PatrickMcHorn

Surly's Texas Small Town/Road Trip Gems

On 8/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, PsychMike said:

Speaking of Bodacious, I'm having to drive to Shreveport and want to hit them up on the way home. There's apparently one in Marshall that would trim some time off my drive but is it comparable? Do you need to go to Longview to get the good stuff?

this is after the fact, but no they aren't the same.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, Etexhorn13 said:

TBH I grew up in Jefferson and have never gotten the Riverport hype other than to say it’s tasty, but I’ve never been blown away. I will grab a chopped brisket sandwich when I go back to visit my parents, but I’d probably rather get my bbq fix when I get home and go to Pinkertons. I will say that it’s better than all the other bodacious in the area that aren’t mobberly, though. 

seconding this, is it good? yes.

is it damn good for a town of like 2000 people? yes.

but is it worth driving up to from I-20 or down from I-30 like Mobberly? negative. 

it is for my money pretty easily in the top 3 in North East Texas (Bodacious Mobberly, Stanleys, Riverport)

all of that said, Stephen Joseph is a good dude who makes good BBQ.

Not sure if this is still a live forum but I will post anyways. Visited twice the Fry Bread House in Phoenix. Love me some Indian Tacos.

(Obligatory image)

spacer.png

Bill's Burgers opening another location.  This time in Lampasas.  It'll be in the old Toupsie's location on the north side of town.

3 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Bill's Burgers opening another location.  This time in Lampasas.  It'll be in the old Toupsie's location on the north side of town.

I’m assuming you actually pulled that hand in your avatar. If so, bravo! I’ve only seen it happen live one time. 

7 minutes ago, Dangit said:

I’m assuming you actually pulled that hand in your avatar. If so, bravo! I’ve only seen it happen live one time. 

Did it twice in 2018.  Both in tournaments.  Crazy times.