Covington Catholic - MAGA DC Incident

Hank Kingsley

Thorough and thoughtful opinion.  I'm sure there will be an appeal and the Rule 12 posture of it makes it precarious.

Also, fuckin Wikipedia.

William Odis Bertelsman (born 1936) is a partisan leftist coward Senior United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.

JFC.  Lol.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, zork said:

The press getting sued is one thing, interesting to see how it turns out.  The twitterverse players getting sued is another far more interesting piece in this to me.  The piling on  with XYZ descriptors with the type of comments used against this minor that were proven false as the truth came out.  

Don't know how it will play out but:

/popcorn.gif

On 2/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, Hank Scorpio said:

Haha somehow your real post is actually stupider than mine. 

On 2/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, zork said:

idk what will happen.  but i'm interested.  thanks for sharing your opinion of my lame post.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:47 AM, Hank Scorpio said:

The reason you don't know what is going to happen is because you are stupid. I should have made that clearer, especially when I knew I was dealing with a stupid person. So really, I owe you an apology. 

On 2/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, zork said:

i suspect the most likely thing to happen is some type of quiet settlement from the press side but I don't know and neither do you.  the level of stupidity my posts show certainly know no bounds.  especially so to people who seemingly know it all without regard to whether they actually do or not. 

I'm not sure I've actually engaged you in conversation on this site or before?  Thanks for following my stupidity over the years, really.  I check this site and others for entertainment value as well with stupid comments being a large part of the infotainment we all share with each other with our posts and some valid opinion and facts interspersed.

Minors should get a break when possible.  Just wearing a hat doesn't change that in my opinion.

lololol

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2019 at 11:38 PM, DDD Dad said:

Yes, the Post, with its history on the Pentagon Papers and Watergate will settle to avoid “exposing their bullshit. “

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and assume you’re not a litigation attorney and most certainly not one who has handled first amendment cases.

Haha fucking owned him. 

I clicked ‘view full coverage’ after searching for this on my google news feed, because I’m out of Wapo views and wanted to read the details on another site.  Naturally Fox was #2...but I noticed, on the still image accompanying the article, they subtly erased out the MAGA letters on his hat, so it just appears to be red.  

FoxNews...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I clicked ‘view full coverage’ after searching for this on my google news feed, because I’m out of Wapo views and wanted to read the details on another site.  Naturally Fox was #2...but I noticed, on the still image accompanying the article, they subtly erased out the MAGA letters on his hat, so it just appears to be red.  

FoxNews...

Hahaha holy shit, what a fucking joke. 

22 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Hahaha holy shit, what a fucking joke. 

Maybe it’s just me, but yeah see for yourself: https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-dismisses-appeal-from-kentucky-teen-over-encounter-with-native-american-at-lincoln-memorial-rally.amp

Its also one of the articles that doesn’t have comments available.  However the original story about the lawsuit does...

Just a couple subtle ways that FN appears to tailor their message.  

Edited by Homercles

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Did someone take me up on my bet?  I don’t remember.  If so, post it and I’ll honor the terms.  

You wouldn’t honor the terms even if someone had taken you up on that. And since no one apparently did, what you should be doing is saying “thank you all for not taking me up on that admittedly stupid bet” and cease talking about this stupid topic.

Edited by hpslugga

25 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Huh? Did we make the bet? You directed it specifically at some other person and you don't recall it?

I saw the quote where I proposed a bet.  I didn’t see where anyone accepted it.  Do you not know how bets work?  

27 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

You wouldn’t honor the terms even if someone had taken you up on that. And since no one apparently did, what you should be doing is saying “thank you all for not taking me up on that admittedly stupid bet” and cease talking about this stupid topic.

Yes I would. Don’t transfer your dishonor upon me.  I proposed a bet.  Seems like no one had the balls to take me up on it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Sack is really acting like a soy boy 

Yes.   Getting called out by pussies about a bet I proposed but no one had the balls to take.  And then the same pussies who wouldn’t take my bet now talk shit.  

Is the case even over?   I’ve been traveling and not paying attention.   Was it at the MTD stage to be reviewed de novo by a Court or Appeals?  Has any discovery even been done?  Because if this was just at the MTD stage, this victory dance could be pretty damn premature.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

This thread really delivers.

Yep.  Liberals making asses out of themselves.  As usual.  16 pages worth.  And then circle jerking.  Just like Texags.  And you have your own weird Mee Maw.  She’s just from Alabama.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yep.  Liberals making asses out of themselves.  As usual.  16 pages worth.  And then circle jerking.  Just like Texags.  And you have your own weird Mee Maw.  She’s just from Alabama.  

Texags? You mean the site you share every political opinion with?

22 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Texags? You mean the site you share every political opinion with?

It’s a circle jerk.  I get called out by a bunch of pussies who wouldn’t take my bet. And no one but me calls those pussies out.  Yep.  Texags.  With your own Cloak Room Mee Maw weirdo.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't say this is over.  A rule 12(b)(6) dismissal is the most easily overturned judgment in federal practice. I'd put probably the worst odds on reversal at 50/50. That said, Kentucky law is surprisingly pro-journalist.  

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I wouldn't say this is over.  A rule 12(b)(6) dismissal is the most easily overturned judgment in federal practice. I'd put probably the worst odds on reversal at 50/50. That said, Kentucky law is surprisingly pro-journalist.  

de novo review

Yes! The Sack is back! 

And I hate to actually defend the guy but even though he was a complete dumbass on this topic and wrong as usual, I can’t see where Dennison or anyone else took him up on his offer of an IP ban if he was wrong. Oh well.

Its better off having a sack around anyway. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yes.   Getting called out by pussies about a bet I proposed but no one had the balls to take.  And then the same pussies who wouldn’t take my bet now talk shit.  

Is the case even over?   I’ve been traveling and not paying attention.   Was it at the MTD stage to be reviewed de novo by a Court or Appeals?  Has any discovery even been done?  Because if this was just at the MTD stage, this victory dance could be pretty damn premature.  

I haven’t bothered to look it up but since it happened only a few months after your bold and wrong proclamations that they would settle, I can only surmise it did happen at the MTD stage. But unlike you, I expect the decision to be affirmed rather easily, unless Clarence Thomas has somehow persuaded the rest of his conservative brethren to overturn the 60 year old now New York Times v. Sullivan case, something I highly doubt. 

• 3 months later...