Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

6 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Of course you do. Somewhere out there are racist POS in MAGA hats plotting an attack against the next victim. Yet, no one seems to care about that aspect. For all we know, it could be the same people that framed OJ. If you can sleep soundly, I envy you.

Something that makes me question those who have a hard time coming to grips with the existence of white nationalist violence. Almost like they are sympathize with it. 

55 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Something that makes me question those who have a hard time coming to grips with the existence of white nationalist violence. Almost like they are sympathize with it. 

Have you witnessed much of this?

I'm sure it happens somewhere from time to time, but I don't see it near the top of our nation's more pressing problems.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

white nationalist violence has this country by the balls and will destroy it.  fully agree, fully agree.  you’re a very smart man. 

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Yeah, it just seems you want them to get away with this. Maybe you should dress in blackface, and buy a sub sandwich during the next time hell freezes over, and see if you can capture those two white nationalist. Just make sure you just don't use a check for your hate crime against you.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Yeah, like I believe this, but...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/415576-internal-memo-shows-states-attorneys-office-now-asking-employees-for-examples-of-dismissals-they-can-compare-to-smolletts/

internal memo shows Foxxy asking for other examples where they did the same thing. was he a first-time offender? he had another incident where he provided false statements to police, right?

Edited by PittsburghTiger

4 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Of course you do. Somewhere out there are racist POS in MAGA hats plotting an attack against the next victim. Yet, no one seems to care about that aspect. For all we know, it could be the same people that framed OJ. If you can sleep soundly, I envy you.

I too was waiting for McFakey to pledge to go "find the real killers." I was not sure what was crazier, the fact that the guy went all in on his bullshit or that he suddenly is no longer outraged about being attacked. Privilege is a bitch.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

white nationalist violence has this country by the balls and will destroy it.  fully agree, fully agree.  you’re a very smart man. 

Yep.  The biggest threat to the safety of minorities are whites.  I mean look up the stats.  It’s a holocaust of violence by whites against minorities.  A black male walking through a white neighborhood has a much better chance of being attacked than vice versus.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 3/26/2019 at 2:32 PM, Laxtonto said:

Damn...

No wonder CPD is pissed. This was a slam dunk show trial for them for easy good publicity 

Am I reading that correctly?  Two Nigerian guys wearing MAGA hats and carrying rope and a bottle of bleach, not only got in an Uber, but then later took a cab?

Bunch of fucking masterminds...

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yep.  The biggest threat to the safety of minorities are whites.  I mean look up the stats.  It’s a holocaust of violence by whites against minorities.  A black male walking through a white neighborhood has a much better chance of being attacked than vice versus.  

You're talking about a very vocal part of the country that are basically Vic's POF friends and CNN is their Golden Corral, feeding them chocolate (noracist) fountains of Kavanaugh is a rapist, Covington kids attacked poor Indian five-star general, O.J. Smollet got attacked, RUSSIAN HACKERS! Even if they know it is bad, they've already paid and want their money's worth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

New Orleans would like a word with you.

Bring your own shovel and a bunch of Federal funding.

Note: Having lived in Chicago for nearly a decade, I'm certainly not defending the city nor saying they aren't corrupt as fucking hell.

But they are number 2 in the corruption rankings. 

Honolulu would be #3 at lowest.  

36 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Ohh noes, the police were reporting one sided evidence.......  How dare they report just the facts of the case...

Facts schmacts....  Jussie wouldn't do that. Those MAGA fuckers are out there somewhere, just waiting for the next soon to be out of work, gay, black actor to walk into a Subway...They're probably shacking up with Nicole and Rons killers.

Jussie and OJ should team up on this one.....yeah, I know subtle like a Mack truck, but so is the behind the scenes bullshit going on to get him released, an the charges being dropped. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

Is anyone else fairly shocked at the, shall we say, lack of facility with the English language displayed by the Cook County State's Attorney in all this? Or am I just being a white supremacist again?  It's football player-level stuff, not lawyer level stuff and not district attorney for one of the largest jurisdictions in the US stuff.

16 hours community service on any kind of felony charge is insulting to people cornholed by the system anywhere.  White kids get more than 16 hours teen court for traffic tickets routinely.

Edited by TwiceHorn

19 hours ago, Augustus said:

Do you believe he should have been prosecuted?

I think there are a number of people in this thread who are acting inconsistently with how they have acted in other threads with the only differences being the suspected "team" of the alleged perpetrator and the color of their skin.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

I think there are a number of people in this thread who are acting inconsistently with how they have acted in other threads with the only differences being the suspected "team" of the alleged perpetrator and the color of their skin.  

If you haven't recognized that the vast majority of folks on either side of the political aisle are notorious for double-standards, then you don't pay much attention to such things, which I commend you for.

The two sides have some policy disagreements.  They're exactly alike in every other respect, including hypocrisy and self righteousness.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Augustus said:

If you haven't recognized that the vast majority of folks on either side of the political aisle are notorious for double-standards, then you don't pay much attention to such things, which I commend you for.

The two sides have some policy disagreements.  They're exactly alike in every other respect, including hypocrisy and self righteousness.

Side 1: A summary of evidence that we haven't seen says that the alleged perpetrator hasn't been exonerated.  "No evidence!"  "Complete exoneration!"

Also Side 1: A summary of evidence that we haven't seen says that the alleged perpetrator hasn't been exonerated.  "Cover up!"  "Send him to jail!" "He's clearly guilty."

Side 2: "Well that's inconsistent."

Augustus: "Both sides are the same."

• Fuck You 4

40 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Side 1: A summary of evidence that we haven't seen says that the alleged perpetrator hasn't been exonerated.  "No evidence!"  "Complete exoneration!"

Also Side 1: A summary of evidence that we haven't seen says that the alleged perpetrator hasn't been exonerated.  "Cover up!"  "Send him to jail!" "He's clearly guilty."

Side 2: "Well that's inconsistent."

Augustus: "Both sides are the same."

This is just disingenuous.

With respect to side one, there was absence of evidence for a crime.  No one can prove a negative, so of course it doesn't exonerate him.  But after 2 years of exhaustive investigation employing the full apparati of the US intelligence and investigative services, there's no evidence that the crime occurred.

Side 2:  The bond proffer, and now 60 pages of investigative work, have been released to the public, providing overwhelming evidence that the defendant is guilty as hell, and furthermore the defendant, unlike the subject of the the Side 1 investigation, had been indicted on 16 felony counts.  

With respect to my accusation that both sides are the same, you're proving my point.  Double standards exist on both sides, rampantly.

Also disingenuousness, as evidenced by trying to draw a straight line comparison between these two situations. It's a false equivalency, a deliberate fallacy of logic.

And it's exhausting.

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

YES!! Jussie nominated for NAACP Image Award!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

Maybe if he loses, he'll claim that the really won, but then two Nigerian MAGA white dudes beat him up and took it.

Oh, BTW, his lawyer is claiming that now Jussie thought that those Nigerian guys were really white dudes because... Get ready for it... they were wearing white makeup!

Now THAT should win a nomination for an NAACP image award!  Or New York times best fiction! Awesome!

Edited by phdhorn

4 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

YES!! Jusse nominated for NAACP Image Award!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

Maybe if he loses, he'll claim that the really one, but then two Nigerian MAGA white dudes beat him up and took it.

Oh, BTW, his lawyer is claiming that now Jussie thought that those Nigerian guys were really white dudes because... Get ready for it... they were wearing white makeup!

Now THAT should win a nomination for an NAACP image award!  Or New York times best fiction! Awesome!

Ya just can't write better fiction than this...... or comedy.

IMO Jussie will become a revered actor/activist to the people that populate the entertainment industry. His press conferences indicate that he really doesn’t give a fuck about what non stooges think. They were never his target anyway. He’ll be okay, he’s been touched.

Good call. :-)

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

This is just disingenuous.

With respect to side one, there was absence of evidence for a crime.  No one can prove a negative, so of course it doesn't exonerate him.  But after 2 years of exhaustive investigation employing the full apparati of the US intelligence and investigative services, there's no evidence that the crime occurred.

Side 2:  The bond proffer, and now 60 pages of investigative work, have been released to the public, providing overwhelming evidence that the defendant is guilty as hell, and furthermore the defendant, unlike the subject of the the Side 1 investigation, had been indicted on 16 felony counts.  

With respect to my accusation that both sides are the same, you're proving my point.  Double standards exist on both sides, rampantly.

Also disingenuousness, as evidenced by trying to draw a straight line comparison between these two situations. It's a false equivalency, a deliberate fallacy of logic.

And it's exhausting.

You're proving my point when you say there's no evidence the crime occurred.  That's not what Barr said, and we certainly haven't seen the report in order to come to that conclusion.  You're also completely ignoring the obstruction of justice analysis and the cases that have been sent to other offices.  You're also conflating an indictment with guilt.  A trial establishes guilt, not an indictment.  You pick and choose facts on both sides in order to come to two different conclusions based upon your preconceived biases when in reality the conclusion should be "we don't have enough information."  

• Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Maybe if he loses, he'll claim that the really won, but then two Nigerian MAGA white dudes beat him up and took it.

That is fucking awesome!

Smollett is nominated for the 2019 NAACP Image Awards, scheduled for Saturday. Six-time host and "Black-ish" star Anthony Anderson told Variety on Wednesday that he hopes to see the controversial actor there.

“I hope he wins," Anderson added. "I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color. So I’m glad it worked out for him." 

Wait, shouldn't the lawyer be outraged that the two black guys were in WhiteFace?

Edited by PittsburghTiger

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Receipts or it didn't happen

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

Well, he’s a lawyer, so... This is more horseshit than OJ.

Yeah, its what they do, how they make their living way too often. It's insulting to read something like that, because either they don't care or they think they're actually making people believe them.

The Chicago PD must be beside themselves.

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

These people need to learn to STFU and go away and pray this blows over. They keep opening the wound.

That is the sane response. But "NBC called for an interview and I don't want to miss the opportunity to get my name and face on TV again" takes over and here we are. 

It's the Trump model of PR. 

Agreed.  His attorney has not him any favors.   If she was truly acting in her client's best interest her only public comment should have been something to the effect that "my client is happy to put this all behind him and we will have no more public comments on the matter."  Instead she is constantly twisting the knife practically begging for the feds to bring charges.  Which of course would just be more time in the spotlight for her.

This seems unusual:

http://www.ilpba.org/announcements/7249825

IPBA STATEMENT ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE DISMISSAL

28 Mar 2019 2:49 PM | Anonymous

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association serves as the voice for nearly 1,000 front line prosecutors across the State who work tirelessly towards the pursuit of justice.  The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State.  Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received.  Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal. 

The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here. 

When an elected State’s Attorney recuses herself from a prosecution, Illinois law provides that the court shall appoint a special prosecutor.  See 55 ILCS 5/3-9008(a-15).  Typically, the special prosecutor is a neighboring State’s Attorney, the Attorney General, or the State Appellate Prosecutor.  Here, the State’s Attorney kept the case within her office and thus never actually recused herself as a matter of law.

Additionally, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was “mandatory” under Illinois law.  This statement is not accurate.  To the extent the case was even eligible for an immediate seal, that action was discretionary, not mandatory, and only upon the proper filing of a petition to seal.  See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(g)(2).  For seals not subject to Section 5.2(g)(2), the process employed in this case by the State’s Attorney effectively denied law enforcement agencies of legally required Notice (See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(d)(4)) and the legal opportunity to object to the sealing of the file (See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(d)(5)).  The State’s Attorney not only declined to fight the sealing of this case in court, but then provided false information to the public regarding it.

The appearance of impropriety here is compounded by the fact that this case was not on the regularly scheduled court call, the public had no reasonable notice or opportunity to view these proceedings, and the dismissal was done abruptly at what has been called an “emergency” hearing.  To date, the nature of the purported emergency has not been publicly disclosed.  The sealing of a court case immediately following a hearing where there was no reasonable notice or opportunity for the public to attend is a matter of grave public concern and undermines the very foundation of our public court system. 

Lastly, the State’s Attorney has claimed this arrangement is “available to all defendants” and “not a new or unusual practice.”  There has even been an implication it was done in accordance with a statutory diversion program.  These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate.  This action was highly unusual, not a statutory diversion program, and not in accordance with well accepted practices of State’s Attorney initiated diversionary programs.  The IPBA supports diversion programs, and recognizes the many benefits they provide to the community, the defendant and to the prosecuting agency.  Central to any diversion program, however, is that the defendant must accept responsibility.  To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution. 

Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard of legal ethics in the pursuit of justice.  The actions of the Cook County State’s Attorney have fallen woefully short of this expectation.  Through the repeated misleading and deceptive statements to the public on Illinois law and circumstances surrounding the Smollett dismissal, the State’s Attorney has failed in her most fundamental ethical obligations to the public.  The IPBA condemns these actions.

This irregular arrangement was an affront to prosecutors across the State, the Chicago Police Department, victims of hate crimes, and the people of the City of Chicago and Cook County.  We strongly encourage our members and the public to review the National District Attorneys Associations statement on prosecutorial best practices in high profile cases.

Best Regards,

Lee Roupas
President,
Illinois Prosecutor’s Bar Association

• Like 3