2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

Hate gilibrand and yang but if you aren’t a political junkie, these guys won tonight.

Kamala came in first of you are a political junkie and political angry. If you don’t follow politics and are angry then Kamala also wins.

Gay Beto did well but too pedantic for most voters

I've never even paid attention or even seen Kamala speak except one brief news excerpt randomly.  My first impression of her was very good, I don't even know her politics at all, but at first glance she looks tough, smart, and it's a huge plus she is not pushing 70 to 80+ for me personally.  

• Like 2

oh i caught it.  it didn't work last time so i don't want it pulled out this time. 

I don’t even remember that ad. To me it references the things that run through your mind at 3am when yuh can sleep. Upcoming bills, how you’re going to pay for kids college, medical bills.

Kamala is great when she goes after someone, either on a debate stage or Senate hearing. She can definitely dish it, but not convinced she can take it. With this many people on the stage she can come in with prepared statements and fuck people up. I'm not convinced she can keep this up when the field shrinks to a normal size.  But she is definitely a top 5 candidate. 

This is a Warren, Bernie, Biden, Pete, and Kamala race right now. They are the clear top 5 and not sure that will change. 

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Harris way up, Pete up, Bernie neutral, Biden slighty down though probably more like neutral and I'm just biased. The rest went from irrelevant to GTFO. 

I think we have 5 serious candidates left. Those 4 and Warren.

Castro put himself in the mix last night.

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Kamala is great when she goes after someone, either on a debate stage or Senate hearing. She can definitely dish it, but not convinced she can take it. With this many people on the stage she can come in with prepared statements and fuck people up. I'm not convinced she can keep this up when the field shrinks to a normal size.  But she is definitely a top 5 candidate. 

This is a Warren, Bernie, Biden, Pete, and Kamala race right now. They are the clear top 5 and not sure that will change. 

Once this dwindles down to the main actors I think someone is going to push Harris and it will be great tv 

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

She strikes me as the type who will play defense against Trump by attacking. He's not going to get her on her heels. Basically using his playbook, but being smarter, more convincing, more educated and fact-based, and not an orange lump. She will murder him. Kill kill kill.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, Xian said:

Harris did well, but I just can’t get over her prosecutor past. 

Pretty much my thoughts too.

My opinion of Harris.

"Hey Lee, there's something I never told you about me: I hate fuckin' cops."