Jump to content
Machinator

Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Recommended Posts

Nice job perroni.  Build up their expectations so the meltdown is that much spectacular when it doesn't pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Nice job perroni.  Build up their expectations so the meltdown is that much spectacular when it doesn't pan out.

They’ve gone beyond meltdowns now that jimbo is installed. Now all the super blues they land are the real deal once a generation at their position players, the ones they miss on are overrated or maxed out, the 4 stars they get are borderline 5 stars, the 4 stars they miss on are overrated or maxed out, and the 3 stars they land should/will be 4 stars soon and the 3 stars they miss on they actually passed on. 

Because evaluations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They’ve gone beyond meltdowns now that jimbo is installed. Now all the super blues they land are the real deal once a generation at their position players, the ones they miss on are overrated or maxed out, the 4 stars they get are borderline 5 stars, the 4 stars they miss on are overrated or maxed out, and the 3 stars they land should/will be 4 stars soon and the 3 stars they miss on they actually passed on. 

Because evaluations. 

You'd think that after years, decades really, of pushing the narrative to themselves in what amounts to the recruiting equivalent of an elephant walk that all of their recruits are underrated and everyone else's recruits are overrated, that they'd at some point, just for a moment, pause and realize that not a lick of that is reflected in their results under the last 5 coaches. Trust RC/Fran/Sherman/Sumlin/Fisher has manifested in precisely one top 10 finish since Mack Brown and Bob Stoops showed up at Texas and OU, respectively. The addition of Saban at LSU then Bama, Miles and Ogre at LSU, Patterson at TCU and Gundy at OSU have only exacerbated their futility when it comes to the cognitive dissonance. They're constantly, quietly, secretly, getting better players than everyone else, no one (tee hee) knows it but them, and it is all going to appear magically next season, whenever that next season is, you just wait and see!

I've come to the conclusion that they're college football's fan equivalent of the Dunning-Kruger Effect personified. They're so fundamentally incompetent and unskilled at being an actual observant participant in the field of their choosing, college sports fandom, that they can't actually knowledgeably understand what good looks like in the space, so they're perpetually overestimating their own position and future outcomes and doing so in massive ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aggy would be better off just accepting that they are the SEC far west version of Mississippi State,  kind of like Nacogdoches is to Nachitoches.  Just a set of hillbilly twins on opposite sides of the Sabine River.   Jackie Sherrill is a legend at cheating at both places.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

aggy would be better off just accepting that they are the SEC far west version of Mississippi State,  kind of like Nacogdoches is to Nachitoches.  Just a set of hillbilly twins on opposite sides of the Sabine River.   Jackie Sherrill is a legend at cheating at both places.  

Miss St Bulldogs = Texum Bulldogs

Maroon & white = Maroon & White

Starkville = College Station

You may be onto something there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Miss St Bulldogs = Texum Bulldogs

Maroon & white = Maroon & White

Starkville = College Station

You may be onto something there.

...except that if Starkville disappeared in a sink hole, Mississippi would still be more or less the same. Texas would be a much better place without College Station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

...except that if Starkville disappeared in a sink hole, Mississippi would still be more or less the same. Texas would be a much better place without College Station.

And Mississippi state has finished top 4 in an AP poll in the major 3 sports since WW2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They’ve gone beyond meltdowns now that jimbo is installed. Now all the super blues they land are the real deal once a generation at their position players, the ones they miss on are overrated or maxed out, the 4 stars they get are borderline 5 stars, the 4 stars they miss on are overrated or maxed out, and the 3 stars they land should/will be 4 stars soon and the 3 stars they miss on they actually passed on. 

Because evaluations. 

This ^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Is that jersey a boy's small?

It’s a woman size husky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, texifornia said:

Is that jersey a boy's small?

 

It’s fitted for SEC West petites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Adorable

  Hide contents

 

 

Pretty hard to rank 5 of aggy’s 5 star leans 1-5 in the state when aggy’s never had 5 five star leans. 

Also, what is wrong with these dumbfucks? Most years Texas doesn’t even have 5 five stars. Why are they bitching about there only being 5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020: QB whisperer guru offensive mastermind genius whiffs on all the other QBs in state but has one of the top three possibly fall into his lap that he has to battle for

2021: "Ima get this super athletic kid with more interceptions than touchdowns who can run around a ton for my QB whisperer guru offensive mastermind genius offense."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, randygilman said:

2021: "Ima get this super athletic kid with more interceptions than touchdowns who can run around a ton for my QB whisperer guru offensive mastermind genius offense."

Just looked up the stats.  Wow you were just about right.  13 TD's and 13 ints.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Stowers is pretty athletic but a project atm right?

SKill set does not translate to a pro style, west coast offense. At all. No idea what Jimbo's smoking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 5:55 PM, closetojumping said:

You'd think that after years, decades really, of pushing the narrative to themselves in what amounts to the recruiting equivalent of an elephant walk that all of their recruits are underrated and everyone else's recruits are overrated, that they'd at some point, just for a moment, pause and realize that not a lick of that is reflected in their results under the last 5 coaches. Trust RC/Fran/Sherman/Sumlin/Fisher has manifested in precisely one top 10 finish since Mack Brown and Bob Stoops showed up at Texas and OU, respectively. The addition of Saban at LSU then Bama, Miles and Ogre at LSU, Patterson at TCU and Gundy at OSU have only exacerbated their futility when it comes to the cognitive dissonance. They're constantly, quietly, secretly, getting better players than everyone else, no one (tee hee) knows it but them, and it is all going to appear magically next season, whenever that next season is, you just wait and see!

I've come to the conclusion that they're college football's fan equivalent of the Dunning-Kruger Effect personified. They're so fundamentally incompetent and unskilled at being an actual observant participant in the field of their choosing, college sports fandom, that they can't actually knowledgeably understand what good looks like in the space, so they're perpetually overestimating their own position and future outcomes and doing so in massive ways. 

That Top 10 finish was actually a Top 5 finish, Bucko.  And they had another Top 5 finish in 1956.  So, booyah! !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Karen's in damage control mode. Also we laugh at our "trust the corches" brigade (which I'm sometimes a part of), but this is just next level.

Spoiler
Quote

D-g_a2BWkAEQ1PL.pngD-g_bUwXYAI_3Ot.png

 

 

Edited by texifornia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Karen's in damage control mode. Also we laugh at our "trust the corches" brigade (which I'm sometimes a part of), but this is just next level.

  Hide contents

 

 

How is this a statement commit?  I haven't seen anything about other kids wanting to play with him or are buddies.  The other team in Denton has UT lean kids in Bowman and Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the "This guy is so much better than Stone/Milroe, reminds me of Jameis Winston's ability. Jimbo did it again" bullshit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stowers and Milroe are both projects.   

Not unusual for junior-qb's-to-be.   But if their pass completion % and td to int ratio don't improve considerably as juniors and seniors, then yeah that would be a bad sign.

Dematrious Davis is a lot more developed as a qb, but he's listed as 5' 11".   Course so are Mayfield, Brees, and Kyler.   Very high completion %.

The sophmore qb at Lubbock Coronado has impressive tape.   He only has one P5 offer so far (Wisconsin).   Pro-style qb.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stowers is a high ceiling raw QB2 type (like Jackson for us) who doesn’t fit Jimbo’s scheme in the least, and who might end up at a different position down the road. I’d expect them to take another QB in that class, unless they land King in the class before and figure him to be a three-four year starter, and don't see the need for a high floor QB in 2021. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Stowers and Milroe are both projects.   

Not unusual for junior-qb's-to-be.   But if their pass completion % and td to int ratio don't improve considerably as juniors and seniors, then yeah that would be a bad sign.

Dematrious Davis is a lot more developed as a qb, but he's listed as 5' 11".   Course so are Mayfield, Brees, and Kyler.   Very high completion %.

The sophmore qb at Lubbock Coronado has impressive tape.   He only has one P5 offer so far (Wisconsin).   Pro-style qb.   

 

I love Dematrius as a prospect, but Texas hasn't shown much interesting in him. Wouldn't surprise me if he and Shadrach ended up at LSU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Stowers and Milroe are both projects.   

Not unusual for junior-qb's-to-be.   But if their pass completion % and td to int ratio don't improve considerably as juniors and seniors, then yeah that would be a bad sign.

Dematrious Davis is a lot more developed as a qb, but he's listed as 5' 11".   Course so are Mayfield, Brees, and Kyler.   Very high completion %.

The sophmore qb at Lubbock Coronado has impressive tape.   He only has one P5 offer so far (Wisconsin).   Pro-style qb.   

 

Baker Mayfield is pretty much 6'2 in his cleats. Brees is around 6'1 in his. 

Kyler probably gets close to 5'7 in his, but he's much more athletic and gifted as a runner and passer than Davis.

Davis is good though, so I wouldn't count him out no matter what his size.

Edited by Atticus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fud said:

I love Dematrius as a prospect, but Texas hasn't shown much interesting in him. Wouldn't surprise me if he and Shadrach ended up at LSU. 

NorthShore is the new ULab.   Thanks aggy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

NorthShore is the new ULab.   Thanks aggy!

They really think they have a shot with Evans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

They really think they have a shot with Evans.

They probably need to win big this year to have a shot. He ain't going to no four or five loss team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fud said:

They probably need to win big this year to have a shot. He ain't going to no four or five loss team. 

what about a "barely lost" they are good with those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah what about bestest losses in the country?  aggy is the 1st loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fud said:

They probably need to win big this year to have a shot. He ain't going to no four or five loss team. 

I could see aggie doubling up on whatever lsu/bama offer, they are not going to be outbid for top tier talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...