Machinator

2019-20 NCAA basketball season thread

I know everyone hates Duke, but the ESPN special "The Class That Saved Coach K"  is pretty good. About the class of 86 and their rise to the championship game in 86. Yeah, there's a decent amount of Coach K fellatio, but its a good watch, especially if you remember that era of hoops, which is really when I started watching college ball as a kid. 

Tried watching that but fell asleep, will catch the rerun that I'm sure will be soon.  There was a time I felt bad for K, sort of like the Cowboys of old of always being the Bridesmaids and never the Bride until they broke through with SB6 / '91 NCAAT.  I know for damn sure I was pulling for Duke in '86 Finals. 

ANNNNNND Wiseman gets 11 games.  Took money directly from the coach and gets 11 games.  Took half the money as SDS and gets approximately 17% of the punishment.  I want to spin this as the NCAA is doing KU a favor in their fight against the NOA in that we now have fodder to lob against them in their punishments, but I know that this is more about the NCAA just wanting the #1 draft pick on the floor as much as possible.

I'm so fucking sick of this shit.

He didn’t have the money the first time. Penny going to lend it to him this time or is his family going to get a loan on his likeness and future earnings?

Nova/MTenn on the Deuce.  This time of season is second only to March Madness with the Holiday tournaments.