Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Agreed, this discussion should be moved. I'll transition there after this. As for my occupation I am currently a medical student. I do not get paid (similar to these players)and actually pay for the pleasure of the labor that I provide the schools clinics and campus hospitals. As such I hold my faculty and preceptors to a very high standard and provide criticism, feedback, and recently outright defiance when warranted. Especially when I feel my rights as a paying student are being intruded upon. 

Holy shit. Med school sure has changed.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, JerryHubbard said:

Holy shit. Med school sure has changed.

Paying a shit ton of money for it. Have to have some balls when people fuck up. I.e recently a surgeon  made a racist comment to a fellow student in the OR while we were both assisting in a case, I brought it up to my faculty and he’s now no longer allowed to precept students. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well Tom lost to the worst Oklahoma team since John Blake was coaching there. Said team was missing at least 6 starters as well 

Mack lost by 52 points once. Mack got shut out with Vince Young. 

Tom needs to be fired, but I’m not sure last week’s game is even in my top five shittiest Red River Shootouts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Don't know how reliable this Texans7 guy is on 24/7 but he did call Guilbeau (not really a shot per say..) and the most recent OL commit. 

Here we go... Says that there's one and only one choice that being Urban Meyer. Money is there. New coach will be announced Dec 1st. 

Feel like it's Lotus under a new handle... But fuck it today was slow in the rumor mill department. 

I'm on the Urban train because he's available. I'm on that train until Urban makes himself unavailable. It's a much cleaner courtship than having to poach someone.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Don't know how reliable this Texans7 guy is on 24/7 but he did call Guilbeau (not really a shot per say..) and the most recent OL commit. 

Here we go... Says that there's one and only one choice that being Urban Meyer. Money is there. New coach will be announced Dec 1st. 

Feel like it's Lotus under a new handle... But fuck it today was slow in the rumor mill department. 

guess the news is finally starting to leak out

Spoiler

players have been talking about it all week

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

I think it’s a given that we would win with Meyer. But is it worth selling our souls.
When he decides to quit or gets fired over sanctions in 3-4 years will we be in any better position than we are right now?

I don’t know who the right guy is for this program but I throw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about seeing Urban Meyer in burnt orange on the sidelines.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 15

1 minute ago, drifter379 said:

I think it’s a given that we would win with Meyer. But is it worth selling our souls.
When he decides to quit or gets fired over sanctions in 3-4 years will we be in any better position than we are right now?

I don’t know who the right guy is for this program but I throw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about seeing Urban Meyer in burnt orange on the sidelines.

Name a school that he coached at that had sanctions because of him.

if you don’t want Urban then you don’t want success and are happy with mediocracy. 

everyone knows when hiring him you will get 5-6 year max. Treat it as such. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, drifter379 said:

I throw up a lot when I see Tom Herman in burnt orange on the sidelines.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

All of it makes sense except December 1. I'm sure others have asked this, any response on that board? If the money is there, deal is basically done, sitting around and letting this season play out with no news doesn't make a lot of sense, really.

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Read more  

All of it makes sense except December 1. I'm sure others have asked this, any response on that board? If the money is there, deal is basically done, sitting around and letting this season play out with no news doesn't make a lot of sense, really.

I think it was quoted somewhere in an article thathis buyout drops to 15 million or around that number on Dec 1

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean - I get it from CDC's standpoint. He wants to be REAL sure before he pulls the plug. And it sounds like he's only going to do it at the end of the season. He's just playing damage control right now.

As far as I can remember, Texas has never fired any coach during the season. In 1997 we all knew Mackovic was a dead man walking after the Rout 66 debacle, but he was kept to finish the season while we made sure that Mack Brown was THE GUY to bring Texas out of the darkness. 

However, I'm all for firing Herman at this point. We've all seen enough. His peak was 2018. 

19 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes it is, and you’ve just demonstrated you are too. Have you not been watching the tv the last six months? The marches? The world is sick of insufficient responses to discrimination. Hell we still have buildings and statues that celebrate confederate leaders around the country. People are taking a stand and saying enough is enough and the eyes of Texas is in the cross hairs. You can continue to ignore it and hope it all goes away, but this time it is not. This time is different. Players have realized now is the time to effect real social change.

First of all, there's nothing racist in the lyrics of the song. It is silly? Of course. Racist? Hell no. I still have no idea where they got this assumption from. Also, not singing or acknowledging the fans that support you is real social change?! Fuck outta here with that bull shit. Maybe the players should have been hitting the gym and practicing more to get better and prepare for the season instead of crying over a song all summer. Mack and Charlie wouldn't have put up with the players running to the locker room and not acknowledging the fans. Urban definitely won't tolerate it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drifter379 said:

Why do you dumb mother fuckers keep bring up sanctions? NCAA has basically no control over the P5 anymore they don’t have the balls to even threaten sanctions against a programs like Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drifter379 said:

I maybe gave a shit about this last hiring go around. Now I could care less, bring in a winner. The Texas admin isn’t going to let him do anything too egregious anyway, and he wouldn’t have to because he’d be fucking Urban Myer at Texas.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

First of all, there's nothing racist in the lyrics of the song. It is silly? Of course. Racist? Hell no. I still have no idea where they got this assumption from. Also, not singing or acknowledging the fans that support you is real social change?! Fuck outta here with that bull shit. Maybe the players should have been hitting the gym and practicing more to get better and prepare for the season instead of crying over a song all summer. Mack and Charlie wouldn't have put up with the players running to the locker room and not acknowledging the fans. Urban definitely won't tolerate it. 

Take this shit to the EOT thread

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I recall @closetojumping mentioning that part of Meyer's stress at florida and the state of ohio shit hole was the constant need to cheat their asses off to please the alumni and fans. With our resources, brand name in recruiting, and proclivity to not cheat I think Urban could spend the rest of his career here then walk away the best of all time. I am obviously full of shit and really drinking the urb kool aid. Fuck it, show me a loss. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I recall [mention=429]closetojumping[/mention] mentioning that part of Meyer's stress at florida and the state of ohio shit hole was the constant need to cheat their asses off to please the alumni and fans. With our resources, brand name in recruiting, and proclivity to not cheat I think Urban could spend the rest of his career here then walk away the best of all time. I am obviously full of shit and really drinking the urb kool aid. Fuck it, show me a loss. 

But then I have to ask myself which came first: the winning or the cheating?

Don’t care bring in Urbo!

2 hours ago, drifter379 said:

It's absolutely worth it. Think about it; we can either hand the team off to an "up and comer" right now while the team is in shambles, or we could hand it off to an "up and comer" in 3-4 years after Urban gets us back up to the top. I'm taking option B every single time. Look at how things turned out for OU when Stoops handed things off to Riley while the deck was stacked, or for OSU when Urban handed things off to Ryan Day. Compare those two situations to how things turned out for us when we passed our Charlie Strong diarrhea soup off to Herman. No brainer.  

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas