The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

I have a friend that brokered a deal for Joe B to buy a burst for $600K.  He went to Joe’s house to deliver it and said the house is wall to wall guitars and amps.  He said Joe paid in cash, literally grocery bags full of $100 bill stacks.

Was it the PJ burst

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Somehow, Joe makes a ton of money selling his merchandise. Lots of people want to let everyone know they are Joe B. fans.

The amazing thing is that I think they only reason people think he’s a big league blues player is due to his endless self promotion.  He’s a great player, but he’s not a blues legend or anything like that.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:18 PM, Chad Fuck said:

Yes, I should've been more clear.  I bought this Vibrolux.

But I'm still looking at the 2x10 Vibroverb because I've heard good things about it.  My question about the weight & sound relative to 2x12s in the Twin remains pending.  

So I just saw a 1 x 15 1964 Vibroverb pop up at Carter's

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Against all popular opinion, probably, I'm Team 7.25" radius. 

My Esquire and Strummer have sold me. 

Nothing wrong with a 7.25".  I like my 9.5s too though.  Part of me kind of wishes my '52 WWTS AV was 7.25, but the 64 is.  So I've got a tele mix.

So I just saw a 1 x 15 1964 Vibroverb pop up at Carter's

Mmm. Too bad I’ve blown through my gas budget for the foreseeable future.

I was pondering hard on this because I really want an old ES-350T. Right up until I read the line about a flood. Egads! A $5k that comes with another $1k to put in it IF you can get it fixed up properly?

https://reverb.com/item/59078772-gibson-es-350-1951-sunburst?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=59078772
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I was pondering hard on this because I really want an old ES-350T. Right up until I read the line about a flood. Egads! A $5k that comes with another $1k to put in it IF you can get it fixed up properly?

https://reverb.com/item/59078772-gibson-es-350-1951-sunburst?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=59078772

Guitars and cars are two things you don't take after a flood.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a mix of 9.5 and 7.25 and one 9.25-14 compound radius.  It’s one of the least significant factors for me.  They all feel good, and I don’t notice having to adapt when putting one down and picking the other up.  Nut width, scale length & neck thickness all matter a lot more to me, personally.  And I like V or C shapes — too much “shoulders” and the neck sucks to me.

Everything about the neck and what your left hand likes is 100% subjective personal preference.  You can be given prescriptions for a lot of things about a guitar, but what is going to feel like sex to your left hand just isn’t one of them.  You have to play a lot of different guitars/necks and arrive at your own conclusions.  Most of my guitar shuffling is about getting a collection of badass players that are all in my sweet spot of neck prefs, where I can pick any of my guitars up and the neck feels fantastic as well as consistent with the one I just put down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, that’s a lot of scratch for something you only might be able to turn into a player.  Props to the seller for not just describing it as having been stored in a humidified environment 😜

ES-350Ts are on my radar, too.  The 1992 custom shop version is one of the only Gibson ES’s with a 25.5” scale length.  I think there’s the Gibson Johnny A signature and that’s it.  I may at some point do a Heritage custom order for a 25.5” H535.  But it might as well have a PRS headstock on it.

257DED8A-0093-4727-A26E-37A355221900.jpeg

Edited by Goredho

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Guitars and cars are two things you don't take after a flood.

I agree, except that I did it with an early 50s Champion lap steel.  Some of the mother of toilet seat was a little flaky, but once it was glued back down, it works like....well, a champ.  The case looked hideous, but the lap steel really wasn't too bad.  

This ES-350 is a much different proposition though.  

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, that’s a lot of scratch for something you only might be able to turn into a player.  Props to the seller for not just describing it as having been stored in a humidified environment 😜

ES-350Ts are on my radar, too.  The 1992 custom shop version is one of the only Gibson ES’s with a 25.5” scale length.  I think there’s the Gibson Johnny A signature and that’s it.  I may at some point do a Heritage custom order for a 25.5” H535.  But it might as well have a PRS headstock on it.

Yeah the Es-350T has an interesting history.  When the Chuck Berry version came out, I was all stoked to go get it, but then it was somewhere in the $10k neighborhood and that just seemed a little...excessive.  Then again, Gibson is stopping production of archtops except on special order.  So I imagine it'll only go up.  Maybe one day when I'm rich and famous.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Not a cheap guitar, but this is a very reasonable price on the 92 ES-350t:  https://reverb.com/item/65513074-gibson-custom-shop-historic-es-350t-1999-sunburst

image.png.6a5e5ef2d9f896742ba626b87ece1b4e.png

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Not a cheap guitar, but this is a very reasonable price on the 92 ES-350t:  https://reverb.com/item/65513074-gibson-custom-shop-historic-es-350t-1999-sunburst

Oooh, thanks.  Not in a position to buy that right now, but will be watching and went ahead and dropped a note to the seller to validate that it is a 25.5".  That's a '99 and I was under the impression just the '92's had the 25.5" scale length.

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Oooh, thanks.  Not in a position to buy that right now, but will be watching and went ahead and dropped a note to the seller to validate that it is a 25.5".  That's a '99 and I was under the impression just the '92's had the 25.5" scale length.

Sorry, I misread.  Had 92s on the brain.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It has arrived. 1963 Es-175. It was stripped of all its hardware at some point, so that’s all new but vintage correct (except for the knobs, I’ll have to put new old ones on). Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pups. Cost about half of what a totally vintage one would so that’s good and now I’ll be a little less anxious about playing it out. Does this mean I’m officially a jazz man now?
2b3a810f8409410309cad03b0874d412.jpg

Love it!  Given that's a Steve Howe guitar, I think it makes you a Yes man :P

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:03 AM, Chad Fuck said:

This one was a 25.5” scale length and got away.  I think I need to buy a couple strats as part of my grieving process.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I honestly had no idea that vintage Strats went for six figures. Last time I looked around I don’t think that was the case. When did they spike into that range?

All guitar 🎸 transactions should be looked at:

Pre-COVID 19

/

Post March 2020

or

If you really want to go OLD TESTAMENT on the subject:

B.C.E. / C.E.

Ju know what I’m sayin’ 

Before the COVID Era  / the COVID Era

Side note: 

I really have no idea. 

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I honestly had no idea that vintage Strats went for six figures. Last time I looked around I don’t think that was the case. When did they spike into that range?

That made me look around. I'm seeing early 60's strats all day for $30k or a bit less. Half that for refins.