Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Just now, Neonmoon said:

[Insert long article about how Ranson and Bijan are different people and will pick different schools] - 

- 995rs a month ago

No, the idea was the Ransom and Bijan's recruitments are independent, not that they were guaranteed to go separate ways.

Turns out that Ohio State stomped us, twice (maybe thrice, if you count Mookie Cooper).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froghorn717 said:

his tweet could've meant anything - timing wasn't great but he tweeted:

"be careful who you commit to its sweet now till you get there"

lets not forget Charles was actively recruiting Dorbah on twitter .. he wasnt taking a shot but it could be used that way .. he probably realized it after the fact and deleted it

I take it as telling recruits that a lot of schools lie, but he's all about Texas. He's just sending out a warning about snake oil salesmen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Really thought Bijan was all ours less than a month ago.  It's gonna be interesting seeing who decides to jump on board once we start kicking ass this fall

Which will be really funny if we close with both Ty Jordan and Evans.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No, the idea was the Ransom and Bijan's recruitments are independent

Any time anyone would say "Damn, Ransom is going Buckeye, not great news for us and Bijan.", they'd get the "they're not a package deal backa backa blah blah blargh they're not close bluhluhbubub."

No one was saying they were a package deal,  or close, but some can just put two and two together and imagine a scenario where  a HS kid might have an easier time convincing his HS teammate he sees almost daily to come join him 2,000 miles away, easier than some rando dude a few states away you text with. 

Edited by UncleBuck

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

It's weird. It's like we don't have a problem recruiting QB, OL, WR, TE, DB, but for some reason...I just can't think of a reason, but for some super weird reason, we have trouble recruiting RB and DL

This vexes me. I'm terribly vexed. 

and the holy grail of LB

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It's weird. It's like we don't have a problem recruiting QB, OL, WR, TE, DB, but for some reason...I just can't think of a reason, but for some super weird reason, we have trouble recruiting RB and DL

This vexes me. I'm terribly vexed. 

I'd almost give Drayton a pass on Robinson, not nailing down an OOS kid whose class teammate is going elsewhere, but we've seen this story before. 

IS Herman going to have to go on a recruiting warpath himself here after the dead period or what?

Just now, UncleBuck said:

I'd almost give Drayton a pass on Robinson, not nailing down an OOS kid whose class teammate is going elsewhere, but we've seen this story before. 

IS Herman going to have to go on a recruiting warpath himself here after the dead period or what?

Well we're going to need 10-15 more guys to finish the class, so we have a lot of commitments ahead of us. Whether they're all super amazing... well...

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well we're going to need 10-15 more guys to finish the class, so we have a lot of commitments ahead of us. Whether they're all super amazing... well...

We're back on Evans' list, so maybe Drayton is just over there bossin' and we're here giving him shit, not knowing dick. 

Doubt

The only in-state RB's currently uncommited, who we have offered, are Evans, Jordan, and Smith (Jordan and Smith are listed as 'APB' on 247).

Out of state offers include Kendall Milton, Ashaad Johnson, and Sam Adams - none of whom seem to have any interest in Texas.

Who are the next tier of backs who might see a Texas offer come their way? 

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yes!  If he is going to keep coaches who fall short in recruiting he will have to recruit for them or replace them. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well, Herman said he’s only recruiting players that he can win championships with, so I’m expecting 10-15 more 4 & 5 stars. 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

The only in-state RB's currently uncommited, who we have offered, are Evans, Jordan, and Smith (Jordan and Smith are listed as 'APB' on 247).

Out of state offers include Kendall Milton, Ashaad Johnson, and Sam Adams - none of whom seem to have any interest in Texas.

Who are the next tier of backs who might see a Texas offer come their way? 

Tavien Feaster?  Anything new on him?

https://thespun.com/college-football/6-schools-mentioned-for-clemson-rb-transfer-tavien-feaster

1 minute ago, Hornsfan91 said:

Seems like we can’t celebrate for one day on this thread. IT pumped the biggest sunshine in saying Robinson was going to commit on his OV.

Didn't one of them say that if Bijan goes to OSU, they have to completely reevaluate how they process information? Looks like they have some pretty big fucking homework to do

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

Didn't one of them say that if Bijan goes to OSU, they have to completely reevaluate how they process information? Looks like they have some pretty big fucking homework to do

It’s easier just to fight with your subs, then perform reverse psychology by suggesting that they leave the site to ensure that they don’t. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

20 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Tim Beck was Bijan's recruiter and it was pretty fucking clear that the reason that he was the recruiter was because Drayton not only shit the bed last year with any primary targets, but had also fucked any chance of getting back in on anyone late - because he had bungled all of those relationships. Secondary and even tertiary options were a hard fucking pass. 

Missing on Bijan sucks and isn't a surprise, but he was already the escape hatch for the Drayton failure with Evans, Milton, McClellan, and McGowan. 

It's gonna take BC, Washington, and/or Samples to get anyone in the boat --- luckily, it's only July. Perhaps those guys could fix the relationships with one of the aforementioned, as well as kicking the tires on Kevontre Bradford, Jayveon Sunday, or Ty Jordan. 

Edited by golfclap

16 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Tim Beck was Bijan's recruiter and it was pretty fucking clear that the reason that he was the recruiter was because Drayton not only shit the bed last year with any primary targets, but had also fucked any chance of getting back in on anyone late - because he had bungled all of those relationships. Secondary and even tertiary options were a hard fucking pass. 

Missing on Bijan sucks and isn't a surprise, but he was already the escape hatch for the Drayton failure with Evans, Milton, McClellan, and McGowan. 

It's gonna take BC, Washington, and/or Samples to get anyone in the boat --- luckily, it's only July. Perhaps those guys could fix the relationships with one of the aforementioned, as well as kicking the tires on Kevontre Bradford, Jayveon Sunday, or Ty Jordan. 

you sound in the know or at least you pretend really well to be in the know.  so what was drayton doing or not doing burning bridges?  is he just lazy?  his personality is sand paper?