did you land? Do you have a Jetsons car?

Bothers me too. Even worse is "literally" now means literally and figuratively

Nonplussed - there's nothing wrong with the word itself, but since it's become an antonym of itself, I don't know what anyone means when they use it anymore.

Price point - I get that there's a narrow use where it's different than price, but 99.9% of the time there's no difference.

Do life with - This one shows up in certain Christian circles and is maddening.

2 hours ago, Austinvines said:

“Step foot” is the closet to, if not the most ridiculous phrase anyone can type/write.

You don’t step with anything besides your feet so you are either totally ignorant or just trying to be wordy, which makes you totally ignorant. No one would say “clap hand” and dolts who “step foot” are simpletons.

What about people walking on their hands?

2 hours ago, Austinvines said:

“Step foot” is the closet to, if not the most ridiculous phrase anyone can type/write.

You don’t step with anything besides your feet so you are either totally ignorant or just trying to be wordy, which makes you totally ignorant. No one would say “clap hand” and dolts who “step foot” are simpletons.

Set foot is a perfectly good expression, if a bit colloquial.

12 hours ago, Austinvines said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also,

Spoiler

EV-REE BAH-DEE CLAP YO HANDS!

16 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

Sexy time. 

I see it on this board often. It’s no wonder your wives won’t fuck you. You’re talking to her like a feminine beta bitch. 

What are you talking about?  This guy got laid all the time.

66154428.jpg

23 hours ago, Moocowtex said:

“It is what it is”

Makes me want to stab someone.

This was my most hated from back in my old corporate days.  Still makes me rage.  "Well it is what it is"  "Well, go fist yourself, alright"

Football coaches/players/announcers that refer to everything relating to football by using the term football.  Football field, football team, National Football League.  Yeah, we know what sport you're talking about.

People saying two thousand eighteen.  It's twenty eighteen.  Did everyone walk around saying nineteen hundred ninety seven?

Say "DILLY DILLY" again, you hilarious motherfucker!  Oh that was gold.  You took what they say in that commercial and applied it here.  Fuck yes!  And just when your hilarious "WUZZZZ UP" was just beginning to get slightly stale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The general tendency for sportscasters to latch onto a phrase and drive it into the ground is a special kind of annoying.  "Quarterback room" is the flavor of the day.  A few years ago it was "spin the ball".  Before that, "high point the ball".

All actually have meaning, but the overwhelming follow-the-leader approach to commentary makes me ragey.

31 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

"ass, my dude". Stop saying that. It's annoying as fuck (AF for you youngsters)

In the context of aggy recruiting, and aggy quarterbacks generally, that one is timeless. Tater Tot may never be a great quarterback, but as an aggy wheedler, he shall live forever.