Jump to content
Michael Knight

Netflix to produce Witcher series starring Henry Cavill

Recommended Posts

Henry Cavill will play the lead role in the upcoming Netflix series based on “The Witcher,” Variety has learned.
Based on the best-selling fantasy series, “The Witcher” follows Geralt of Rivia (Cavill), a solitary monster hunter, as he struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.

 

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/henry-cavill-the-witcher-netflix-series-1202925521/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Remember that video game that made an awesome movie?

 

Yeah. Me either.

Not a movie and Netflix did a good job with Castlevania, in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season. I still haven't played any of the Witcher series so I won't be checking it out any time soon, but there is some foundation for hope for the TV series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Remember that video game that made an awesome movie?

 

Yeah. Me either.

Some of you people can't read. This will be based on the books. Not the video games. The video games are loosely based on the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rage-a-holic said:

Some of you people can't read. This will be based on the books. Not the video games. The video games are loosely based on the books.

Meh. It was a stupid comment. Ban user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I heard he's a huge Witcher fan and a gamer. He begged for the role.

Yep. I think at one point he collected a bunch of fan art depicting him as Witcher and was sending it to the appropriate people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, crackamacgowski said:

Not a movie and Netflix did a good job with Castlevania, in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season. I still haven't played any of the Witcher series so I won't be checking it out any time soon, but there is some foundation for hope for the TV series. 

Man you are missing out.  The first one is solid, it was great at the time.  I skimmed through about half of it while waiting for 3 to come out.  The second one holds up well even today, though its too long for me to replay.  The third one...to me its easily the best videogame ever and its not particularly close.  Unless you just completely hate the genre its worth buying a console to play, or better yet a gaming PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hozz said:

Man you are missing out.  The first one is solid, it was great at the time.  I skimmed through about half of it while waiting for 3 to come out.  The second one holds up well even today, though its too long for me to replay.  The third one...to me its easily the best videogame ever and its not particularly close.  Unless you just completely hate the genre its worth buying a console to play, or better yet a gaming PC.

I own them on PC, and in fact started 3 but I got sidetracked with other games. Eventually I'll get around to it but right now I have other things to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, crackamacgowski said:

Not a movie and Netflix did a good job with Castlevania, in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season. I still haven't played any of the Witcher series so I won't be checking it out any time soon, but there is some foundation for hope for the TV series. 

Castlevania was awesome. Season 2 next month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yennefer and Ciri cast.... 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-netflix-tv-series-casts-ciri-and-yenni/1100-6462424/

Ciri                                                                                                                                                            Yen

20181010-thewitchercast.jpg

 

Meh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 1:36 PM, TexasHooch said:

Are the books actually worth reading on their own? I do like the fantasy genre.

Absolutely. The books are fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Drew said:

Cautiously optimistic

I'm slightly pessimistic after seeing this. I had (have) high hopes for this series but the casting....I don't know. I was hoping for more of a gritty Mads Mikkelsen, not a pretty boy Man of Steel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The writer for this show was clearly triggered by all the disgusting white characters lulz. If you'd like to see the character Shani as a black woman, Triss as a middle eastern woman, I heard they wanted to make Ciri a hispanic woman, things like that, then this show might be for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started playing 3 a few weeks ago and I'm already 60 hours in. It's a great game and I can see a lot of potential for a series. It's GOT with a little more magic.

Also Henry as geralt is how rheagar should have looked instead of that skinny dweeb they had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some nekkid Triss and Shani, Yennifer can get it too but the two gingers were my favorite lays, playing as Geralt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I still remember when the first photos came out and he was getting killed.  Really took to the role from what we've seen so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Man I still remember when the first photos came out and he was getting killed.  Really took to the role from what we've seen so far.

Wonder if some of that was fallout from the DC Superman stuff.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...