CELEBRATION THREAD

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

is a win over the wizard reason to celebrate?  the natural order of things should be for texas to crush kstate 19 out of 20.

very happy for the players.

I sort of look at it that way as well. More then a couple of those losses at KSU had a lot more to do with who was wearing a headset, and not a helmet.

weird game in that we only had 4 possessions each half. really can't afford to make mistakes, by players or by coaches. loved the ending of that game. didn't give them a chance. thought that Coach Snyder gave a master class in coaching that second half, except for having to use the two timeouts. don't remember the situations, so maybe he really needed to call them.

The second half will give the coaches something to hammer the players on. But for the fourth week in a row, this offense killed the game off in the fourth quarter with a solid drive. I think that speaks volumes about our ability to formulate and execute a gameplan that keeps the ball away from Kyler Murray.

If Texas scores instead of going into victory formation, they cover the spread and maybe some of us are slightly less annoyed. But whatever, we won in a place that has been a house of horrors for us since BEFORE VINCE YOUNG PLAYED A SINGLE GAME IN BURNT ORANGE. Let that sink in. I don't care if it was a one point win, I'm celebrating.

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

is a win over the wizard reason to celebrate?  the natural order of things should be for texas to crush kstate 19 out of 20.

very happy for the players.

Yes, it's a reason to celebrate. Drink some beer, have relations with your loved one, have a great dinner, and enjoy life tonight. It's been a long time since we won in Manhattan.

Plenty of time next week to analyze what went wrong and what we face with BlowU

Bring on the Cats sincerely has no idea what do with the coaching staff:

https://www.bringonthecats.com/2018/9/29/17918460/final-texas-longhorns-19-kansas-state-wildcats-14-thompson-tries-but-cant-bail-the-cats-out

5) The problem isn’t between the lines.

This team wants to play. They didn’t give up, and when presented with some evidence that the coaching staff actually gave a damn, they showed it.

There is a rot, and it’s at the top. It’s not that Bill Snyder needs to go. It’s that he needs to let go. Listen to his assistants. Stop being stubborn. Accept he may be wrong.

His performance in today’s post-game press conference indicates none of this is in the cards.

Old ugly is better than old nothing
I learned this about coaching: You don't have to explain winning and you can't explain defeat.
Darrell Royal

The last three weeks are examples of games that Texas would have lost in the previous four years.  Winning on the road is not easy and Manhattan is where Longhorn teams that were much better than this one have been decimated by a loss that spoiled the season.  Credit the progress that has been made on the defensive side of the ball for bailing out an otherwise tepid offense in the second half.  The zebras in this game were paid well to keep it close which they did when you see the disparity in penalty yardage. Keaontay Ingram should be the starting running back for the remainder of the season if he can stay healthy and Kris Boyd has got to stop biting on double moves defensively.  Ehlinger did a good job of once again not turning the ball over and managing to make just enough positive plays with his legs and passing to get the job done.  Both OU and Texas have now had ugly wins in the past two weeks and hopefully this will be the year that UT wins the brass hat in Dallas.  I have tickets this year on the 40 yard line 39 rows up thanks to a totally unexpected early Christmas present from my sister and look forward to the whole experience once more at Fair Park and the Cotton Bowl. It is great to be going into that game coming off a win at what had been Wounded Knee for the Longhorns. 
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

And it was offset so it didn't even count

but that offset cost the wizard 2 minutes on the clock which he really could have used to our detriment on our last drive.

wizard players were holding multiple times, but half our flags were stupid mistakes, mostly unnecessary, just like weeks 1 & 2.