The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

On 2/19/2023 at 4:15 AM, Fastbreak said:

I talked to my guy at Sweetwater. I am on the list.

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/detail/tod10_1p_01.html

f9c9c4871f9ba5f75811fa05e546b64d.jpg

That's badass. Really dig the homage to Vai. I imagine playing that is going to be like holding back a pitbull, it's gonna want to just go. But Henson's playing has a lot of delicacy, too, so maybe I'm just letting the built-for-face-melting appearance of the guitar cloud my judgement.

Please keep us posted!

That Firefly guitar company has switched up their FF338 semi-hollow body that is slightly smaller that a 335.

7A26292D-8ADD-4BC1-B157-BE7EA3F7196C.thumb.jpeg.0fe28d95b3a026c1556bb8696d2bc43c.jpeg

C0453F60-138A-48F2-8C65-F40CECD653AD.thumb.jpeg.b18255c31dc44d970871f852f4774ed1.jpeg

After looking at the fretboard closely, I think that this may be their aggy edition, because…

B1573DE8-C400-4580-B051-9EEB3E86996B.thumb.jpeg.23c9c7b1f93b23342e876ae1974fedee.jpeg

…there appears to be some bestiality going down towards the nut.

If you are feeling frisky, here’s the link  

https://guitarsgarden.com/collections/semi-hollow-body-electric-guitars/products/firefly-ff338pro-full-size-semi-hollow-body-electric-guitar-gold-color

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2023 at 11:50 PM, Napoleon said:

That Firefly guitar company has switched up their FF338 semi-hollow body that is slightly smaller that a 335.

7A26292D-8ADD-4BC1-B157-BE7EA3F7196C.thumb.jpeg.0fe28d95b3a026c1556bb8696d2bc43c.jpeg

C0453F60-138A-48F2-8C65-F40CECD653AD.thumb.jpeg.b18255c31dc44d970871f852f4774ed1.jpeg

After looking at the fretboard closely, I think that this may be their aggy edition, because…

B1573DE8-C400-4580-B051-9EEB3E86996B.thumb.jpeg.23c9c7b1f93b23342e876ae1974fedee.jpeg

https://guitarsgarden.com/collections/semi-hollow-body-electric-guitars/products/firefly-ff338pro-full-size-semi-hollow-body-electric-guitar-gold-color

That could be the least expensive, best sounding, best playing guitar ever, but those inlays would be a dealbreaker.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 11:50 PM, Napoleon said:

aggy jizzcaster

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

Nice room to read deej  . . . 'ol tv yeller for the win

The TV yellow was giving me some fret buzz that was driving me nuts. Adjusted the truss rod today to give the neck a bit more relief and now it is spot on. I guess a week in a freezing truck did it no favors. 

• Like 1

Today I checked out the listed prices at reverb of similar guitars that I have had stashed away, my American five and some others. It made me feel a bit better about having all these guitars I don't play. I seem to have done OK in regards to investment value, certainly better than any interest I get on stashed cash in the bank. But then cashing that investment in probably won't happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/19/2023 at 4:15 AM, Fastbreak said:

I talked to my guy at Sweetwater. I am on the list.

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/detail/tod10_1p_01.html

f9c9c4871f9ba5f75811fa05e546b64d.jpg

I hope your hot-rodded Ibanez serves you well.

Sometime around 91 or 92, my main guitar was a Squire Strat, and it was a pretty mediocre instrument.  Partly at the urging of a young guitar-shop employee who was a brilliant guitarist (we were briefly in a garage band together*), I bought an RG550.  Within a few years, it was pretty obvious that there is really nothing about my personality or my preferred styles of music that would correlate with me playing a pointy guitar with a mirrored pickguard.  It was forgotten and packed away for a loooong time, and I may have even put it on craigslist for a few hundred dollars at one point.  

But I'm glad I still own it.  I cleaned it up and set it up a year or two ago, and it just plays like butter and sounds *really* good.  And this absurdly-styled $800 guitar is one of the best-engineered guitars I've ever owned (fit, finish, tuning, intonation, rock-solid electronics with no crackle or buzz).  I don't need to own an HSS Strat, because this thing does that bridge humbucker thing about as well as it can be done.  

IMG-6045.jpg

*I was invited to sit in with his band.  They had their own room with a PA in a rehearsal complex, which seemed really big-time to me.  First practice:  Everyone in the band consumed eyebrow-raising amounts of drugs and alcohol.  But I liked them and they were really good musicians, and I thought maybe I just caught them on a wild night.  They suggested a few songs for me to learn, and asked me to sing on some things.  So I did my best to rehearse and learn them, and then I went back the next week.  The second practice was even more of a rumshpringa than the first one.  So I said what everyone says when they're quiet-quitting a garage band:  "Guys, I have a thing next week and I'm not gonna make it."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sometime around 91 or 92, my main guitar was a Squire Strat, and it was a pretty mediocre instrument.  Partly at the urging of a young guitar-shop employee who was a brilliant guitarist (we were briefly in a garage band together*), I bought an RG550.  Within a few years, it was pretty obvious that there is really nothing about my personality or my preferred styles of music that would correlate with me playing a pointy guitar with a mirrored pickguard.  It was forgotten and packed away for a loooong time, and I may have even put it on craigslist for a few hundred dollars at one point.  
But I'm glad I still own it.  I cleaned it up and set it up a year or two ago, and it just plays like butter and sounds *really* good.  And this absurdly-styled $800 guitar is one of the best-engineered guitars I've ever owned (fit, finish, tuning, intonation, rock-solid electronics with no crackle or buzz).  I don't need to own an HSS Strat, because this thing does that bridge humbucker thing about as well as it can be done.  
IMG-6045.jpg

*I was invited to sit in with his band.  They had their own room with a PA in a rehearsal complex, which seemed really big-time to me.  First practice:  Everyone in the band consumed eyebrow-raising amounts of drugs and alcohol.  But I liked them and they were really good musicians, and I thought maybe I just caught them on a wild night.  They suggested a few songs for me to learn, and asked me to sing on some things.  So I did my best to rehearse and learn them, and then I went back the next week.  The second practice was even more of a rumshpringa than the first one.  So I said what everyone says when they're quiet-quitting a garage band:  "Guys, I have a thing next week and I'm not gonna make it."

But all those damn screws for the Floyd Rose though?

Recorded guitars over drums yesterday. Will post raw tracks when I get them. Or we figure out how to make them wav files lol. Nailed 2 songs 1st take. Did 2-3 more on each but the first was the one! Used my PRS 2002 10 top custom 24 and my 2006 PRS Custom 24 Artist. 

Edited by Bogeywon
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Recorded guitars over drums yesterday. Will post raw tracks when I get them. Or we figure out how to make them wav files lol. Nailed 2 songs 1st take. Did 2-3 more on each but the first was the one! Used my PRS 2002 10 top custom 24 and my 2006 PRS Custom 24 Artist. 

Good shit man, can't wait. The individual tracks should be in the project folders as .wav files.

10 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

In this folder.

PT-session.jpg

If you want to do the mixed tracks, you bounce tracks, encode as mp3 for space if you want, and it will be in the bounced folder.

IMG-6045.jpg

The hell you don’t.
  • Like 1