rage-a-holic

Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

And no more shelter plans for Banister and Ben White.   Was a unbridled clusterfuck to begin with and just indicative of the maniacal lunacy in City Hall.

https://communityimpact.com/austin/central-austin/public-safety/2019/11/12/austin-no-longer-pursuing-homeless-shelter-off-ben-white-with-pivot-to-hotel-purchase/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Community_Impact_Southwest_Austin

So, who actually owns the motel and is there any connection between them and the city council members & or their friends/family?

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

So, who actually owns the motel and is there any connection between them and the city council members & or their friends/family?

Do you really need to ask?

I wonder if for $62.7mm, we could buy some of the set of cassettes tapes from Don Lapree on how to buy real estate for bargain prices 

Adler going to sleep each night having weT dreams about the millions upon millions of tax dollars plundered from Austinites in the name of the homeless crisis. When this runs it’s course, climate change will be next on the tax roll. We are all fucking sheep

Edited by ChickenSandwich

We passed through Oak Hill a couple of nights ago while headed into town and noticed several cop cars at the car wash. They were still there a couple of hours later as we headed out of town. Found out this morning that the car wash attendant smelled smoke and called the FD. They show up and find a huge homeless encampment in the woods stretching behind the car wash and several other businesses on 71. Property owner comes out and is “amazed at the elaborate” structures tucked back in there and says it’s way worse than the “last time” he had them removed. Smoke was apparently just a result of a large campfire.

I don’t think anyone has anything close to an accurate idea of how dire the situation in Austin really is.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, gsoda3 said:

that property was appraised (FY 19) at $2.6 million.  

watch them pay $6mm for it.

Give this man a prize!!!

Austin officials are working out the details of a multimillion dollar purchase of a motel in South Austin that will be converted into a bridge housing complex for people who are homeless. The project could cost up to $8 million, including $6.4 million for the actual purchase of the facility, and $1.6 million for any needed renovations.

Link

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Somebody is getting a kickback 

Well duh.... that’s the way City Hall has operated out in the open since I’ve been here.

No shame at all with the dirtbags no matter what party label they put on themselves. And the “enlightened” hardcore lemmings still vote for them to steal more from the taxpayers.

We passed through Oak Hill a couple of nights ago while headed into town and noticed several cop cars at the car wash. They were still there a couple of hours later as we headed out of town. Found out this morning that the car wash attendant smelled smoke and called the FD. They show up and find a huge homeless encampment in the woods stretching behind the car wash and several other businesses on 71. Property owner comes out and is “amazed at the elaborate” structures tucked back in there and says it’s way worse than the “last time” he had them removed. Smoke was apparently just a result of a large campfire.

I don’t think anyone has anything close to an accurate idea of how dire the situation in Austin really is.

A major green belt fire in west austin/west lake hills is something the city and county is not prepared to deal with. It would be devastating. Only fitting if it’s finally caused by some homeless dudes getting drunk around an open fire.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:05 AM, Texas_Rocks said:

Ahem...

Image%2011-23-19%20at%205.47%20PM_zpsjkq

Homeless guy laying half under a truck and half out in the parking lot of the little mexican grocery by the house, vomiting uncontrollably. Called 911.

50 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

A major green belt fire in west austin/west lake hills is something the city and county is not prepared to deal with. It would be devastating. Only fitting if it’s finally caused by some homeless dudes getting drunk around an open fire.

Already happened once, back around 2011 a homeless guys fire burned up 11 houses around Scenic Brook.  

On 11/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, Texas_Rocks said:

Oak Hill / Covered Bridge area already caught fire a few years back by some dude cooking his beans behind the Conoco at 1826 & 290.

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

Homeless guy laying half under a truck and half out in the parking lot of the little mexican grocery by the house, vomiting uncontrollably. Called 911.

Must've just gotten done watching the game...

Just now, freyguy said:

Must've just gotten done watching the game...

It was halftime. He'd already seen enough.

This past Friday morning, I saw a nice size bum fire underneath where MoPac crosses 183. Several homeless standing around it not giving a fuck. 

2-3 months ago out here in Northern California (Bay Area) I saw a newscast where reporter was live from the location of a grass fire on a hill that abutted a neighborhood. The fire had been doused. The camera panned across an area of blackened hillside where there was an obvious homeless encampment, without mentioning its presence, an obvious elephant in the room. Thought that was odd.

I'm sure they blamed the fire on the Alpha Beta playing Fireball again.  

Bit of news...my ACC Pinnacle being converted to homeless housing is gaining some traction.  I threw it up against the wall at commission alongside using some of the abandoned world class capital assets and the ACC idea seemed less insane by comparison so we’ve begun talks

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

Give them Northridge too. 

Might as well make it the 40 acres too. The shit heaps, fires and trash will blend well with the football program.

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Bit of news...my ACC Pinnacle being converted to homeless housing is gaining some traction.  I threw it up against the wall at commission alongside using some of the abandoned world class capital assets and the ACC idea seemed less insane by comparison so we’ve begun talks

please let this happen.  fucking Angerman will have an aneurysm.