Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Meh, I'd rather slow play those cops and recruit these ones.

tenor.gif?itemid=11721410

The first cop who makes the hit is a definite take. Diagnoses the play, takes a great angle, exhibits excellent closing speed and acceleration along with perfect form -- head across the bow. And he gets there with bad intention. Love him. That's the best high school tape I've seen since Charles Jefferson out of Ridgemont. I'm going to pass on cop #2. He had the better angle to start with, was late to diagnose, failed to gang tackle and then exhibited terrible agility. Cop #3 was flat out loafing, never makes contact and doesn't play through the whistle. Another pass.

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

FWIW, he ran a 4.63 at a Rivals camp in LA two years ago: https://www.ncsasports.org/football/combine-results/2017-los-angeles-rivals-combine-results

It seems like every reported 40 time for Bijan is about two years old. He doesn’t appear to have 4.4 speed on his film as he’s not just burning past guys on his long runs and I’d assume a lot of those other AZ kids aren’t running 4.4s.  Though, his speed does look pretty good in clips against Saguro (Ringo’s team that has like 20 D1 prospects).  He seems like a player that’s more quickness than long speed, so I’d guess he runs in the low 4.5s, but it’s hard to say.

On a related note to my other post, it’s really annoying that the Opening regionals no longer release testing times. Makes it a lot harder to tell how good of an athlete a guy really is.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

(intentionally left out Burt Macklin because that will drive him crazy)

I am so triggered right now.

13 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Just got done wading through the absolute shit-show that has been this week.  Was out for vacation in early July and have been traveling for work since I got back.  Unfortunately, I'll probably be underwater until about the La. Tech game, so my chiming in will be sporadic.

So I guess to summarize, fuck you Carl Winslow's unlimited sock puppets, fuck you aggy.  Machinator lacks the ability to feel empathy.  Satya is a bitchass bitch.  Sydney is illiterate.  CTJ runs a slow 40 and tries to overcompensate for lack of penis size by relying too heavily on a thesaurus.  Texifornia's posts are unbearably silver-spoon tinted, and he almost certainly sucks at marketing. HankScorpio is this site's best poster by 8,000%, and CasualEncounter had sex with my mom.  Wait, what.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The commonwealths of Puerto Rico and the Northern Marina Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam also do not observe daylight savings time.

Also, if he was committing in the Navajo Nation of Arizona, he would be going to USC, because they do observe daylight saving time.

15 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Just got done wading through the absolute shit-show that has been this week.  Was out for vacation in early July and have been traveling for work since I got back.  Unfortunately, I'll probably be underwater until about the La. Tech game, so my chiming in will be sporadic.

So I guess to summarize, fuck you Carl Winslow's unlimited sock puppets, fuck you aggy.  Machinator lacks the ability to feel empathy.  Satya is a bitchass bitch.  Sydney is illiterate.  CTJ runs a slow 40 and tries to overcompensate for lack of penis size by relying too heavily on a thesaurus.  Texifornia's posts are unbearably silver-spoon tinted, and he almost certainly sucks at marketing. HankScorpio is this site's best poster by 8,000%, and CasualEncounter had sex with my mom.  Wait, what.

tenor.gif?itemid=5958826

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

Guys daylight savings time skips Arizona.

About 60% of the people on this board don't know what Arizona is. 

About 95% don't know what daylight savings time means.

The only people who can put everything together are likely me and you, and I'm not to sure about you.

Just now, d.plainview872 said:

Bijans tape reminds me of Malcolm Browns.

Seem different in terms of top end to me.  On MB's tape he was oftentimes getting run down on his breakaway runs; he just broke pretty much every single attempted tackle.  Bijan has similar vision to find those holes like MB, but he also appears to have another gear.

How much of that is playing AZ vs. playing high-level Texas high school football?  I don't know.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Seem different in terms of top end to me.  On MB's tape he was oftentimes getting run down on his breakaway runs; he just broke pretty much every single attempted tackle. 

That's what I remember from MB, even as a Longhorn.  Great player for us, but seemed like his longest gains rarely topped the 20 yard range. 

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

That's what I remember from MB, even as a Longhorn.  Great player for us, but seemed like his longest gains rarely topped the 20 yard range. 

Yes.  Hard to remember any runs by MB where he didn't get 3 or more yards.  Also hard to remember any where he got more than 15 or 20.

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Seem different in terms of top end to me.  On MB's tape he was oftentimes getting run down on his breakaway runs; he just broke pretty much every single attempted tackle.  Bijan has similar vision to find those holes like MB, but he also appears to have another gear.

How much of that is playing AZ vs. playing high-level Texas high school football?  I don't know.

Bijan's offensive line doesn't seem quite as dominant as MB's, but neither seem to ever get tackled in their highlights.

Has this been covered?

Adding Bijay and the two Thompsons would put us at 247.70, according to the calculator.  Good for 8th in the overall standings, with only 14 commits.

Adding Hester to that would take us to 255.90, good for 6th place.

Adding Collins to that would take us to 263.10, still 6th place.

Adding LVBS to that would take us to 268.15, still 6th place.

Adding QJ to that would take us to 276.30, good for 5th place.

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Has this been covered?

Adding Bijay and the two Thompsons would put us at 247.70, according to the calculator.  Good for 8th in the overall standings, with only 14 commits.

Also A&M is at 8 and OU is at 13. We could/should pass both within a week.

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Has this been covered?

You forgot the part about Fillinger and Karic getting bumps to composite 4* that will push us to 4th place.

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

EA4qUblXUAANVeb?format=jpg&name=medium

seagull

A rogue seagull ripped off a man’s right testicle as he sunbathed naked in his back garden, it has emerged.

Experts say the fearsome bird mistook the man’s exposed privates as a couple of birds eggs and dropped in for a tasty snack.

As the man – who has not been named – dozed on his patio in his detached home near Ipswich, the seagull swooped from the sky, and with one bite of its beak ripped away the right testicle.

In gripping scenes that could have been written by a copywriter, he woke screaming in agony and saw the bird flying away with one of his ‘crown jewels’ wedged in its yellow beak.

His wife called an ambulance, and staff at Ipswich Hospital’s accident and emergency department had to patch him up, and give him a course of antibiotics to prevent infection.

A hospital source said: “Nobody could quite believe it when the poor chap was brought in. There was a lot of blood and he was in agony, but he will feel better in a few weeks.

“The injury is not life-threatening, and tests have confirmed that his remaining testicle is still in working order, so he will be able to have children.”

A spokesman for research group Seagull Watch International confirmed that seagulls often feed on the eggs of small birds.

“Eggs are full of protein – it’s why we eat them, after all. Gulls will often steal other birds’ eggs, so it is unfortunate for this man that his private parts resembled a couple of eggs in a nest.

“It was no doubt a young adult gull that is still learning to be independent.

“This is the first time we have heard of such an attack in the UK, and it is probably a one-off event, but just in case this particular seagull has now got a taste for ‘men’s eggs’, we would recommend putting some shorts on while sunbathing at home.” 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Everyone knows Mountain is a trash ass timezone.

Wrong.gif

15 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Has this been covered?

By the time all of these players commit, do you think it’s possible that other schools ahead of us might also have another commit or two?  Is that how recruiting works, outside of college station?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

If we finish with this class in the top 5 that will be pretty incredible considering the classes Clemson, Bama, LSU, tOSU, and UGA are putting together. Last year was a down year at the top of the rankings but this year seems like there are a ton of great classes.

I'd consider 6th pretty damn good considering our likely class size and what is going on with the above five.  I think 2021 might be pretty epic though...

20 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Has this been covered?

@Katfid54 strikes again. 

13 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

If we finish with this class in the top 5 that will be pretty incredible considering the classes Clemson, Bama, LSU, tOSU, and UGA are putting together. Last year was a down year at the top of the rankings but this year seems like there are a ton of great classes.

There’s almost no chance we finish top 5 with our expected class size. Even if we took 25+, I’m not sure we could finish top 5.

We’re likely headed for a 6th-8th place finish depending on our class size compared to some of the others. We might do a little better in class average. 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wrong.gif

By the time all of these players commit, do you think it’s possible that other schools ahead of us might also have another commit or two?  Is that how recruiting works, outside of college station?

That is a brilliant point considering Katfid definitively guaranteed we’d have that specific rank at the time of each commit. 

It seems to me the more salient question to ask, though, would be how far will we drop in the 2020 rankings if we miss out on the Brockermeyer brothers? Would all of our 2020 class decommit instantaneously, or do you think it would take a couple hours? 

13 minutes ago, Goodman said:

“This is the first time we have heard of such an attack in the UK, and it is probably a one-off event, but just in case this particular seagull has now got a taste for ‘men’s eggs’, we would recommend putting some shorts on while sunbathing at home.” 

Yeah, that's why he can still have kids.

• Like 1