Austin FC

Bottlecap

Stunned with that win. Austin played better, but sure looked like they were gonna find a way to lose, and certainly a way to not score. Until they did.
Rubio’s family was sitting with us, his oldest son was overcome when Diego scored. It was kinda cool to see, just a good and real moment. Also…his wife is a knockout.
Obrian needs to play to the corner more, it’s there for him. He plays in too much. But he had a better game, and is looking better (fewer turnovers for sure), so….progress.

• Hook 'Em 1

That Dallas starting 11 is in bad shape, holy shit man.  I'm guessing they have multiple guys out, but I didn't bother checking or listening much to the commentary. 

Driussi struggled some early but was the difference in the game imo.  Huge impact and is building good chemistry with Rubio and Obrian (already more chemistry than he has with Rigoni), plus a terrific play with Biro to setup a Zardes signature first touch of befuddlement near the box. 

There was a stat that showed Ring actually created more chances than Driussi though which is great. He blew a couple of chances, but I like him being able to play more forward like this.  My take is that with Valencia, he has to play deeper to compensate vs playing with Pereira who can anchor better. I'm probably full of shit but he definitely had more juice last night, whatever the reason. 

We're a long way from being competitive against top teams, but maybe we won't be dogshit all year. 

Was there Saturday.  Dallas is really bad - at least what they trotted out there.  I didn't think anyone could have a worse starting XI than us, but they did.  We were dominating them all game.  Driussi's dime was stunning and a reminder that he is a different level of class than most in MLS.

I'd love to see some MLS nerd write an article ranking the DPs across the league.  My guess is Ring and Rigoni wouldn't be the worst as I imagine there are some that are always hurt and never play.  But Rigoni has to be near the bottom and Ring, as much as I like him, is not DP quality.  I wonder if collectively ours are the worst? That has to be remedied at the end of this year.  

21 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

My take is that with Valencia, he has to play deeper to compensate vs playing with Pereira who can anchor better. I'm probably full of shit but he definitely had more juice last night, whatever the reason. 

Interesting.... I always thought Valencia was way less dynamic than Pereira, but didn't leave the back line hanging out to dry where Pereira could have a few runs in a game, but when he was at the 6, the back line was left in lurch a lot when he failed to clean stuff up.  I really like Valencia for what he is and glad he's on the team.  I may be full of shit as well.  Agree Pereira and Ring looked good Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Interesting.... I always thought Valencia was way less dynamic than Pereira, but didn't leave the back line hanging out to dry where Pereira could have a few runs in a game, but when he was at the 6, the back line was left in lurch a lot when he failed to clean stuff up.  I really like Valencia for what he is and glad he's on the team.  I may be full of shit as well.  Agree Pereira and Ring looked good Saturday. 

You're probably seeing more than I am, I haven't been to a game in a while and my attention wanders when we struggle. I'm honestly mystified by our midfield overall since last season. I'm hoping we figured something out that can be built on and wasn't just a product of the opposition being ass. 

At the game.  I called their offside when it happened.  Was obvious.  

How the hell did our goal get overturned? I didn’t appreciate they could review for a foul like that.  Thought it was just offside and penalty.   Sucks because it was a beautiful strike by Obtien. 

Well….that was unexpected. I’ll damn well take it.

Obrian is finding a groove. Cascante and Stuver were having words, would like to know more about that. Zardes brought some energy and played with real hustle and some IQ late, was refreshing to see.

And yeah…Rigoni can just stick with what he’s doing - not playing at all - and we’ll be better for it.

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well….that was unexpected. I’ll damn well take it.

Obrian is finding a groove. Cascante and Stuver were having words, would like to know more about that. Zardes brought some energy and played with real hustle and some IQ late, was refreshing to see.

And yeah…Rigoni can just stick with what he’s doing - not playing at all - and we’ll be better for it.

Yeah, this. Fun to be there, and refreshing.
but - SJ is possibly the worst team in the league and I'm still Wolffout until I see a reason to think any of this is sustainable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

First game I have attended this year, and it was a blast. I thought the Stuver foul was a red in person, but the replay shows a defender in good position, it could have been but also MLS refs tend to call that a yellow when it's farther out. Lucky call there. 

If we can't figure out something to solve our issues at right back, we're going to need 3-4 goals to win games. Crazy how big of a dropoff it was from Lima to Jimenez, and Gallagher seems less effective on the right than the left. We need to be starting Biro and Gallagher from now on with Jimenez coming in at RB and moving Gallagher to left if Biro is coming out. Or we need to just play 3 CBs.  We are currently a fucking sieve in transition. 

Two wins and multiple players coming on to create goals and chances in the attack, it's a good trend if we can pair it with better defending on counterattacks. 

I think Wolff needs to figure this out to keep his job, the roster had the pieces to get back into the playoffs. I'll be firmly team Wolff out if he doesn't figure it out this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Aggressive high press and some tight midfield marking, we haven't sniffed a decent attacking chance yet and Driussi is invisible again.  Maybe it will open up after St Louis gets on the board.  Until then, more horseshoe of despair and bad first touches giving it away in the middle third. 

Ok we just had a scoring chance and did fuck all with it. 

How to hide results. I just went to watch the replay and damn final score was shown. I swear I had that turned off and can't find how to do it again.

Talking SeasonPass on an AppleTV.

Thanks for any help!

4 hours ago, Fuga said:

How to hide results. I just went to watch the replay and damn final score was shown. I swear I had that turned off and can't find how to do it again.

Talking SeasonPass on an AppleTV.

Thanks for any help!

I think I followed some steps from this article last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well well well.... He certainly earned this month's paychecks with that goal. 

Also, finding a stream has been really difficult this year and it's pissing me off. Not enough to pay Apple whatever they want for MLS Season pass, but enough to complain that not only can I not watch my hometown team easily, but I can't even find a decent stream for it either.