Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

The same school that engineered Adrien Peterson driving a Lexus "test drive" for months and that had multiple players "employed" at Big Red Motors? That same Oklahoma is currently NOT paying players? They just turned over a brand new leaf and decided to just be clean now after 100 years of blatant cheating?

look, i get what you are saying but both of those situations are different than paying kids up front to attend your school.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Iā€™d like to hear all the new postersā€™ opinions.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Bolero88 said:

We lose recruits to Stanford regularly...

*lost. Itā€™s a new era, bitches.

1 hour ago, Dummy said:

Not advocating for Hester, but, outside of LVBS and Johnston, do we even have any other bodies on the board at WR or would it be preferable to just take 2 for this class?Ā 

Thereā€™s WR talent all over the country. Iā€™d rather wait for a late eval than take Hester now. Neither in state school offered him, which is obviously a bad sign, and it means it shouldnā€™t be hard to get him late if other options donā€™t emerge. He was rated high early, but has poor speed and will likely continue to fade as the cycle goes on.Ā Iā€™d rather leave the spot open for now and see what else pops up or take a higher upside guy.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, that's not at all what that other 90% said, again, you non reading fuck. I gave no reasons at all why not to take him. I said some of the board might not be excited because he was dismissed long ago or we got enamored with Ringo. But I'll hang up and listen while you find a single sentence I wrote that definitely lists a reason not to take him.Ā 

I canā€™t think of anything Iā€™d like to do less than whittle through a semantics debate with you any further right now, you pedantic stooge.Ā 

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

I doubt there is any school in the SEC sans maybe Vanderbilt that isn't actively doing something they shouldn't.Ā  It may be a more nuanced approach regarding GA.Ā  They've always recruited well.Ā  Going back to 2010 they've only been out of the top ten in class ranking oneĀ (12th in 2013).Ā  They seem to have recently turned up the heat and the results speak for themselves.Ā  2nd last year overall.Ā  1st in 2018.Ā  3rd in 2017.Ā  Top 5 this year for sure.Ā  As with Alabama, they also aren't going to catch much scrutiny as they are a CFB blue-blood and a cash-cow for the SEC.Ā Ā 

Georgia is not a blue blood, dude. Thatā€™s a proper term that you and others are bastardizing. Stop doing it. Do some quick research. Use a different term. There are 8 college blue bloods and the racists at Georgia arenā€™t part of it.Ā 

1 hour ago, Rick Fuckinā€™ Dalton said:

23, I didnā€™t start watching Texas football until the 2008 seasonĀ 

I donā€™t mind the new posters besides the mediocre or bizarre ripoffs on my handle. I do think ignorance from them, like whatā€™s seen in the quoted posterā€™sĀ first posts, is worthy of running over. Itā€™s not our fault youā€™re lazy. Do your fucking research before taking positions that are totally uninformed. And when I was posting younger than you, I knew who the historic cheaters were before the first character was ever fucking typed.Ā 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I canā€™t think of anything Iā€™d like to do less than whittle through a semantics debate with you any further right now, you pedantic stooge.Ā 

Georgia is not a blue blood, dude. Thatā€™s proper term that you and others are bastardizing. Stop doing it. Do some quick research. Use a different term. There are 8 college blue bloods and the racists at Georgia arenā€™t part of it.Ā 

I donā€™t mind the new posters besides the mediocre or bizarre ripoffs on my handle. I do think ignorance from them, like whatā€™s seen in the quoted posters first posts, is worthy of running over. Itā€™s not our fault youā€™re lazy. Do your fucking research before taking positions that are totally uninformed. And when I was posting younger than you, I knew who the historic cheaters were before the first character was ever fucking typed.Ā 

Well ok.Ā  You're somewhat of a giant bleedingĀ twat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Georgia is not a blue blood, dude. Thatā€™s proper term that you and others are bastardizing. Stop doing it. Do some quick research. Use a different term. There are 8 college blue bloods and the racists at Georgia arenā€™t part of it.Ā 

I donā€™t mind the new posters besides the mediocre or bizarre ripoffs on my handle. I do think ignorance from them, like whatā€™s seen in the quoted posters first posts, is worthy of running over. Itā€™s not our fault youā€™re lazy. Do your fucking research before taking positions that are totally uninformed. And when I was posting younger than you, I knew who the historic cheaters were before the first character was ever fucking typed.Ā 

My fault man, I was misinformed. Iā€™m a new poster up here and Iā€™m hoping to not be categorized with that other dude that has an obsession with UT and UGA women

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

That is not even close to how it works. Nice imagination though. There is also zero staff/administration involvement.Ā 

Think he's talking about Chance Mock except for the NFL part--still don't care.Ā  As for bidding wars, this would up there with never get involved in a land war in Asia.Ā 

Edited by Mdhorn

10 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Thereā€™s WR talent all over the country. Iā€™d rather wait for a late eval than take Hester now. Neither in state school offered him, which is obviously a bad sign, and it means it shouldnā€™t be hard to get him late if other options donā€™t emerge. He was rated high early, but has poor speed and will likely continue to fade as the cycle goes on.Ā Iā€™d rather leave the spot open for now and see what else pops up or take a higher upside guy.

The kid appears to be smitten. I won't be surprised if he shuts it down sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Rick Fuckinā€™ Dalton said:

My fault man, I was misinformed. Iā€™m a new poster up here and Iā€™m hoping to not be categorized with that other dude that has an obsession with UT and UGA women

That dude's not even new. He keeps getting banned and then re-emerging like a herpes virus.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He's already in the calculator.Ā  Maybe Texas sees a ceiling the rest of us don't.Ā 

He's got an excellent shuttle and VJ - but it doesn't look like it necessarily shows up in his hudl.Ā  Maybe they think they can get him to use that athleticism.

Definitely looks like weā€™re willing to take his commitment. Even thoughĀ Iā€™d prefer to wait for someone else, Iā€™d struggle to care less if he commits. Our WR position is stacked, and thereā€™s always in-state talent at the position, so fretting over the WR3 in this class seems silly. Now, if we miss on Johnston and JVBS...thatā€™ll be a different story.

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He's already in the calculator.Ā  Maybe Texas sees a ceiling the rest of us don't.Ā 

He's got an excellent shuttle and VJ - but it doesn't look like it necessarily shows up in his hudl.Ā  Maybe they think they can get him to use that athleticism.

Give him a year under Yancy and Iā€™m sure the athleticism will breakoutĀ 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Rick Fuckinā€™ Dalton said:

Iā€™m trying to hit the like button for what you said but itā€™s saying Iā€™m out of likes for today?

It's cause you're new. Post (good) more and you'll get more to distribute.

But don't make a fucking big deal out of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Well ok.Ā  You're somewhat of a giant bleedingĀ twat

Iā€™m a twat for giving a fuck about important shit regarding the brand of our football program, sure. Iā€™d rather be that than misinformed and posting ignorant shit that negatively impacts us while simultaneously looking like an idiot because of it with the points Iā€™m attempting to make.Ā Youā€™d rather go the latter route, I get it.Ā 

And to save you and anyone else some time on the ā€œtaking it a little seriously/it doesnā€™t matterā€ refrain, yeah, some of this should be taken seriously andĀ it does matter. We are on a fucking recruiting forum, daily. This is religious and you know it or you shouldnā€™t be here.Ā Or, fuck it. Letā€™s continue to equivocate and invite others who didnā€™t earn it into the fold and let themĀ call themselves and us whatever the fuck they want. Letā€™s trade style for substance, bit by little bit, the way we do everywhere else.Ā 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Iā€™m a twat for giving a fuck about important shit regarding the brand of our football program, sure. Iā€™d rather be that than misinformed and posting ignorant shit that negatively impacts us while simultaneously looking like an idiot because of it with the points Iā€™m attempting to make.Ā Youā€™d rather go the latter route, I get it.Ā 

And to save you and anyone else some time on the ā€œtaking it a little seriously/it doesnā€™t matterā€ refrain, yeah, some of this should be taken seriously andĀ it does matter. We are on a fucking recruiting forum, daily. This is religious and you know it or you shouldnā€™t be here.Ā Or, fuck it. Letā€™s continue to equivocate and invite others who didnā€™t earn it into the fold and let themĀ call themselves and us whatever the fuck they want. Letā€™s trade style for substance, bit by little bit, the way we do everywhere else.Ā 

So mis-characterizing an antiquated list of "blue blood" CFB programs that everyone with an IQ over room temperature knows if outdated equates to posting ignorant shit that negatively impacts "us"?

No, you're just being a whiny bitch and validating the stereotype of thin-skinned, obnoxious Texas fans.Ā  Blue-blood or not, GA is a top program.Ā  That's my fucking point.Ā  Any list including the burned out shell of a program formally known as Nebraska needs to be taken with a grain of salt.Ā  They are done.Ā  They are not coming back.Ā  There is no "horizon" for them.Ā Ā 

As stated, GA has ALWAYS recruited well.Ā  With Richt, and after.Ā  Are they clean?Ā  We all know the answer to that.Ā  But let's not keep fucking that chicken that the only way they're getting players is with cash-filled envelopes.Ā Ā 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

So mis-characterizing an antiquated list of "blue blood" CFB programs that everyone with an IQ over room temperature knows if outdated equates to posting ignorant shit that negatively impacts "us"?

No, you're just being a whiny bitch and validating the stereotype of thin-skinned, obnoxious Texas fans.Ā  Blue-blood or not, GA is a top program.Ā  That's my fucking point.Ā  Any list including the burned out shell of a program formally known as Nebraska needs to be taken with a grain of salt.Ā  They are done.Ā  They are not coming back.Ā  There is no "horizon" for them.Ā Ā 

As stated, GA has ALWAYS recruited well.Ā  With Richt, and after.Ā  Are they clean?Ā  We all know the answer to that.Ā  But let's not keep fucking that chicken that the only way they're getting players is with cash-filled envelopes.Ā Ā 

I don't think you're understanding what blueblood means in this context. I stopped reading after that.

Just now, texifornia said:

How long til we can just treat Nebraska like 1940s Yale? Because they're not coming back, the landscape has changed in a way that badly hurts them.

The era of the partial qualifier is over.Ā  That is what killed NU.Ā  They are done.Ā  As is that stupid list.Ā Ā 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Of course we lose recruits to Stanford. I'd certainly be surprised if we didn't. And honestly, if I'd had a choice between Texas and Stanford I would've chose Stanford. But Jorja, Bama, Gooner, Agroid, LowIQSU, OSSuck are not Stanford, and where there's smoke there's always fire. Losing recruits to Stanford, UM, Northwestern, ND doesn't bother me, but when it's to a school low on academics and high on reports of cheating you know something is going on.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 19

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

No, you're just being a whiny bitcļ»æh and validating the stereotype of thin-skinned, obnoxious Texas fans.Ā  Blue-blood or not, GA is a top program.Ā  That's my fucking point.Ā  Any list including the burned out shell of a program formally known as Nebraska needs to be taken with a grain of salt.Ā  They are done.Ā  They are not coming back.Ā  There is no "horizon" for them.Ā Ā 

As stated, GA has ALWAYS recruited well.Ā  With Richt, and after.Ā  Are they clean?Ā  We all know the answer to that.Ā  But let's not keep fucking that chicken that the only way they're getting players is with cash-filled envelopes.Ā Ā ļ»æ

Seriously, with all due respect go fuck yourself in your sandy vagina.Ā 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Your view of what a ā€œtop programā€ is and mine are simply fundamentally different. Georgia has won, what, one national title? Not in the top 10 in wins or winning percentage? Played for a title a few years ago, and so did Oregon, Virginia Tech and myriad others over the years that never really did much else. But hey, they recruit well to a nice city, so letā€™s give them a fucking label comparable to few who deserve it. Might as well do the same for ATM as well, since the qualifications on your end look similar.Ā 

And anyone writing Nebraska off definitively has no fucking clue how chaos or coaching works. Humans have a hard time predicting tomorrow accurately but you guys are moving them into Yale/Minnesota also-ran status. Got it.Ā 

• Like 7