Las Vegas go hard or go home thread

bigup2dahorns

9 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Heading up in a few weeks. Have some wives wanting edibles. Are those available in stores?

Yeah, and our driver took us to one before we checked in back in July.  Also, if you know what you want ahead of time, you can order online and it will be ready at pickup.   Planet 13 is where we went.

I know this isn't on the topic of Vegas, but what does an edible do for you?  Are you just mellow, how is it different than being drunk?  Obviously I don't know shit about cannabis.

The two different strains I had -
One made me sleep like a champ and the other was just a smooth and pleasant high, like floating on a cloud.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

I know this isn't on the topic of Vegas, but what does an edible do for you?  Are you just mellow, how is it different than being drunk?  Obviously I don't know shit about cannabis.

I find the effects of weed and alcohol to be fairly different, and not all people enjoy both. Where I'm going or what I'm doing may rule out one vs the other.

But one HUGE factor for me is  "day after" considerations. You can be stoned AF, and wake up at 8AM the next morning feeling fine and ready to get on with your day. My results vary with booze, and fuck dealing with hangovers these days.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Also not Vegas related but this is the best place to ask. Anyone been to Bossier/Shreveport recently? What are the standard minimums? What are the mask/COVID protocols? We’re heading there in a few weeks and haven’t been in about 5 years so am not at all familiar with it. 

I was there last Sunday night, stayed at Ballys. I found one table and didn’t leave for 6 hours so didn’t see what all the mins were but I would guess they are all mostly $10. The table I was at was $10. No mask mandate at all.

Ballys was pretty nice, not very crowded but that’s probably because it was a Sunday night.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I was there last Sunday night, stayed at Ballys. I found one table and didn’t leave for 6 hours so didn’t see what all the mins were but I would guess they are all mostly $10. The table I was at was $10. No mask mandate at all.

Ballys was pretty nice, not very crowded but that’s probably because it was a Sunday night.

That’s good news all the way. Thank you. I was dreading this trip but now not so much. 

• Like 1

Getting ready to book.  I'm assuming Uber is an option to get the 2 miles from the airport to The Strip.  I keep getting suggestions for shuttles at over $100 round trip.

Yep Uber/Lyft should be fine. Have to walk across from baggage claim to the parking garage to catch a ride but it’s pretty easy.
  • Hook 'Em 1