Words and phrases that bug the living shit out of you

Goo Punch

On 5/30/2018 at 1:30 PM, Art Vandelay said:

"Full stop" to assert an opinion. Or worse, "Period. Full stop."

Well shit, I was going to challenge you, but since you pulled out the old full stop I guess it's game over. Full stop.

Where the hell are you from?  I’ve LITERALY never of either of those

24 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

"Sustainably sourced".   fucking yuck.

Easier than saying "We flew to Honduras and gave a dime extra to some poor fucker while slicing some other poor fucker's throat out of his 20 cents because even though he is also a poor fucker with a large poor fucking family he is technically a "middleman" and that's bad. Also, we built a church."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sandman said:

I want to punch every motherfucker that drives a Ford "Ex-cape". The name is on the car, can't you read?

Also guys that refuse to use the make and model of their car, instead choosing to use the engine code that only they and their shitty ilk seem to know.  "Oh, I drive an E92." "I really love my w112". Fuck you. You drive a 328i, just admit it. You're not fucking special.

And when did "Merc" become the go to nickname for Mercedes Benz? It will always mean Mercury. GTFO with that shit.

Yep.  Even worse is the LHN commercial with Dale Watson singing "The Eyes of Texas" when he very clearly sings, "Do not think you can ex-cape them..."

Makes me ragey.  Can't believe they put that shit on the network.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, Lhorn said:

Always hated "making plays in space."

I immediately turn off the sound when announcer utters this bullshit.  That fucking dipshit from Fox Sports who uttered this phrase no less than 50 times a game needs a cock punch.

Any use of the word "brother" in most informal settings (by people who aren't professional wrestlers) instead of "man" or "dude" - "see you later, brother," "hey, brother, how are you?" and similar.

Maybe this belongs in the Trivial thread (or even Unpopular Opinions) but something about it just seems like contrived earnestness or forced intimacy or something along those lines. 

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Parents that convert their toddler’s age into months.

”Hi, this is my 42 month old son, Chaysden.”

No, your son is not 42 months old, dipstick.  He’s 3 1/2 years old.

Your son Jack is 3 1/2 years old.  Fuckin Chaysden has to be 42 months.

23 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

“Can I axe you a question?”

No, you may ASK me a question. 

When people ask if they can ask a question is annoying as hell to begin with.  Just ask the damn question - don't ask me if you can ask a question, that's like asking TWO questions!!!!

• Like 1

I want to punch every motherfucker that drives a Ford "Ex-cape". The name is on the car, can't you read?
Also guys that refuse to use the make and model of their car, instead choosing to use the engine code that only they and their shitty ilk seem to know.  "Oh, I drive an E92." "I really love my w112". Fuck you. You drive a 328i, just admit it. You're not fucking special.
And when did "Merc" become the go to nickname for Mercedes Benz? It will always mean Mercury. GTFO with that shit.

‘Merc’ when referring to a Mercedes Benz, is pronounced ‘mers.’ I would imagine it’s pronounced ‘merk’ when referring to a Mercury but you’d have to ask one of the poors.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:12 PM, irockalltherocks said:

Throw shade

Shook

Clap back

“Clap back” and “shoot the fade”, which apparently means “fight”. I particularly hate that second one, as there’s zero discernible reason to call a fight “shooting the fade” other than trying to sound cool.