Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

10 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

A&M at number 2? Have they always been near the top in revenue or did they get a one year bump for some reason? As I recall, it's long been Texas and tOSU at the top, but I don't recall seeing aggy up there.

Based on what I see in the details - their contribution levels are about 50M more per year starting in 2015 then historical trends. Smells like they are including money given for capital projects, etc. Not really revenue. 

Contributions: Includes amounts received directly from individuals, corporations, associations, foundations, clubs or other organizations for the operations of the athletics program. Amounts paid in excess of a ticket’s value. Contributions include cash, marketable securities and in-kind contributions such as dealer-provided cars for staff use. Also includes revenue from preferential seating.

2 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Based on what I see in the details - their contribution levels are about 50M more per year starting in 2015 then historical trends. Smells like they are including money given for capital projects, etc. Not really revenue. 

Contributions: Includes amounts received directly from individuals, corporations, associations, foundations, clubs or other organizations for the operations of the athletics program. Amounts paid in excess of a ticket’s value. Contributions include cash, marketable securities and in-kind contributions such as dealer-provided cars for staff use. Also includes revenue from preferential seating.

Dont feed the trolls.

And yes, it's just the ramped up contributions made to construct their stadium. It comes off the books this year, I believe. Other schools also count contributions, notably Oregon. Texas refuses to do that, if they did then our "revenue" would probably be double or triple what's reported, especially when we're building the new South Endzone. 

• Like 1

It is, but those goat-fuckers have deep pockets.  They're moving a pig through the snake right now with contributions and donations, but going forward, it's a bigger snake.  See their enrollment numbers.  They want to be tOSU.  While Texas is becoming more and more selective, they are taking the opposite approach and hoping to raise contributions via a larger donation pool.  They are watering down enrollment and graduation requirements and flushing the system with paying attendees.  So now, they all get to point at watered down degrees on their walls, 75-72 graduation rings, and the hope that next year "might" be better than 8-4.

Fuck em'

Good info. Thanks. Maybe donations for their new stadium and Jimbo's $75 million bargain.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Because kids today - primarily from urban backgrounds, are vetting programs on the number of aggregate titles won and their historical ranking in total wins or percentage.  Got it.  

What I also "get" is you bitching and moaning at the mention that a program such and theirs dare be mentioned in the same breath as us.  A "true" blue blood.  JFC it's this pretentious nonsense that had us wondering the fucking wilderness for the better part of a decade.  As if the mere mention of their academic and athletic success somehow diminishes ours?

Nebraska is far from a "coaching" change away from being back in the conversation of an elite program.  As Oklahoma feasted off Texas talent, NU feasted off inner-city kids and corn-fed linemen who used partial-qualifiers to bring in players who have no chance in ever seeing the field.  They are fucked seven ways to Sunday.  They have no access to talent.  They have no way to bring in sed talent.  Nor do they have a coach that has proven he can get them back even sniffing a conference.  

* wandering

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I took exception to you fucking up the term “blue blood” because, well, you did. I didn’t say anything about Georgia not being relevant to recruits today. That’s a non sequitur that you’re inserting as you flail in an effort to spar adequately. 

You’re flipping out over this concern you have of me viewing Texas on another level as a program over Georgia. You keep referring to this being something that is an example of why other programs don’t like us and such. You seem to very, very concerned about how other programs and fans view us. 

So let me help out here, Captain Two-In-The-Goo, One-In-The-Poo. I absolutely believe that Texas is on another level above Georgia. I view us as better people, a better program, a better culture, and products mostly of a better state. I view us in that fashion over all but a few in college football and, really, overall universities. I look down on cheating programs in the backwater of the SEC with pure, uncut disdain. I do that to OU, Ohio State, USC, and virtually everyone else as well. I cheer against all of them wildly and without pause. I want nothing but bad things to happen to most other fanbases. I get downright fucking petty with it, as I rest comfortably in my patrician ivory tower. I even fucking cheer for calamities like injuries on the field or for the HC to have a seizure on the sidelines. I’ve laughed heartily at Jerry Kill going down midgame. I’ve hoped out loud that Bob Stoops would meet the same fate as his father on the sidelines. Unapologetically. 

And to the concern about other fans not liking that or judging us for that behavior? Fuck’em if they can’t take a joke. They hate us because of the greatness and brand we’ve honed over the last 120+ years of playing the game and being this university. They hate us because we’re rich, good looking and have a history of stealing their girls. They revel in our misery and kick us when we are down.  I might as well get to enjoy myself in their misery and inferiority on the other side. It’s not any more my problem that that makes them mad than it is my problem that your pussy quivers in fear that some of these shitheel groups won’t like you. That’s your bullshit, and you’re spewing it all over this board.

Hope that helps. 

200.gif

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

I will confirm that the womenz in Athens are of very high quality, campus is beautiful, party scene is fun.  But it’s still not Texas.  They signed like six 5 stars in one cycle... they didn’t go there bc UGA is a blue blood.  They went there bc Kirby Smart is openly buying recruits and doing it at a level that would make Nick Saban blush.  

If Kirby is buying recruits, he learned it from Saban, knowing how to get away with it.

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I took exception to you fucking up the term “blue blood” because, well, you did. I didn’t say anything about Georgia not being relevant to recruits today. That’s a non sequitur that you’re inserting as you flail in an effort to spar adequately. 

You’re flipping out over this concern you have of me viewing Texas on another level as a program over Georgia. You keep referring to this being something that is an example of why other programs don’t like us and such. You seem to very, very concerned about how other programs and fans view us. 

So let me help out here, Captain Two-In-The-Goo, One-In-The-Poo. I absolutely believe that Texas is on another level above Georgia. I view us as better people, a better program, a better culture, and products mostly of a better state. I view us in that fashion over all but a few in college football and, really, overall universities. I look down on cheating programs in the backwater of the SEC with pure, uncut disdain. I do that to OU, Ohio State, USC, and virtually everyone else as well. I cheer against all of them wildly and without pause. I want nothing but bad things to happen to most other fanbases. I get downright fucking petty with it, as I rest comfortably in my patrician ivory tower. I even fucking cheer for calamities like injuries on the field or for the HC to have a seizure on the sidelines. I’ve laughed heartily at Jerry Kill going down midgame. I’ve hoped out loud that Bob Stoops would meet the same fate as his father on the sidelines. Unapologetically. 

And to the concern about other fans not liking that or judging us for that behavior? Fuck’em if they can’t take a joke. They hate us because of the greatness and brand we’ve honed over the last 120+ years of playing the game and being this university. They hate us because we’re rich, good looking and have a history of stealing their girls. They revel in our misery and kick us when we are down.  I might as well get to enjoy myself in their misery and inferiority on the other side. It’s not any more my problem that that makes them mad than it is my problem that your pussy quivers in fear that some of these shitheel groups won’t like you. That’s your bullshit, and you’re spewing it all over this board.

Hope that helps. 

It does.  Like I said initially.  Giant bleeding twat.  But you did manage to get all that off your chest.  So I hope you do feel better.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/11/2019 at 2:47 PM, sidis said:

honestly, one of the best parts of this site these days is just randomly checking in on this thread once or twice a week and to try and guess just what the in the ever-loving fuck is going on in it and why.  whatever random shit you can compose in your mind, it will be bested by reality in here.

keep up the good work, folks. 

weekly drop in to see how we are feeling about bijan, thompson, etc...

then skim a couple of pages...

then remember my new maxim on this thread quoted above.

Hope that helps. 

63266dbe7ccfeb4dc3c3864bc595c712.gif
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hope that helps. 

Preach