Jump to content

Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread


Recommended Posts

I wanted to mention the "hood ornament duet" and how it's probably the stupidest fucking thing I've seen in years, but y'all seem to have noticed already.

I guess instead I'll mention the perpetually irritating spectrum lady and her fake-ass talk show, which likely doesn't apply to any of you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Mutombo >>>>>> Lily, the Admiral & his weird balding pattern.

 

937BEFD9-DCF9-417E-9523-05A0D15FBD78.jpeg

Fuck anyone that says one bad word about David Robinson.  If you can do that, you probably hate puppies, whiskey, and pussy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a fucking psoriasis epidemic I don't know about in this country? Cause there aren't enough ads for this shit already, I just saw another new one. I dunno wtf for, as soon as I realized, I muted that shit and went for more coffee.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Deamerxt said:

Is there a fucking psoriasis epidemic I don't know about in this country? Cause there aren't enough ads for this shit already, I just saw another new one. I dunno wtf for, as soon as I realized, I muted that shit and went for more coffee.

I've posted this same sentiment several times on this thread. There are currently at least SEVEN actively advertising different brand-name drugs that claim to fix psoriasis.

SEVEN!

7 recognizable brand names and another 2-3 generic names

 

several of the brand names actively advertising have been around so long, they have lost their patent and now have a recognizable generic name ( recognizable because each of the fucking brand name ads specifically reference their performance vs the generic drugs )

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I have psoriasis so this thread hits close to home.

for the love of God man, you cant just jump on a thread like this tell us you have this disease that requires over 90 treatments and not tell us which of the  $28,000+ PER TREATMENT being advertised you use !!!!!!!

phew, turns out they arent all $28k they are a relative bargain at $12k

and the one advertised the most is the cheapest...  just a paltry $6k

 

so which of these multi thousand dollar treatments work for you man!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

for the love of God man, you cant just jump on a thread like this tell us you have this disease that requires over 90 treatments and not tell us which of the  $28,000+ PER TREATMENT being advertised you use !!!!!!!

phew, turns out they arent all $28k they are a relative bargain at $12k

and the one advertised the most is the cheapest...  just a paltry $6k

 

so which of these multi thousand dollar treatments work for you man!!!!!

I use a topical steroid. I don’t want any of that shit killing my immune system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 7:31 PM, hundredTT said:

I have to literally mute the tv or else I’ll have an instant headache. Fuck you Apple. 

This one wins. It will never be topped.

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougO said:

The flavored Coke commercial "two things at the same time" is creepy AF. Get it off my TV.

I am convinced that Coke planned on releasing that ad campaign last Sept/ October and for some reason it never got released.... and they decided that since they were a sponsor of the Tournament, and couldnt film cool new ads in the last year due to covid, to go ahead and just use that ad campaign during the Tournament. 

it makes no sense otherwise.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 6:27 PM, Incredulity said:

My son won’t stop singing Bag Alert, Major Baaaag Alert.

I am considering consulting counsel on an insanity plea.

Full disclosure, lately I've been singing:

Bite alert, Major bite alert 

XPN4PMZV6VBTFHH6LDOS7IXN7M.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 9:08 AM, Beau Vine said:

This is far and away the worst.  

 

2nd place:

 

That’s the first time I’ve seen that Wendy’s commercial and I’d argue that it’s not completely unpleasant but I take it that with repetition it boars into your skull 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took advertising in college and the prof made it sound like there was all kinds of research, focus groups, psychology, etc... involved in every ad campaign.  I think she and Mad Men lied to me.  I know that ads and tv appeal to the lowest denominator of society these days, but good Lord, put some thought into it people.

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, DougO said:

Yeah, it seemed like it was more tailored for the now outdated Twilight era of gen z teen vampires and werewolves kinda thing.

What the fuck is that guy that comes out from behind the counter supposed to be?

Looks like he has donkey legs.

Edited by Steamboat1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I took advertising in college and the prof made it sound like there was all kinds of research, focus groups, psychology, etc... involved in every ad campaign.  I think she and Mad Men lied to me.  I know that ads and tv appeal to the lowest denominator of society these days, but good Lord, put some thought into it people.

 

If you've ever been around a group of average dumb people, aka average Americans.. you'll hear them all cackle in agreement about how funny these ads are

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
If you've ever been around a group of average dumb people, aka average Americans.. you'll hear them all cackle in agreement about how funny these ads are

Its not unlike the parade of too soon puns on Surly after someone dies in an accident.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...