Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

On 5/11/2020 at 10:02 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Funny, reading about Amari Daniels, I'd have thought dude was a high four star, 97-98 style recruit. Nope, just a barely composite 4 star that 247 has ranked as an 87. Never change, Perroni. 

Might not be a composite 4* anymore.  He just dropped 63 spots on the new Rivals 250.

• Like 1

Almost every OOS commit Jimbo takes is already on a downward trajectory, because they peaked sophomore year and are now being passed by all the regional schools. 

Of course, aggy will never figure this out and will cry out about the rankings injustices being perpetrated in them, but that just means lots of good entertainment for us. 

13 hours ago, Getafix said:

But Saban loves him!  So - just watch. the. tape.

(Bama did offer him - whatever that means.  Most of his other major offers appear to be from early 2019.)

If his 40 time is not representative, maybe he's a big-gish back worth considering for them, as an RB2?  Who knows. 

They went toe to toe, traded blows with Bama and took a recruit from their backyard in SEC country. This is gonna cause more sleepless nights for Saban as he has to worry about Jimbo in his own state. 

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, golfclap said:

that's ktown. I long held a suspicion that he was satya but I was told he's not. He is a complete fuckface. 

Bold of you to assume I'd willingly talk to those goobers.

I think ktown has a son/nephew or someone who attends A&M.

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Bold of you to assume I'd willingly talk to those goobers.

I think ktown has a son/nephew or someone who attends A&M.

Is it though? Or is it the most logical assumption that you would associate with people who view our program relatively similarly as yourself? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Is it though? Or is it the most logical assumption that you would associate with people who view our program relatively similarly as yourself? 

He was suspiciously quiet when his usual boner talking points of LB and DFW recruiting were blown up in one single commit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Predicting O'Neal is "encouraged" to declare for the draft next year like Renfro this year

Hide contents

EX1v3OMWkAA2m5A?format=png&name=360x360EX1v3xuXYAI1gSh?format=jpg&name=360x360EX1v4TrXsAE8p8-?format=png&name=360x360

Listen, I appreciate this. But don't come back here without screenshots of them going apeshit over Rivals and Stowers, please. 

Fucking Machinator. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.png

I mean, Haynes King shot up after killing it at camps, well after the season was over and Longview won a State Championship.

edit: here are the composite changes - https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Haynes-King-at-Longview-218767/RecruitRankHistory/?history=composite

• 9/28 - 526
  • 1/19 - 327
  • 2/19 - 165
  • 3/19 - 158
  • 4/19 - 109
  • 5/19 - 108
  • 6/19 - 79
  • 7/19 - 78
  • 8/19 - 25
  • 9/19 - 26
  • 10/19 - 48
  • 11/19 - 51
  • 12/19 - 73
  • 1/20 - 130

Edited by NoName

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

2:05p 

Staff

- Texas A&M hosted St James (LA) DE Saivion Jones yesterday on a virtual visit. According to a source, the conversations between Jones and the Aggies has gone well, and the interactive tour, like it has for most of the prospects that have experienced it, was a big hit. It sounds like it was relayed to Jones just how highly the A&M staff thinks of him and his game. I do think Mike Elko and company are playing from behind though. LSU and Alabama are the perceived leaders, and my guess as I sit here today is that he winds up in Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. 

- Another name in the state of the Louisiana that continues to stay in regular contact with the Aggies is University Lab safety Jardin Gilbert. We haven't written too much about Gilbert up to this point, but a contact that I spoke with yesterday seemed to think A&M is right in the thick of it for the 6-1, 180 pounder. We need to make sure we continue to mention him as a possibility on the board at safety. 

- Staying on the back end of Mike Elko's defense, a Florida source that has a good pulse on the recruiting activity in the Sunshine State told me he believed it was going to be very tough to pull Tallahassee (FL) product Terrion Arnoldout of state. He's still in talks with A&M, but it sounds like it's currently trending elsewhere. My guy did say however that the Aggies are doing very well with Kamren Kinchens down in south Florida. Auburn had made a big push recently, and the Tigers seem to be battling it out for that top spot with A&M. I was told that the coaching staff's ties to the area coupled with the steady effort by Mike Elko and the influence of Donell Harris were all key contributors in the Ags' recent momentum. 

- I spoke with Katy Taylor OL Bryce Foster for a bit. We didn't get into recruiting too much, but he did fill me in on some interesting details. He said he had gotten too heavy around the beginning of the year and has been working to shed some of that unwanted weight. He said he's down nearly 50 pounds since February and is running in the 4.8 range. He even joked that he wanted to get a couple of carries this fall and would be working on the coaches there at Katy Taylor to make it happen. 

- Staying at OL, I haven't heard anything relatively new surrounding the recruitment of priority tackle prospect Reuben Fatheree from Richmond Foster. I do know he's stayed in regular contact with multiple members of the A&M staff, and the current feel of the recruitment hasn't ever wavered too far away from the Maroon & White. While the 6-8, 305 pounder isn't a big talker, he is a big influence. He and his family are widely respected in the football circles of greater Houston and even around the state. The last time I spoke with the kid, he mentioned he didn't have a set date for a decision, but he felt like it would happen sometime in the summer or before the season. To this point, the NCAA has yet to rule on what the summer calendar will look like in terms of on campus visits. It'll be interesting to see if that decision could speed up or slow down Fatheree's timeline. 

- I got a report on Lucedale (MS) ATH MJ Daniels yesterday, and it sounded like Lane Kiffin and company are doing a good job of keeping him in the boat after rumors swirled about him decommitting from the Rebels. I don't think the Aggies are going to throw in the towel here, but it could be more of a marathon than what many thought might turn into an all out sprint this summer. 

- We are continuing to keep an eye on Frisco Independence S Caleb Ellis in terms of a potential offer. A&M is definitely keeping tabs on him to the point where I wonder if his name isn't first on the list to come to campus as soon as that is feasible. 

Liucci

4:02p, 5/11/20 

Staff

AG

Billy Bowman as the No 5 ranked player in the state per rivals is actually laughable. Compare him to Deuce Harmon. Now go look at the disparity in ranking. Same district.

I would say the same when it comes Milroe at 10 and Stowers at like 24 or wherever he is. How??? Look at what they did as juniors, look at their measurables/intangibles. Rank either guy higher and I'm not really going to because both are damn good but the gap (especially in the national rankings) is laughable. 

Same thing last year with Hudson Card and Haynes King. Folks don't want to address this but it's pretty obvious.

By Olin Buchanan

Once again that time has arrived when hot air gusts, annoying pests emerge and fatigue quickly sets in.

We are, of course, referring to the Texas Longhorns’ annual summer attempt to pressure Texas A&M into renewing the football series that ended in 2012 — at the Longhorns’ behest.

This year, the hot air and pests came early in the form of self-serving, sophomoric and contradictory statements from Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte on the tired, old subject of renewing the Texas A&M-Texas football series. He referenced several college football rivalries and said not playing those games makes no sense.

Makes no sense? Kind of like one college football program starting its own television network or demanding conference-generated revenue should not be evenly distributed among teams in that conference?

That makes about as much sense as a 10-team conference calling itself the Big 12.

Further, Del Conte said: “My goal is to play anyone that’s won a national championship in the modern era as part of our non-conference schedule.”

Texas is like that psychotic significant other from a past toxic relationship. You put up with their high-maintenance, selfish drama for way too long and then finally leave.

That was interpreted nationally as a shot at A&M, which we all know has not won a national title since 1939.

That’s fine. A&M continues to focus on the future rather than the past.

But if Del Conte is taking shots at A&M through the media, why is he also whining about A&M’s disinterest in playing Texas?

Texas is like that unbalanced significant other from a past toxic relationship. You put up with their high-maintenance, selfish drama for way too long and then finally leave.

The psycho ex eventually begs you to come back. But you realize it’s not hard to make a list of at least 10 reasons not to go back.

10) Texas ended the series: When A&M moved to the Southeastern Conference in 2012, then-Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said: “They left. They’re the ones that decided not to play us.” That’s simply not true. A&M wanted the series to continue. That would’ve been possible, too. Florida faces Florida State. Georgia faces Georgia Tech. Kentucky faces Louisville. South Carolina faces Clemson. The series could’ve continued despite A&M’s move; Texas didn’t want to play the Aggies.

9) Don’t let Texas set terms: Dodds also went on to say: “We get to decide when we’ll play again.” Why? Why would Texas think it gets to decide? That demonstrated Texas felt it still had the ability to assert control over A&M. No thanks.

8) Texas encouraged Big 12 teams not to schedule A&M: Following A&M’s move, DeLoss reportedly encouraged other Big 12 athletic programs not to schedule Texas A&M in any sport. That in itself is sufficient reason not to schedule Texas.

7) Don’t be manipulated: Unaccustomed to not getting what it wants, Texas has attempted to pressure A&M through media. That includes many reporters with ties to Texas, Texas officials, fans and other media accusing A&M of “ducking” Texas while conveniently overlooking the fact that A&M has scheduled much more successful programs like Clemson and Notre Dame. A&M should not bow to Texas’ strong-arm tactics.

6) A&M should set its own scheduling philosophy: A&M’s policy is to schedule one Power 5 opponent every season. That’s quite common. Every team in the SEC West Division has the same approach. In fact, that’s what Texas does. True, A&M plays four non-conference games, but A&M shouldn’t be expected to change its philosophy to satisfy Texas.

Lia Musgrave, TexAgs

Scheduling different opponents allows Aggies to travel. Texas A&M made the trip to Clemson just last year.

5) Better road trips: Except for the traffic and vagrants, Austin is a fun city. Aggies can go there any time they want. Scheduling different Power 5 opponents allows Aggies to visit other towns and stadiums. A&M has played at Clemson and UCLA. In upcoming seasons, A&M will travel to Colorado, Miami, Notre Dame and Arizona State. Here’s hoping teams like Wisconsin, Penn State and Washington appear on A&M’s future schedules. Maryland would be good, too. Even Texas fans would agree Maryland is a tough opponent.

4) Better opponents: Frankly, A&M is scheduling better Power 5 opponents than Texas. Since 2012 when A&M left for the SEC, the majority of A&M’s Power 5 non-conference opponents are more successful than Texas.

The Longhorns are 58-45 since 2012 (a 56.3 win percentage). In the same span, Clemson is 101-12 (89.3 percent), Notre Dame is 76-27 (73.7 percent), Miami is 62-40 (60.7 percent), Arizona State is 61-43 (58.6 percent). Even UCLA (54-48, 52.9 percent) is at least comparable.

That proves the “A&M is ducking Texas” narrative is completely asinine.

3) National brand: A&M is looking to expand its national brand. Therefore, scheduling nationwide makes perfect sense. It seems to be helping in recruiting. A&M’s 2020 recruiting class had 14 players from out of state. The Aggies already have four out of state commitments in their 2021 class.

2) A&M doesn’t need to play Texas: A&M plays LSU, Alabama and Auburn every year. In some seasons they play the likes of Georgia, Florida and Tennessee from the SEC East. Unlike Texas, whose schedule as it stands typically features one marquee home game every other year since the OU game is in Dallas, there is no shortage of marquee games on A&M’s schedule or high-profile opponents coming to Kyle Field.

1) Texas wants it so bad: No more explanation is necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Bowman and Deuce Harmon. Wow. Fucking wow. Listen i don’t even think Deuce Harmon is that fucking good. He’s a take because this class is weak at DB. Bowman is an exception. Jesus their film looks about as alike as Bijan Robinson and Kyle Porter. Both played RB, allegedly. That’s about it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Bowman and Deuce Harmon. Wow. Fucking wow. Listen i don’t even think Deuce Harmon is that fucking good. He’s a take because this class is weak at DB. Bowman is an exception. Jesus their film looks about as alike as Bijan Robinson and Kyle Porter. Both played RB, allegedly. That’s about it. 

harmon’s tape is actually pretty good.  you continue to flaunt your blatant hypocrisy.  you’re like a longhorn liucci without your own website. 

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean Bowman is so good, he hardly leaves the field, but obviously there is some secret tape out there that only Looch has watched. So really who is the fool here?

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, but we’re they in the same district? 

THE SAME DISTRICT

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yes, but we’re they in the same district? 

THE SAME DISTRICT

That's the wild part. Guyer is a 6A team and Ryan is a 5A team. So ummm... no. They are not

ETA: the insanity doesn't end at rivals. Their treachery has seeped into 247 and ESPN where BB out grades DH 95 to 90 and 85 to 80, respectively.

Also, I think Deuce is good and hope he's in our class

and edited again... maybe they are in the same district? I guess I dont understand hs football anymore /mindblown

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

That's the wild part. Guyer is a 6A team and Ryan is a 5A team. So ummm... no. They are not

ETA: the insanity doesn't end at rivals. Their treachery has seeped into 247 and ESPN where BB out grades DH 95 to 90 and 85 to 80, respectively.

Also, I think Deuce is good and hope he's in our class

and edited again... maybe they are in the same district? I guess I dont understand hs football anymore /mindblown

edited after the buzzer ... I think article I'm reading means school district and not football district (which I suppose Looch could have meant). Feeling vindicated and overall pretty good about being on a different wavelength from that of Looch

I guess Terrion Arnold “basically living with Jimbo” for a few years wasn’t enough to sway him to aggy. Sounds like he’s headed to Bama. Scratch him from the aggy lock list. 

I’m sure they’ll talk about Kitchens from Miami Northwestern for a bit but I think they will likely fade there and the real battle will be for McMillon from PA. If he gets a commitable regional offer (or if OU actually takes him) aggy is gonna have go deeper into the TriState area for a true Elko NE sleeper. 

Haha Liucci is always so triggered at the BOMC. He’s still crying about Haynes fucking King? Dude blows.

And CDC straight up put Olin Buchanan on full tilt with his jab (which was true so probably why). All the lulz on that one. 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

2:05p 

Staff

- Texas A&M hosted St James (LA) DE Saivion Jones yesterday on a virtual visit. According to a source, the conversations between Jones and the Aggies has gone well, and the interactive tour, like it has for most of the prospects that have experienced it, was a big hit. It sounds like it was relayed to Jones just how highly the A&M staff thinks of him and his game. I do think Mike Elko and company are playing from behind though. LSU and Alabama are the perceived leaders, and my guess as I sit here today is that he winds up in Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. 

- Another name in the state of the Louisiana that continues to stay in regular contact with the Aggies is University Lab safety Jardin Gilbert. We haven't written too much about Gilbert up to this point, but a contact that I spoke with yesterday seemed to think A&M is right in the thick of it for the 6-1, 180 pounder. We need to make sure we continue to mention him as a possibility on the board at safety. 

- Staying on the back end of Mike Elko's defense, a Florida source that has a good pulse on the recruiting activity in the Sunshine State told me he believed it was going to be very tough to pull Tallahassee (FL) product Terrion Arnoldout of state. He's still in talks with A&M, but it sounds like it's currently trending elsewhere. My guy did say however that the Aggies are doing very well with Kamren Kinchens down in south Florida. Auburn had made a big push recently, and the Tigers seem to be battling it out for that top spot with A&M. I was told that the coaching staff's ties to the area coupled with the steady effort by Mike Elko and the influence of Donell Harris were all key contributors in the Ags' recent momentum. 

- I spoke with Katy Taylor OL Bryce Foster for a bit. We didn't get into recruiting too much, but he did fill me in on some interesting details. He said he had gotten too heavy around the beginning of the year and has been working to shed some of that unwanted weight. He said he's down nearly 50 pounds since February and is running in the 4.8 range. He even joked that he wanted to get a couple of carries this fall and would be working on the coaches there at Katy Taylor to make it happen. 

- Staying at OL, I haven't heard anything relatively new surrounding the recruitment of priority tackle prospect Reuben Fatheree from Richmond Foster. I do know he's stayed in regular contact with multiple members of the A&M staff, and the current feel of the recruitment hasn't ever wavered too far away from the Maroon & White. While the 6-8, 305 pounder isn't a big talker, he is a big influence. He and his family are widely respected in the football circles of greater Houston and even around the state. The last time I spoke with the kid, he mentioned he didn't have a set date for a decision, but he felt like it would happen sometime in the summer or before the season. To this point, the NCAA has yet to rule on what the summer calendar will look like in terms of on campus visits. It'll be interesting to see if that decision could speed up or slow down Fatheree's timeline. 

- I got a report on Lucedale (MS) ATH MJ Daniels yesterday, and it sounded like Lane Kiffin and company are doing a good job of keeping him in the boat after rumors swirled about him decommitting from the Rebels. I don't think the Aggies are going to throw in the towel here, but it could be more of a marathon than what many thought might turn into an all out sprint this summer. 

- We are continuing to keep an eye on Frisco Independence S Caleb Ellis in terms of a potential offer. A&M is definitely keeping tabs on him to the point where I wonder if his name isn't first on the list to come to campus as soon as that is feasible. 

Liucci

4:02p, 5/11/20 

Staff

AG

Billy Bowman as the No 5 ranked player in the state per rivals is actually laughable. Compare him to Deuce Harmon. Now go look at the disparity in ranking. Same district.

I would say the same when it comes Milroe at 10 and Stowers at like 24 or wherever he is. How??? Look at what they did as juniors, look at their measurables/intangibles. Rank either guy higher and I'm not really going to because both are damn good but the gap (especially in the national rankings) is laughable. 

Same thing last year with Hudson Card and Haynes King. Folks don't want to address this but it's pretty obvious.

By Olin Buchanan

Once again that time has arrived when hot air gusts, annoying pests emerge and fatigue quickly sets in.

We are, of course, referring to the Texas Longhorns’ annual summer attempt to pressure Texas A&M into renewing the football series that ended in 2012 — at the Longhorns’ behest.

This year, the hot air and pests came early in the form of self-serving, sophomoric and contradictory statements from Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte on the tired, old subject of renewing the Texas A&M-Texas football series. He referenced several college football rivalries and said not playing those games makes no sense.

Makes no sense? Kind of like one college football program starting its own television network or demanding conference-generated revenue should not be evenly distributed among teams in that conference?

That makes about as much sense as a 10-team conference calling itself the Big 12.

Further, Del Conte said: “My goal is to play anyone that’s won a national championship in the modern era as part of our non-conference schedule.”

Texas is like that psychotic significant other from a past toxic relationship. You put up with their high-maintenance, selfish drama for way too long and then finally leave.

That was interpreted nationally as a shot at A&M, which we all know has not won a national title since 1939.

That’s fine. A&M continues to focus on the future rather than the past.

But if Del Conte is taking shots at A&M through the media, why is he also whining about A&M’s disinterest in playing Texas?

Texas is like that unbalanced significant other from a past toxic relationship. You put up with their high-maintenance, selfish drama for way too long and then finally leave.

The psycho ex eventually begs you to come back. But you realize it’s not hard to make a list of at least 10 reasons not to go back.

10) Texas ended the series: When A&M moved to the Southeastern Conference in 2012, then-Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said: “They left. They’re the ones that decided not to play us.” That’s simply not true. A&M wanted the series to continue. That would’ve been possible, too. Florida faces Florida State. Georgia faces Georgia Tech. Kentucky faces Louisville. South Carolina faces Clemson. The series could’ve continued despite A&M’s move; Texas didn’t want to play the Aggies.

9) Don’t let Texas set terms: Dodds also went on to say: “We get to decide when we’ll play again.” Why? Why would Texas think it gets to decide? That demonstrated Texas felt it still had the ability to assert control over A&M. No thanks.

8) Texas encouraged Big 12 teams not to schedule A&M: Following A&M’s move, DeLoss reportedly encouraged other Big 12 athletic programs not to schedule Texas A&M in any sport. That in itself is sufficient reason not to schedule Texas.

7) Don’t be manipulated: Unaccustomed to not getting what it wants, Texas has attempted to pressure A&M through media. That includes many reporters with ties to Texas, Texas officials, fans and other media accusing A&M of “ducking” Texas while conveniently overlooking the fact that A&M has scheduled much more successful programs like Clemson and Notre Dame. A&M should not bow to Texas’ strong-arm tactics.

6) A&M should set its own scheduling philosophy: A&M’s policy is to schedule one Power 5 opponent every season. That’s quite common. Every team in the SEC West Division has the same approach. In fact, that’s what Texas does. True, A&M plays four non-conference games, but A&M shouldn’t be expected to change its philosophy to satisfy Texas.

Lia Musgrave, TexAgs

Scheduling different opponents allows Aggies to travel. Texas A&M made the trip to Clemson just last year.

5) Better road trips: Except for the traffic and vagrants, Austin is a fun city. Aggies can go there any time they want. Scheduling different Power 5 opponents allows Aggies to visit other towns and stadiums. A&M has played at Clemson and UCLA. In upcoming seasons, A&M will travel to Colorado, Miami, Notre Dame and Arizona State. Here’s hoping teams like Wisconsin, Penn State and Washington appear on A&M’s future schedules. Maryland would be good, too. Even Texas fans would agree Maryland is a tough opponent.

4) Better opponents: Frankly, A&M is scheduling better Power 5 opponents than Texas. Since 2012 when A&M left for the SEC, the majority of A&M’s Power 5 non-conference opponents are more successful than Texas.

The Longhorns are 58-45 since 2012 (a 56.3 win percentage). In the same span, Clemson is 101-12 (89.3 percent), Notre Dame is 76-27 (73.7 percent), Miami is 62-40 (60.7 percent), Arizona State is 61-43 (58.6 percent). Even UCLA (54-48, 52.9 percent) is at least comparable.

That proves the “A&M is ducking Texas” narrative is completely asinine.

3) National brand: A&M is looking to expand its national brand. Therefore, scheduling nationwide makes perfect sense. It seems to be helping in recruiting. A&M’s 2020 recruiting class had 14 players from out of state. The Aggies already have four out of state commitments in their 2021 class.

2) A&M doesn’t need to play Texas: A&M plays LSU, Alabama and Auburn every year. In some seasons they play the likes of Georgia, Florida and Tennessee from the SEC East. Unlike Texas, whose schedule as it stands typically features one marquee home game every other year since the OU game is in Dallas, there is no shortage of marquee games on A&M’s schedule or high-profile opponents coming to Kyle Field.

1) Texas wants it so bad: No more explanation is necessary.

This reminded me that Liucci doesn't even have Bowman ranked in his top 25 players in Texas rankings. Harmon is #24 in that ranking. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Jimbo voluntarily choosing to be a third-rate national mercenary school instead of continuing the “Texas kids taking on the SEC” strategy will be message board fodder for decades. I love watching it, but it is truly an unjustifiable decision.

That wasn't sustainable for them either, the SEC narrative was built by Bama with an assist from LSU.  UF helped get it started but that was a decade and several coaches ago, its the Bama show with LSU coming out of the bullpen for the save.  Any player Bama is after who is determined to play SEC isn't settling for aggy.  They will get the guys who think they are Bama good but aren't like Sloneal, and that's bad for team chemistry  

With our lost decade, aggy almost certainly would have benefitted had they stayed, they might have won something meaningful like a conference championship or 2.  At least over here they were king of the dorks, over there they are just dorks.   

• Like 1