Apple iPhone Thread

47 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Running the betas on phone, watch, iPad and so far they have been great. Best Beta 1 experience in a long time.

Have you tried using your iPad as a second monitor yet?  That’s the feature I’m most looking forward to.   

1 minute ago, SDG said:

Have you tried using your iPad as a second monitor yet?  That’s the feature I’m most looking forward to.   

Not yet, the only machine I have that is capable of running Catalina is my work machine, and I'm waiting to make sure all my apps work with it first.

11 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

ios 13 beta isn't showing up for me.  Has the public beta been released?

Not till July.

I found a test pig for Catalina, installing it now, if my apps for work work, I'll upgrade my MBP to test sidecar later.

• Like 1

They are really doubling down on privacy and security.  This is going to piss off a lot of governments at all levels.    Impressed with the masked ID/email addresses and the amount of data scrubbing involved.   

I bet you are Hilary. I bet you are. /nocr

so is the $1000 stand.  fucking lulz.

Most of us aren’t the target customer for the Mac Pro or the display. I know you’re savvy enough to know, especially compared to other reference monitors and physical setup without needing a stand.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:54 AM, YChang said:

Most of us aren’t the target customer for the Mac Pro or the display. I know you’re savvy enough to know, especially compared to other reference monitors and physical setup without needing a stand.

no arguments on the monitor.  the monitor is impressive as hell, extremely impressive.

but are you really trying to defend a stand that costs $1000.  a stand.  regardless if companies need the stand or not.  apple decided to separately price a stand, for a $1000.  they are either trolling and knew this would get traction, or they are completely fucking stupid.  the stand is the new dongle form factor.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

no arguments on the monitor.  the monitor is impressive as hell, extremely impressive.

but are you really trying to defend a stand that costs $1000.  a stand.  regardless if companies need the stand or not.  apple decided to separately price a stand, for a $1000.  they are either trolling and knew this would get traction, or they are completely fucking stupid.  the stand is the new dongle form factor.

I see your point and yeah I agree. I think they blundered on framing the price of the monitor. It could have been hey it's $6,000 but $5,0000 without the stand. 

On 5/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, crash_davis said:

moving away from cell towers won't make it any more secure.  you're just replacing the cell provider with an isp.  the government has your isp covered too.

and the same apps who spied on your on iphone will spy on you with the ipod.

VPN, encryption

But the spying, yeah. I read an article on that recently and it’s staggering how much of that is embedded into apps. 

Those of you who got the XsMax, do y'all have any regrets? My 6s Plus is about to take a dump. I've changed the battery out a little over a year ago and it gets drained with a quickness. Shit freezes up and hesitates while playing games like word puzzles. So i guess i'm gonna have to finally get a new one. I saw where Best Buy has the 512mb phones for the same price as the 256mb ones at the moment. I don't think i'll fill up a 256 one. The two are the same, right? Just different size of memory?

On 6/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, BERT said:

Those of you who got the XsMax, do y'all have any regrets? My 6s Plus is about to take a dump. I've changed the battery out a little over a year ago and it gets drained with a quickness. Shit freezes up and hesitates while playing games like word puzzles. So i guess i'm gonna have to finally get a new one. I saw where Best Buy has the 512mb phones for the same price as the 256mb ones at the moment. I don't think i'll fill up a 256 one. The two are the same, right? Just different size of memory?

and i obviously meant GB, not MB. Best Buy had $200 off the 512gb phone if you used your upgrade. So it was the same price as the 256gb. But ooooooh no, i couldn't figure out my damn 4 digit code that they needed to access my account at Best Buy. I finally gave up and just got the Xs Max 256gb phone. Everything seems easy to work so far. 

• 1 month later...

My X has been running so spotty lately.  It randomly freezes up and lags. The gps triangulation will place me "all over the map" when I need the maps to work (and it happens with waze, google, apple).  I tried restoring and it didn't fix it.

I installed public beta 3 last night and so far so good.  I'm liking the overall look of things and it also is running smoother/faster than it did with 12.whatever I was on.  I was going to wait until we got closer to gold master build but I couldn't wait anymore.  Happy I did it as of now.  Wait for me to come back in a few weeks and bitch about something.  

My X has been running so spotty lately.  It randomly freezes up and lags. The gps triangulation will place me "all over the map" when I need the maps to work (and it happens with waze, google, apple).  I tried restoring and it didn't fix it.

I installed public beta 3 last night and so far so good.  I'm liking the overall look of things and it also is running smoother/faster than it did with 12.whatever I was on.  I was going to wait until we got closer to gold master build but I couldn't wait anymore.  Happy I did it as of now.  Wait for me to come back in a few weeks and bitch about something.  

How is the dark mode?

• 1 month later...
upgraded from the x to 11 pro this morning about an hour after pre-orders opened.  delivery set for next friday.  this was the easiest pre-order experience i've had.

Same, X to 11 Pro, plus a Watch 5. Just did it thru Verizon. Getting the Midnight Green.

It shows I am not getting charged an access fee on the watch. I’m not sure if it’s a promotion or if they messed up. I looked into it and it seems like I get a $10 discount on the fee (net zero) because I have an unlimited plan. Not really sure.

Waiting to hear feedback from you guys. I still love my x excepting it’s sometime wonky triangulation/navigation. Ios13 beta has made it even better really. I don’t know that I can justify the expense again this year.

The watch though.....I’m still on s3. Looking for a good deal on a s4.

Waiting to hear feedback from you guys. I still love my x excepting it’s sometime wonky triangulation/navigation. Ios13 beta has made it even better really. I don’t know that I can justify the expense again this year.

The watch though.....I’m still on s3. Looking for a good deal on a s4.

Almost got a 4 thru Walmart but they sold out while I was checking out. I don’t know if there will be big discounts with the three still out there setting the basement price.

21 hours ago, SDG said:

How trade ins work?  I just checked on BBY and my 7+ gets me $190 credit.  Do I have to trade in before I get the new one?  

If trading with Apple, you'll get a return box in the mail a few days after you get the phone, then they credit the card you purchased with when it's received.