Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Updated visitor list for 2020 from IT:

Spoiler

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (TEXAS)
QB Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (TEXAS)
RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite
WR Quentin Johnston, Temple (TEXAS)
OL Jaylen Garth, PNG (TEXAS)
OL Jake Majors, Prosper (TEXAS)
OL Andrej Karic, Southlake Carroll (Official) (TEXAS)
DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor (TEXAS)
LB Prince Dorbah, Highland Park (TEXAS)
CB Ethan Pouncey, Winter Park (Fla.) (TEXAS)
S Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin (TEXAS)
S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek (TEXAS)

I don't think we will see Josh White or JSN added to this list officially, but may still see them at the game. Also of note, only Karic is using his official which means we should see almost all of these guys again this season for their OV. Of all the visitors listed from 20/21/22, no one is committed elsewhere - only Texas commits and free agents.

9 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I don’t want to speak for @closetojumping but this is probably the greatest achievement of his life.

8 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

This was the best quote I’ve ever received. I don’t think I’ll ever do better. Congrats @closetojumping

The sense of fulfillment I got from reading that update is simultaneously amazeballs and disturbing. 

• Like 6

IT

STATE OF RECRUITING

Some of the state's best are expected in Austin this weekend for the Top 10 matchup between LSU (#6) and Texas (#9). I don't think you'll see any official visitors on Saturday; with a matchup like this, using an OV for a different date could actually be more constructive. Not as much face-time with Tom Herman and the coaches - they are preparing for battle. A less amplified game with more personal attention will serve the program's best interests.

This class started strong - Parr, Majors, Garth, JQJ - then hit a lull in late spring. June netted the most underrated corner in-state, Kitan Crawford (John Tyler), then picked up major steam in July that created momentum through August and crossed over classes. Milroe happened. Then Conner. Suddenly the 2021 squad was morphing into its own identity while the 2020 group solidified its own. Broughton. Bijan. Pouncey. The "summer commitment" became the new thing in high school recruiting and Texas was finally as cool to recruits as it always is to you.

The season began with a productive unofficial visit by Alfred Collins during the Louisiana Tech rout. Then the LSU game became the hot ticket.

The buzz around the Forty this weekend is there's the potential for a commitment or two. We'll look at the recruiting visitor list from 2020 to 2023, including most of UT's #cloUT2020. Will Ty Jordan be the only uncommitted prospect from the 2020 cycle on campus this weekend? We'll see. There could be surprise or two.

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (Austin, TX)
QB Ja’Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX)

RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite (Mesquite, TX): He might be 5-foot-7, but he plays much larger. At 188 pounds, the running brick is hard to tackle and dynamic in space. He fits multiple roles and would be more than just a complimentary back to five-star pledge Bijan Robinson.

WR Quentin Johnston, Temple (Temple, TX)
OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (Port Neches, TX)
OL Andrej Karic, Carroll (Southlake, TX)
OL Jake Majors, Prosper (Prosper, TX)
DE Vernon Broughton, Cypress Ridge (Houston, TX)
DE Princely Umanmielen, Manor (Manor, TX)
LB Prince Dorbah, Highland Park (Dallas, TX)
CB Ethan Pouncey, Winter Park (Winter Park, FL)
S Xavion Alford, Shadow Creek (Pearland, TX)
S Jerrin Thompson, Lufkin (Lufkin, TX)
ATH Jaden Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview (Arlington, TX)