I'm not watching the Sup...Big Game. The official thread

Parliament

As someone who for most of my life ate, drank and slept NFL football, I really don't care much any more. It's not the teams, I actually kind of like the Rams and fairly indifferent about the Pats. It's just the game itself and administration of it has become such a clusterfuck, a comedy of self-inflicted obfuscation, administrative incompetence and contradictory poliicies, often focusing on fixing the things that weren't broke, and breaking the broken things even more.

I will still keep an eye on it, but not intently. I have not and will not watched a single minute of pregame, or post-game bullcorn, I'll channel surf during the shitty commercials that get stupider each year, and will change the channel about two minutes after the game is over, if not sooner.

One of these days I just won't watch it. I'll just go birding or something instead. But I'm not quite there yet. If I could get laid instead of watching the Superbowl I would do that...at least through the coin toss.

9 minutes ago, DougO said:

As someone who for most of my life ate, drank and slept NFL football, I really don't care much any more. It's not the teams, I actually kind of like the Rams and fairly indifferent about the Pats. It's just the game itself and administration of it has become such a clusterfuck, a comedy of self-inflicted obfuscation, administrative incompetence and contradictory poliicies, often focusing on fixing the things that weren't broke, and breaking the broken things even more.

I will still keep an eye on it, but not intently. I have not and will not watched a single minute of pregame, or post-game bullcorn, I'll channel surf during the shitty commercials that get stupider each year, and will change the channel about two minutes after the game is over, if not sooner.

One of these days I just won't watch it. I'll just go birding or something instead. But I'm not quite there yet. If I could get laid instead of watching the Superbowl I would do that...at least through the coin toss.

I was never an NFL fan. I was a Cowboys fan. Jerry cured me of that, and Roger Goodell finished it off. 

• Like 3

Best time to go grocery shopping 

That's me, after catching up on a bit of work I put off this weekend. I typically go to a SB party just for the social/ food element, but had other stuff going on this weekend. SB was what I decided to sacrifice to take sure of what I needed to do at work. Don't feel like I'm missing much.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wow, I thought I was the only one. For the second straight year, we went to a movie and dinner. Saw the Green Book. Went and ate Italian food. NFL sucks in my opinion. Maybe if Jerry Jones weren’t laughing his ass off at taking everyone’s money with things like seat licenses, I might care. But, I don’t. Eff Jerry and eff the “stars” who flaunt their narcissism every year.

• Like 1

I grew up with my walls adorned with Tom Landry and Roger Staubach. It hit me in the mid nineties that Jerry Jones embodies everything that is wrong with professional sports and I vowed that I'd root for the Cowboys again once Jerry was in the ground, but now I doubt it. I'll root for whatever team has the most Longhorns, but that's about it.

There's marquee events for professional golf, tennis, softball, women's basketball, badminton, squash, handball, spelling bees, and pastry cooking.  You keep yourself just focused on Longhorn athletics, the amount of oral sex in your life basically triples.  Then again, your mom does like her handball.