Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6912729/amp/Carefree-Jussie-Smollett-laughs-Hawaii-beach-having-charges-dropped.html

I'm not sure why I keep coming back to this thread to post updates to show how much of a priveleged, self-entitled, remorseless, no talent piece of shit this guy is. 

I have zero political agenda behind this at all. I guess I just want to beleive that there is still some decency, accountability and justice that exists within this country yet this preening, clown-fuck toolbag treats everything like it's a joke.

I can't even say I'm mad. I barely care what happens to him or his trial. It just disappoints me as someone that really hopes that we as a society are better than shit like this.

• Like 1

Is perjury in a civil trial as serious a matter as it would be in a criminal trial? If the results of a civil trial are usually monetary in nature, can lying during the trial result in jail time or additional financial judgements? 

Edited by Blotto

54 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You are young. As such you still have hope that the world isn't predominantly sums bags, idiots and assholes.

You'll grow out of it.

There's no need for ageist patrinization; you're better than that. I'm well past the point of recognition and derision of the general idiocy of the current populace.

There's a marked difference between falling prey to the superficial, idealist candyland that attempts to blind us, and rejecting that manipulated hierarchy to yearn for something more - something intrinsic as it relates to the true calling of our species.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

You are young. As such you still have hope that the world isn't predominantly sums bags, idiots and assholes.

You'll grow out of it.

Ironic to have a misspelling in a post like this. 

There’s not many people (% wise I mean) that just set out to do bad/destructive things. There’s also not many people that set out to do good things. Most everyone in the world acts out of self-interest. What do I need to do to better my position in life or get what I want.  That’s all there is to it. 

Its also hilarious that Smollett is what destroyed ztejas’ faith in humanity. Not the violence of early human history, not slavery, not the world wars, not 9/11, not the thousands upon thousands of rapes and murders that happen in America every year. Just yesterday an 18 year old in San Antonio beat his mom over the head with a baseball bat & slit her throat to finish her off. He then stole her purse & car and left her to bleed out on her kitchen floor. But this attention-whore faking a hate crime is some testament to the ills of society. It’s kind of amazing how deeply this case bothers some of you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

There’s not many people (% wise I mean) that just set out to do bad/destructive things. There’s also not many people that set out to do good things. Most everyone in the world acts out of self-interest. What do I need to do to better my position in life or get what I want.  That’s all there is to it. 

Its also hilarious that Smollett is what destroyed ztejas’ faith in humanity. Not the violence of early human history, not slavery, not the world wars, not 9/11, not the thousands upon thousands of rapes and murders that happen in America every year. Just yesterday an 18 year old in San Antonio beat his mom over the head with a baseball bat & slit her throat to finish her off. He then stole her purse & car and left her to bleed out on her kitchen floor. But this attention-whore faking a hate crime is some testament to the ills of society. It’s kind of amazing how deeply this case bothers some of you.

* there are        * there are

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6912729/amp/Carefree-Jussie-Smollett-laughs-Hawaii-beach-having-charges-dropped.html

I'm not sure why I keep coming back to this thread to post updates to show how much of a priveleged, self-entitled, remorseless, no talent piece of shit this guy is. 

I have zero political agenda behind this at all. I guess I just want to beleive that there is still some decency, accountability and justice that exists within this country yet this preening, clown-fuck toolbag treats everything like it's a joke.

I can't even say I'm mad. I barely care what happens to him or his trial. It just disappoints me as someone that really hopes that we as a society are better than shit like this.

lol

I never realized his background until watching this, wacky. I guess he was losing too bad in the victim Olympics after all. I thought he was directed by his political friends at first, since they had a prepared statement to go along with his story...that aligned with their proposed legislation... but I think he's just a totally inept shithead and nobody told him to do this.

On 4/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, Helobious said:

I seriously doubt you have any idea how "deeply" this case actually bothers folks around here.

I doubt anyone here is going through his day preoccupied with Jussie Smollet.  But we're sitting here, fucking around on Surly, and it's a topic.  So opinions get expressed.

What's interesting to me is that you referred to "violence of early human history, not slavery, not the world wars, not 9/11" etc, as if those examples represent what really ought to be the basis for a pessimistic view of human society.  

Those things are absolutely the source of my faith in humanity, given that we've evolved to rid our society of such evils to the extent we can/have.  The changes we've made in the last 150 years, with respect to evils we no longer tolerate, is truly inspiring.

Cases like this serve as a focal point because they're a reminder that we still have a long way to go.

New text messages reveal that Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx was meddling in the Jussie Smollett case weeks after she claimed she’d recused herself — complaining that the “washed up celeb” faced too many charges.

Foxx’s office issued a statement recusing her on Feb. 19, though it later claimed she “did not formally recuse herself.”

But in March 8 text messages released Tuesday as part of a FOIA request from The Post and other outlets, Foxx tells First Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Joe Magats, who took over the case for her, that “I’m recused” — then went on to complain that the “Empire” star had been charged with too many crimes.

“Sooo …… I’m recused, but when people accuse us of overcharging cases … 16 counts on a class 4 becomes exhibit A,” Foxx wrote at the start of the exchange.

“Yes. I can see where that can be seen as excessive,” Magats replied.

Foxx then apparently compares Smollett’s 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for lying to cops to singer R. Kelly’s 10 felony sex-abuse charges.

“Pedophile with victims 10 counts. Washed up celeb who lied to cops, 16. On a case eligible for deferred prosecution I think it’s indicative of something we should be looking at generally,” Foxx continued.

“Just because we can charge something doesn’t mean we should.”

“Agreed,” Magats answered. “I’ll get with Risa and Jim. With him taking over we can take a hard look at how we charge the cases and get it to something that covers what needs to be covered without being excessive and ultimately pointless.”

He was likely referring to Assistant State’s Attorney Risa Lanier, though it was not immediately clear who Jim is.

“Yeah…it’s not who we want to be,” Foxx responded.

To which Magats replied: “For sure.”

Just more than two weeks later on March 26, prosecutors announced they would drop all charges against Smollett — though Magats admitted, “I do not believe he is innocent.”

The texts are among dozens sent between Foxx and Magats after Foxx claimed she stepped away from the case.

In a March 1 message, Foxx asks Magats, “How was this morning’s meeting? I’m free for a call.”

Then on March 3, Foxx got a call from a famous lawyer who was coming to join the case. 

“…….. so Michael Avenatti reached out. Apparently he’s coming in to represent the Nigerian brothers in Smollet. I gave him your office number,” MFoxx wrote in a text to Magats. 

“Thanks,” Magats replied.

Others were redacted — but Foxx’s office, which produced the files, did not always provide a reason.

In a statement Tuesday night, Foxx claimed she was speaking generally and not about Smollett’s case.

“After the indictment became public, I reached out to Joe to discuss reviewing office policies to assure consistencies in our charging and our use of appropriate charging authority,” the statement said.

Other texts showed prosecutors were blindsided by the response they got following their decision to drop the charges.

“Just wish I could have anticipated the magnitude of this response and planned a bit better!” Lanier wrote in a March 26 text to Magats.

“There’s really no planning for this. It’s the right decision,” Magats replied.

The trove of documents released also shows that, two days before charges were dropped, prosecutors received letters of support for Smollett from the Black AIDS Institute, Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and The City Lights Orchestra, citing his activism and community service.

The city of Chicago is suing Smollett for refusing to repay taxpayers for the $130,000 in overtime payments made to police officers who investigated his alleged hoax.

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/16/kim-foxx-meddled-in-jussie-smollett-case-weeks-after-recusing-herself-texts-show/

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

She also seems to think that 14 counts of whatever against smollet is worse than 10 counts of stat rape or whatever it was they charged r Kelly with, because 14>10. 

Yeah, we don't want to overcharge him so let's just drop ALL the charges. Okay....

• Like 1

Jussie Smollett's brother says the "Empire" star has been suffering from "night terrors" in the aftermath of his alleged assault.

In an essay for BET, Jojo Smollett writes, "Jussie is as strong as iron, but following an attack like this, there is a normal and natural amount of post trauma that mostly anyone should expect to suffer. I have literally seen him violently awakening from night terrors, following the assault. Some of my siblings, as well as Jussie's partner and closest friends have seen similar things."

Jojo said claims that his brother "staged" the late night attack in Chicago are "ludicrous" and blasted the "bandwagon" who believe that the attack was planned.

He continued, "I am simply hoping there are some conscious-minded people out there who, instead of carelessly victim blaming and shaming, want to loudly ask the simple question: 'What if Jussie is telling the truth?'"

Jussie Smollett wearing a suit and tie: Jussie Smollett attends the Black AIDS Institute's Heroes in the Struggle Gala in Los Angeles on Dec. 1, 2018.© Scott Kirkland/REX/Shutterstock Jussie Smollett attends the Black AIDS Institute's Heroes in the Struggle Gala in Los Angeles on Dec. 1, 2018.

On March 26, the criminal case against Jussie -- for allegedly lying to police about an alleged racial and homophobic attack -- was dropped. He was facing 16 felonies, to which he previously pleaded not guilty.

The same day that BET published Jojo's essay, a spokesperson for Jussie told the Chicago Sun-Times that the actor was doing "pretty well."

"He is focusing on his work here in L.A.," the spokesperson added. "But he understands many people still have doubts. But he hopes once all the information comes out, he will be vindicated in the minds of the public."

EXCLUSIVE: Empire co-creator Lee Daniels told a New York City morning show Wednesday that the fate of Jussie Smollett on the Fox hit is “in discussions” right now, but Taraji P. Henson, Terrence Howard and the rest of the series’ top cast have already made their decision.

“Together, as a united front, we stand with Jussie Smollett and ask that our co-star, brother and friend be brought back for our sixth season of Empire,” the Oscar nominees and the rest of the portrayers of the Lyon clan wrote in an April 19 letter obtained by Deadline that was sent to Fox Entertainment CEO Charlie Collier, DisneyTV Studios and ABC Entertainment chair Dana Walden, Fox Entertainment president Michael Thorn, Daniels, Empire co-creator Danny Strong and various executive producers on the series. (Read the full letter below.)

https://deadline.com/2019/04/empire-cast-crew-letter-jussie-smolett-return-fox-disney-1202601208/

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Taraji P. Henson, Terrence Howard and the rest of the series’ top cast have already made their decision.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

“Together, as a united front, we stand with Jussie Smollett and ask that our co-star, brother and friend be brought back for our sixth season of Empire,”

giphy.gif

• Like 1

It seems hard to believe that he might still have his job after this.  There is NO ONE other than maybe his mother who believes a noose was hung around his neck by MAGA hat wearing Illinois rednecks.  Bizzaro world full of hypocrites

21 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Are there really people out there that truly believe he was mugged and beaten?

I don’t think there is anyone with two brain cells that actually believe him. I think there are a lot of people who will suspend their common sense and integrity to support him because doing so supports the narrative they chose to believe. 

The more I think about it the more I think it’s a certainty that he’s back on the show. There is more than enough reason to think he concocted this scheme to justify firing. The fact that it hasn’t been done suggests to me that they are waiting for the hysteria to settle and for social media to go onto the next outrage of the week.  He’ll quietly be allowed to resume his career with relatively little repercussions for staging a hate crime.  

Edited by Lhorn