Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

3 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

God damn we have some aggy in our own fanbase. I know some responses are satire, but still  

Kid picked another school. It sucks. Trashing him by saying he got paid or because he’s too weak to ignore his dad and make his own decision is aggy as fuck. 

We lost. 

I don’t think anybody is trashing him, we’re just stating the obvious in regards to what happened with CTJ

13 minutes ago, Richter said:

Ja’Quinden Jackson needs to go full Milroe soon.

I was led to believe he was the Pied Piper of the I-20 corridor. Not sure how many targets are left there for '20, but I'll settle for just locking in Byrd, Quay and Ibraheem (and probably at least one more I'm forgetting) from '21.

28 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Damn his dad fucked him over

Then again how could we ever compete with this illustrious list of Auburn Safeties and Linebackers drafted in the last decade: 

Deshaun Davis (2019 6th round) 

Rudy Ford (2017 6th round) 

Corey Lemonier (2013 3rd round) 

Auburn was clearly the better choice for his development

Well,  it couldn't be for their success with DB's in the NFL, and it can't be for their great engineering program there.  It has to be secsec....that's all that's left.  Bama is 10 years behind the rest of the country!  To be continued....

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Who?  And how'd that turn out for him?

4* out of the 2016 class.. chose Ole Miss, transferred to Houston

https://247sports.com/player/deontay-anderson-23450/

felt he was mislead by Freeze https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-star-ole-miss-s-deontay-anderson-wants-transfer-cites-misled-ncaa-case/

Sat out last season, will be playing this fall for Houston.

• Like 1

Just now, Thiefery said:

4* out of the 2016 class.. chose Ole Miss, transferred to Houston

https://247sports.com/player/deontay-anderson-23450/

felt he was mislead by Freeze https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-star-ole-miss-s-deontay-anderson-wants-transfer-cites-misled-ncaa-case/

Sat out last season, will be playing this fall for Houston.

Anderson actually spoke highly of Texas to other recruits, if I remember correctly. But yeah, he went the ole miss path. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Agreed but I will always root for PAC over SEC.

I think CTJr. is more flippable because of the prospects of a coaching change. Auburn being shit works more in our favor.

That said, if this went down like we think it did, it doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

God damn we have some aggy in our own fanbase. I know some responses are satire, but still  

Kid picked another school. It sucks. Trashing him by saying he got paid or because he’s too weak to ignore his dad and make his own decision is aggy as fuck. 

We lost. 

spacer.png

This recruitment feels so much like Jalen Catalon from last year. Fringe 3/4star rating from the services, but a real baller that would have thrived in our scheme and everyone was really excited about. Sucks to lose him, but at least the depth chart cushions the blow. 

15 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

We lost. 

I wish we wouldn't turn on each other. With all due respect (and I am looking at my ring as I type this) I wish you old army guys would join us here in 2019. This is NOT the same old 40 acres anymore. Now, the only way schools can compete with us is by giving out cash and vehicles, or in this case, a dad that got paid. All of us in here call it as we see it. This sucks but the nattys we are about to get because of the Herm is a nice consolation prize.

LOLOL... I mean, of all the schools, he chose Auburn, a school that’s been trying to fire their head coach.  The guy had committable offers from some decent schools.  Texas’s DB development is well beyond Auburn’s.  Diggs, Hill, Boyd, Elliot, Thompson Ofer the last 3-4 years.  Jones, Sterns, Foster, Cook, Green, Overshown will all get drafted.  He was a perfect fit for our Joker position.  Luckily we had some badasses coming in and we’re looking damn good in 2021.

Good luck to you CTJ.  Hopefully he can stay relevant at that 2nd tier program.

Edited by victory88

7 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

This recruitment feels so much like Jalen Catalon from last year. Fringe 3/4star rating from the services, but a real baller that would have thrived in our scheme and everyone was really excited about. Sucks to lose him, but at least the depth chart cushions the blow. 

Except there were many reasons known for why Catalon would want to go to Arkansas.  His girlfriend went there. Morris’ sister was a teacher at Catalon’s HS. Morris was preaching up the Christian angle and Zach Smith’s stuff come out (his parents reportedly liked TCU a lot as well). 

Thompson was all Texas and then made a hard U-turn to Auburn over the last week or so. There really aren’t any connections for him to Auburn. Auburn doesn’t really have a great history of producing NFL DBs. Malzahn has perennially been on the hot seat. They also have a long history of paying recruits. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Except there were many reasons known for why Catalon would want to go to Arkansas.  His girlfriend went there. Morris’ sister was a teacher at Catalon’s HS. Morris was preaching up the Christian angle and Zach Smith’s stuff come out (his parents reportedly liked TCU a lot as well). 

Thompson was all Texas and then made a hard U-turn to Auburn over the last week or so. There really aren’t any connections for him to Auburn. Auburn doesn’t really have a great history of producing NFL DBs. Malzahn has perennially been on the hot seat. They also have a long history of paying recruits. 

Their DB coach was at Ole Miss during the Freeze era.  Dad got a nice fat bag of cash. Has nothing to do with depth chart, NFL development, or academics.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

We lost. 

No one wants to connect the dots re: Samples leaving and the sudden turn in CTJ's recruitment (although plenty will flame anyone who does, apparently). So instead the thread has turned into a "CTJ just got paid, no real issues here folks"-type narrative.

I think the impact will be felt again next cycle with Savion Byrd.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Their DB coach was at Ole Miss during the Freeze era.  Dad got a nice fat bag of cash. Has nothing to do with depth chart, NFL development, or academics.

Stop with this aggie talk!!1!! Chris’ dad was just impressed by the number of fat trailer trash chicks and dudes with white power tattoos roaming around the greater Auburn area!

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

No one wants to connect the dots re: Samples leaving and the sudden turn in CTJ's recruitment (although plenty will flame anyone who does, apparently). So instead the thread has turned into a "CTJ just got paid, no real issues here folks"-type narrative.

You really just can't help yourself.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Saty is in his element right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Auburn came into the picture before Samples leaving was a thing.  It wasn’t sudden, at least according to Roach. 

• Like 2

I don't have any issues with a kid going where they want, but I sincerely hope my children are strong enough to follow their own dreams and not be dominated by myself or my better half if we have a different opinion.  I can respect that even if I think it's wrong.

I’m ok with it. See e.g. Broughton and Bijan

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Not much we can do regarding Samples at this point.  However, if we have another successful season, I think that will significantly lessen the blow of losing Samples.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You really just can't help yourself.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Saty is in his element right now. 

Har har. People are downplaying Samples' departure in a big way.

I will say that there's a lot more catalysis going on with the 2021 group, but it's important to have a guy like Samples in your corner with these types of recruitments.

• Like 1

Har har. People are downplaying Samples' departure in a big way.

I will say that there's a lot more catalysis going on with the 2021 group, but it's important to have a guy like Samples in your corner with these types of recruitments.

Losing Samples hurt.

It likely wouldn't have made a difference in this particular recruitment.

Stop being dense.

• Like 1