Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Apparently Angulo did know something

https://247sports.com/Article/College-Football-Recruiting-Five-star-RB-Bijan-Robinson-commits-to-Texas-Longhorns-134137441/

"It's family at Texas and coach (Stan) Drayton is a God-fearing man, and that's good for me because I feel he'd be the best for me in developing as a person," Robinson told 247Sports. "Off the field, he's about staying strong in your faith and being a good man. On the field, he's coached some big-time backs before like Ezekiel Elliott, Matt Forte, Arian Foster -- it's a good look for me.

"This whole time I knew it was Texas, but all the pressure coming to me from Ohio State was a reason why I was going there initially. Then I realized that it wasn't for me. Everything that I need is at Texas."

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Shots fired at Brutus:

"This whole time I knew it was Texas, but all the pressure coming to me from Ohio State was a reason why I was going there initially. Then I realized that it wasn't for me. Everything that I need is at Texas."

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He averaged over 14 yards per carry as a junior last season, totaling 2,400 yards and 35 touchdowns in 13 games.”

Is that good?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Bijan:

"It's family at Texas and coach (Stan) Drayton is a God-fearing man, and that's good for me because I feel he'd be the best for me in developing as a person," Robinson told 247Sports. "Off the field, he's about staying strong in your faith and being a good man. On the field, he's coached some big-time backs before like Ezekiel Elliott, Matt Forte, Arian Foster -- it's a good look for me.

Edited by Bam Bam Sam
Damn someone beat me to it. I read slow
  • Like 2

Have to tip the cap to the much maligned Drayton. He obviously connected with tge kid and kept at it even when things looked to be over. Bijan's quotes certainly read like he's shutting things down. I remember reading he'd set up an OV to UCLA. Is there anything to that?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Have to tip the cap to the much maligned Drayton. He obviously connected with tge kid and kept at it even when things looked to be over. Bijan's quotes certainly read like he's shutting things down. I remember reading he'd set up an OV to UCLA. Is there anything to that?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Unrelated, but chip Kelly has just become a reborn Christian. 

• Like 5