Natalie Maines likes to spend money

clapclapclap

Seems like a lot, but I'm not Surly 1%

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/natalie-maines-ordered-to-pay-up-another-dollar150k-to-estranged-hubby-adrian-pasdar/ar-AADmCYZ?li=BBnbfcL

Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Paines has been ordered to cut another check to her estranged husband, Adrian Pasdar, in their ongoing divorce battle.

Pasdar and Maines were in court on Monday where a judge ordered Maines to pay Pasdar $150,000 for legal fees. Pasdar had been seeking $350,000 in legal fees, and he was awarded $200,000 back in April, so it seems he's now gotten everything he wanted.

Pasdar has also been after $40,076 a month in spousal and $16,427 in child support, for a total of $60,503 a month. He is also asking for $361,494 in retroactive child support.

No ruling on support has been made.

Pasdar has claimed Maines has a net worth of $50 million with $2.6 million in liquid assets and property valued at $4.5 million. Pasdar believes she will make millions more this year when she goes on tour with her solo album.

He says Maines is extremely wealthy, allegedly making around $2 million a year and $172,000 a month.

The Dixie Chicks singer filed her own financial documents, saying she currently has $4,476,258 in real and personal property, $121,205 in stocks/bonds and $1,943,452 in cash and checking accounts for a grand total of $6,540,915.

Maines lists her current average monthly income as zero, saying she did not tour last year and "is not touring in 2019." She says her income has been substantially reduced while not on tour.

In the documents, Natalie Maines lists her monthly expenses, including $23k on her mortgage, $3k on repairs, $3,249 for groceries/eating out, $2,291 on entertainment, $694 on clothes, $416 on charity... and a grand total of monthly expenses at $49,767.

The singer says her company, Bossytoe Tours, Inc., ended 2018 with a loss of $136k.

Maines filed for divorce from Pasdar in 2017 following 17 years of marriage. They share two kids.

The divorce had been dragging on for some time, until recently, when things heated up. Pasdar has been demanding tens of thousands in support per month and Maines has been fighting him.

The case is still ongoing.

Edited by clapclapclap
Ruh Roh Shaggy

30 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I always thought she was a lesbian. Learn something new everyday.

13 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Just because she shut you down doesn’t make her a lesbian. 

On the other hand, the divorce good be evidence that she is.  The trophies, may argue against it.  

It's a wash.

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Bro, if it netted me $60,000.00 per month after the event, I'd stick it in some nasty crazy stuff for a good long while. 

Seems to me that she's going to play dirty and he's going to get a lot less than that.  Crazy doesn't mind lying to fuck you.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Noted. She would leave the state. 

I'm sure you are coming at this from a politics angle, but dude, she and her husband are both in show business.  A lot of those people move to Los Angeles, politics aside.  Would you expect her to reside in Lubbock?

They owned a home in Austin but sold it a few years back.  

Edited by Gil Bang

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

In the documents, Natalie Maines lists her monthly expenses, including $23k on her mortgage, $3k on repairs, $3,249 for groceries/eating out, $2,291 on entertainment, $694 on clothes, $416 on charity... and a grand total of monthly expenses at $49,767.

I wouldn't consider this excessive for someone with her net worth and income.   Most of that is in the mortgage.  

12 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

how do you have $4.5 M in property (assuming it means real estate)   and still have a $23K/ month mortgage? 

Mortgage was originally (2007) 4.48 million.  I think she also owns a home in NYC, so maybe there's a mortgage on that one too?

edit: read it again:  The Dixie Chicks singer filed her own financial documents, saying she currently has $4,476,258 in real and personal property

So, a couple million in home equity, and a couple million in other real property or jewelry or guitars or whatever. 

Edited by Gil Bang

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Huh.  I figures her grocery bill would be way higher than that.  

I originally was going to call her Phat Nat in the title (based on what I seem to remember the joking was about her) but a quick googling around suggests she's kept the weight off (was she ever really big?)  Which is actually pretty impressive, it ain't easy to fight off your natural body type this far into life, especially after having kids.  So I've got nothing but respect for her in that regard.

Edited by clapclapclap
Grammar Grammy winner

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

how do you have $4.5 M in property (assuming it means real estate)   and still have a $23K/ month mortgage? 

Not sure what you're getting at . . . a $4.5M mortgage at 4.25% with 2% annual property taxes + insurance would be ~ $30K per month.  I assume she put some $ down.  Are you just suggesting she shouldn't have borrowed the money?

Worked w/ a dude back in the late 90s/early 00s who'd been married to and divorced from one of the others (the fiddle player, as I recall).   He was a good dude, had chicken feet prints tattooed on one foot and ankle.  I think his name was Ted.   I do not think he received any kind of child support or alimony, though. 

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Worked w/ a dude back in the late 90s/early 00s who'd been married to and divorced from one of the others (the fiddle player, as I recall).   He was a good dude, had chicken feet prints tattooed on one foot and ankle.  I think his name was Ted.   I do not think he received any kind of child support or alimony, though. 

He probably didn't live in CA with his wife.

11 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I think? he really meant equity but whatever. Rich people generally have multiple real estate holdings which I guess he also overlooked.

On legal type documents, the gross value of assets would tend to be listed, and the debt or mortgage listed in a different part of the document (as in Assets and Liabilities), so "equity" would have to be calculated, which is probably beyond the ken of most journalists.

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not sure what you're getting at . . . a $4.5M mortgage at 4.25% with 2% annual property taxes + insurance would be ~ $30K per month.  I assume she put some $ down.  Are you just suggesting she shouldn't have borrowed the money?

I'm no bean counter but assuming it's a single property it seems to be listed as both a liability and an asset 

8 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm no bean counter but assuming it's a single property it seems to be listed as both a liability and an asset 

Ah, I didn't realize what you were getting at.  Maybe there is $4.5M in equity and a monthly note of $23K.

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

I don’t see anything about a single property. It’s real and personal property. Gil Bang covered this above. It’s not difficult and there are a million ways to arrive at that figure. Not sure why you are hung up on a mortgage payment.

Yeah and at 23k/month, you can't make any assumptions about the mortgage's terms.  Could be any length of time short of 30 years, could have a balloon, could have a massive downpayment, who knows.