Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

19 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

EJ was awful, but I'll miss three things: 1) Laughing at EJ's complete lack of self awareness. Cat Sitter Gate was my favorite. 2) EJ trolling Aggy. 3) His article volume. While not insightful, informative, or entertaining, it like was a Diet Shasta in the middle of the desert.  I assume Burton will promote the far superior Mike Roach from part time to full time. 

Quality Post..... Love #3

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

While making Mike Roach full time seems like a no brainer, and he did kind of address this in the last podcast they did. I dont know if he'd step away from the full time gig hes got. it sounds like a solid money situation and I dont think 247 has the bank to move the needle.

Nice move Mr. Roach. Start up the rumors on other sites that you’re gonna cost more money than 247 is willing to offer. 

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They probably don't have room for Jahari Rogers now.  Crawford and Rogers looking like the CB's in this class and Ringo has a spot no matter what.

48 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rogers ran a 4.65 forty and 4.14 shuttle had the Dallad Opening.

Works for me. I thought Rogers was a track guy? 4.65 seems a tad slow. Good shuttle time though. 

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OU is probably going to get Major Burns or Ringo's teammate next and then they'll put the pressure on Washington to commit now or not have a spot later.

OU defensive recruiting seems to be going much better than expected. We know it's not because of Grinch. Which one of the defensive assistants is an ace recruiter? 

49 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

OU defensive recruiting seems to be going much better than expected. We know it's not because of Grinch. Which one of the defensive assistants is an ace recruiter? 

Roy Manning (CBs coach) supposedly has recruiting chops, though that's hard to evaluate when his last two stops are Wazzu and a recruiting-apathetic UCLA under Chip Kelly.

48 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Still haven't seen anything about DL or LB's for them.

40 minutes ago, Bevo said:

No LBs for us either unless you count Bbacker.

LB recruiting in this region is tough because the Maliks, Floyds, and Flowes of this world just don't appear very often. Even the Gbendas and Whites are a precious resource. If you can't land those guys consistently you need to ace your evaluations and development like Iowa State or convert defensive backs like Fatterson at TCU.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I'm not saying that our DFW recruiting is fully optimized, but Wescott is a cunt and this is a prime example of him throwing shit against the wall until something sorta sticks.

Of course, it's incredibly on-brand for you to post this.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

We'll miss EJ. He was a corny hypebeast, but that got him close to a lot of recruits. He also had good work ethic from my point of view. 

I'm with you on that.  Asking for a normal interesting reporter is too much because it's a part time job that intrinsically attracts psychos because the job is to be an adult talking to high schoolers and their families and gleaning as much as you can from it.  We can do a lot worse than him as we've seen from the coverage on other teams.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I'm not saying that our DFW recruiting is fully optimized, but Wescott is a cunt and this is a prime example of him throwing shit against the wall until something sorta sticks.

Of course, it's incredibly on-brand for you to post this.

I'm guessing this follow-up won't go over very well then. Which is a shame because it makes some good points

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I'm guessing this follow-up won't go over very well then. Which is a shame because it makes some good points

I read it. A lot of reasonable observations that don't necessarily support the conclusion.

We have to land the Duncanville kids, though. No excuses there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Ethics, morals, a good education ... what was the question again?

Calipari's coaching tree may some day rival Saban's and when that happens, I suspect the NCAA will be done. You can't allow cheaters to rule.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Calipari's coaching tree may some day rival Saban's and when that happens, I suspect the NCAA will be done. You can't allow cheaters to rule.

The NCAA has been done.  They are a joke.  The only thing people learned in regards to Cam Newton is how to better cover their tracks and that in the end, the methods they were using were fine.  

Guess according to Wescott Eberts, Herman already has one possible candidate for a WR asst coaching spot:

Eberts:  "Fortunately for Herman and the Horns, Samples possesses the potential to become a rainmaker in that area if he can get out on the road as an on-field assistant. Right now, though, Samples is growing into his current role one year out of college while Metroplex recruits opt for the three-hour drive north instead of south."  

Seems like Naivar is in the DFW area often. 

•  Who else on Herman's staff has primary recruiting territory responsibilities in the DFW area?
  •  Who are blOU's primary recruiters in the DFW area??
  • Just joking but a funny thought.... With those damn land thieves just to the north of DFW, does Herman need to request a Wall to be built along the Red River??
Edited by LTtxfan

The DFW recruiting has bothered me for a few years, but it’s much too early to panic for this cycle, and it needs to be pointed out that 3 of the 6 OU dfw commits are guys we had little to no interest in. When you are are including freaking Trevon West in that talking point like Wescott is, you are just looking to pad your negative argument.

The Duncanville duo are the litmus test, if we can’t land those guys then shit has to change. We have built in advantages in that recruitment, and Duncanville matters more than the schools some of these other kids are coming from. That Southwest Dallas burbs area (Duncanville-Desoto-Cedar Hill-Lancaster) will produce great players every year.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Like 4