Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

• 5 weeks later...

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-pr-firm-every-iota-of-actors-claim-true/5500405/

Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:38PM

CHICAGO -- Jussie Smollett's PR team says "every iota" of his account of being the victim of a racist, anti-gay attack in Chicago is supported by police evidence despite police repeatedly saying it was all staged.

A statement emailed Wednesday follows a city filing Monday defending its lawsuit seeking to recoup costs of investigating what it says was a January publicity stunt.

The statement says "every iota of information ... Smollett has stated has been fully corroborated."

47 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-pr-firm-every-iota-of-actors-claim-true/5500405/

Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:38PM

CHICAGO -- Jussie Smollett's PR team says "every iota" of his account of being the victim of a racist, anti-gay attack in Chicago is supported by police evidence despite police repeatedly saying it was all staged.

A statement emailed Wednesday follows a city filing Monday defending its lawsuit seeking to recoup costs of investigating what it says was a January publicity stunt.

The statement says "every iota of information ... Smollett has stated has been fully corroborated."

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

From your link:

But the latest court filing contends even if Smollett did make a false report, there is no way the city can assert he would have known the city would investigate — and investigate it to the extent cops did.

“We contend the city is wrong,” Quinlan said of the city’s assertion that Smollett should have known the city would spend nearly 2,000 hours investigating. “ ... The mere fact somebody filed a police report doesn’t presume the investigation will be done and certainly not to the extent of what the city is claiming.

“Smollett has no control over that,” Quinlan added.

In the legal brief, obtained by Sneed, Smollett makes clear that he is not admitting he made false statements. “Mr. Smollett disputes any and all assertions that he made a false statement and was not a victim of a crime,” a footnote on the first page of the motion reads.

But even if he did, “The filing of a police report, in and of itself, does not necessitate a sprawling investigation nor does it, as a practical matter, usually result in an investigation as extensive as the one the CPD chose to undertake in this case,” the motion says.

“ ... The City has failed to allege that Mr. Smollett was similarly ‘well aware’ that his statements to police would result in 1,836 hours of police overtime, or any other reasons why he should have known this would have been the case.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

“We contend the city is wrong,” Quinlan said of the city’s assertion that Smollett should have known the city would spend nearly 2,000 hours investigating. “ ... The mere fact somebody filed a police report doesn’t presume the investigation will be done and certainly not to the extent of what the city is claiming.

spacer.png

Your Honor - My client standing over there with gunshot residue on his hands and the victim's blood spatter on his shirt.....He did not pull the trigger and fire that gun, but even if he did, how could he know that the bullet would actually leave the barrel and if it even by some chance did leave the barrel, how could he know it would strike the "so-called victim" at whom he was aiming and cause his death. 

This is a travesty - My client is innocent and even if he wasn't innocent - he's still innocent.

6 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Your Honor - My client standing over there with gunshot residue on his hands and the victim's blood spatter on his shirt.....He did not pull the trigger and fire that gun, but even if he did, how could he know that the bullet would actually leave the barrel and if it even by some chance did leave the barrel, how could he know it would strike the "so-called victim" at whom he was aiming and cause his death. 

This is a travesty - My client is innocent and even if he wasn't innocent - he's still innocent.

The best definition of truth and postmodernism to date

14 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

The sad part is that this is not an uncommon defense ploy because most people (on juries) are too fucking stupid to not believe it.  If it didn't work to a good degree, it wouldn't be used.

11 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I reckon as long as Juicy and his team of legal eagles keep perpetuating the myth of the great Chi-Town MAGA Attack the thread will be updated.

You're the only one who cares.  This hasn't been in the news in months.  Not sure what your agenda is, but is it better suited for a Pitt or Auburn board?

11 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I reckon as long as Juicy and his team of legal eagles keep perpetuating the myth of the great Chi-Town MAGA Attack the thread will be updated.

Yeah, see you're not supposed to do that.  He can act the ass, and lie all he wants, and if you call him out you're a bigoted racist. Jussie is the gift that keeps on giving.  He and Pete rose should get together, and compare notes.

Just now, Pancho said:

You're the only one who cares.  This hasn't been in the news in months.  Not sure what your agenda is, but is it better suited for a Pitt or Auburn board?

Say what ?  You do know this is a social media site, and what Jussie, and his legal team have been doing is pretty much part of social media.  Why is it taboo to discuss it now ?  Is it not allowed to point out the total and utter dishonest, idiocy of what he's doing ?

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If we didn't have this thread about the fake Chi-Town MAGA attack, there would be nothing to distract attention from the actual, real, El Paso MAGA attack.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If you don't care I'd say you don't have to open the thread, right? And they filed their motion late Tuesday, so that's why there was an update. If Juicy and his team did not file the motion there would have been no update. It's pretty simple.

And, am I allowed here if, as I explained on the other site, Texas is, and always has been, my #3 team?

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

If we didn't have this thread about the fake Chi-Town MAGA attack, there would be nothing to distract attention from the actual, real, El Paso MAGA attack.

Yup, no updates from @PittsburghTigeron the active shooter threads or the right wing extremism thread of violence, even though those are more recent.  

I haven't seen Juicy Smoll-yay news in the media in months, yet he's the only person updating this thread.  I'm guessing Fox News keeps up with this??? (I definitely don't watch Fox News)

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It is in the news and it will continue to be in the news as long as Juicy and his crew keep doubling down on their lie that this attack really happened. If you don't care, then why click on this thread?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

If you don't care I'd say you don't have to open the thread, right? And they filed their motion late Tuesday, so that's why there was an update. If Juicy and his team did not file the motion there would have been no update. It's pretty simple.

And, am I allowed here if, as I explained on the other site, Texas is, and always has been, my #3 team?

Ahh, Texas is my #1, #2, and #3 team. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

He’s starting an important dialogue.

It is actually very interesting because it shows the warped perception of racism in this country. There is racism everywhere, however, it’s not in the streets the way these people believe. 

Racist people aren’t going to pour bleach on you, partly because they don’t want to get bleach on their clothes but mostly because there are few people, even amongst the worst groups in our society, who express themselves that way.

As Americans we like our racism passive aggressive and simmering lightly beneath the surface. We don’t mind if Becky fuck black guys, just if she starts a family with one. And even then, no racist is going to burn a cross in their yard, they will will get raised eyebrows and “yikes” looks between onlookers. 

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

It is actually very interesting because it shows the warped perception of racism in this country. There is racism everywhere, however, it’s not in the streets the way these people believe. 

Racist people aren’t going to pour bleach on you, partly because they don’t want to get bleach on their clothes but mostly because there are few people, even amongst the worst groups in our society, who express themselves that way.

As Americans we like our racism passive aggressive and simmering lightly beneath the surface. We don’t mind if Becky fuck black guys, just if she starts a family with one. And even then, no racist is going to burn a cross in their yard, they will will get raised eyebrows and “yikes” looks between onlookers. 

There are all sorts of racist people in the USA.  Some of the biggest ones aren’t white.  

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

raising your eyebrows at shit is part of being human and there’s not a goddamn thing wrong with it as long as you treat people with respect.