Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 6/20/2018 at 9:16 PM, austingirl said:

Rope time!

6a041da0bf9c6444360d7148c5577f90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am positive you are actually my wife and you are taking our dog to someone else's house and taking photos...shit... TIL my wife is probably cheating on me.

Took my oldest to the vet, hes got that lumbosacral syndrome thing going now. Like a flip of the switch, all of the sudden, he's just like "yeah, my back legs dont work too well no more boss". Fucking bummer, but we're determined to see his last days are just as good as his first 15 years. 0d8415b19731dcdeeed3b9caa065293d.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I am positive you are actually my wife and you are taking our dog to someone else's house and taking photos...shit... TIL my wife is probably cheating on me.

Remind me where you adopted yours from? Edgar's litter had another boy puppy that looked just like him, but smaller.

12 hours ago, austingirl said:

Remind me where you adopted yours from? Edgar's litter had another boy puppy that looked just like him, but smaller.

https://humaneheroes.org/

There were two dogs that were dropped off, possibly more, but only two when we got there. One they called Lakota and the other Takota. We got Takota and renamed him Loki.

While we were on vacation, the girl spend time with my inlaws in the countryside... running around a big ass yard and whatnot.

One day, she started really favoring one side of her head.  She was standing, walking, and running with her head crooked.  She didnt paw at her ear or whine, but something was clearly wrong.  Inlaws took it to the local vet and that small-town bumpkin ass motherfucker said "ahh theres nothing wrong its just a dog being a dog"

IMG_20180625_182941.jpg

Well, we got back and took it to our regular vet.  It took all of 2 seconds with an otoscope into the ear to find out 4 of these goddamn foxtail needles had worked themselves deep in there, even puncturing her eardrums.

She was sedated so the bloody (literally bloody) things could be tweezed out.  She acted all funny for the next 2 days, barely eating and drinking, but now shes back to her yippy happy self...  fuck that other dumbshit vet tho.

56 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

https://humaneheroes.org/

There were two dogs that were dropped off, possibly more, but only two when we got there. One they called Lakota and the other Takota. We got Takota and renamed him Loki.

We also go ours at Humane Heroes, but it was a litter of 4 puppies and they named them Edgar, Allan, Poe, and Lenore. Edgar and Allan were solid black and Poe and Lenore were tan with black markings. We loved the name so we kept it Edgar. Maybe Loki and Edgar have the same baby daddy.

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

While we were on vacation, the girl spend time with my inlaws in the countryside... running around a big ass yard and whatnot.

One day, she started really favoring one side of her head.  She was standing, walking, and running with her head crooked.  She didnt paw at her ear or whine, but something was clearly wrong.  Inlaws took it to the local vet and that small-town bumpkin ass motherfucker said "ahh theres nothing wrong its just a dog being a dog"

IMG_20180625_182941.jpg

Well, we got back and took it to our regular vet.  It took all of 2 seconds with an otoscope into the ear to find out 4 of these goddamn foxtail needles had worked themselves deep in there, even puncturing her eardrums.

She was sedated so the bloody (literally bloody) things could be tweezed out.  She acted all funny for the next 2 days, barely eating and drinking, but now shes back to her yippy happy self...  fuck that other dumbshit vet tho.

Yikes.  Glad you got it figured out.  

5 hours ago, austingirl said:

We also go ours at Humane Heroes, but it was a litter of 4 puppies and they named them Edgar, Allan, Poe, and Lenore. Edgar and Allan were solid black and Poe and Lenore were tan with black markings. We loved the name so we kept it Edgar. Maybe Loki and Edgar have the same baby daddy.

Crazy, probably the same Leanderthal out there that wont get their dog fixed and keeps abandoning puppies.

• Like 1

Missed this thread so cross posting off my misfire from another forum...

Mrs. Brown Water just snuck another one by so we're up to 3 vizslas.  In order...

Chloe is the high key "first child"

30w3wgm.jpg

Tucker (yes after 27-25) is our mellow guy

2qva8vc.jpg

Gus is the new addition. Originally named after Angus Young his apparent lack of intellect has led to the nickname "Gustin Johnson" after the golfer with great physical talent but questionable mental aptitude.  

2mfkq37.jpg 

Edited by brown water
  • Like 3

Poor girl thinks she doesn't deserve the attention. She was a rescue at 9 months old. Found running along I-35. She's never gotten over it.

We have four or five rescues from around Texas. A couple of them are the same as yours. I don’t ever want to know what they endured before coming into our lives.

And I think that I’ll take this opportunity to say that San Antonio has a shit ton of dog owners that need to be put down with extreme prejudice. Plenty of shitty owners here in Austin too, but the volume of scumbag pet owners in that particular city is astounding. Over the last 7 years we’ve fostered at least a dozen terminal dogs that were mistreated in one way or another by human trash in that area.
  • Like 1

Poor girl thinks she doesn't deserve the attention. She was a rescue at 9 months old. Found running along I-35. She's never gotten over it.
Chuy was rescued on the side of the road, I think 3005 here in Galveston, and then she bounced around from house to house. Shes closer to 20lbs than 30 and look at her, easy as can be. Shell always be"gun shy". Fuckers.

f29ca57ed86c68f287e65d2c7adb9082.jpg
  • Like 3