Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Naturally.

Hahahaha. I don’t follow the CB stuff this early for the most part, but what is it with the aggie mods? Are they just down the line picking ATM with their CBs if the player is in Texas and can fog a mirror? Absurd. Evans has not shown a single sign at any point in his recruitment that he’s interested in ATM, much less leaning there. I guess naming them in the top 11 is something.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahaha. I don’t follow the CB stuff this early for the most part, but what is it with the aggie mods? Are they just down the line picking ATM with their CBs if the player is in Texas and can fog a mirror? Absurd. Evans has not shown a single sign at any point in his recruitment that he’s interested in ATM, much less leaning there. I guess naming them in the top 11 is something.

Sayles, Perroni, and Warren all put in aggy picks after the moral victory over Clemson for Evans like they did a lot of others.

If you want something even better to laugh at go look at the 2021 crystal ball picks.

Edit:  Machinator posted the link.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

53 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sayles, Perroni, and Warren all put in aggy picks after the moral victory over Clemson for Evans like they did a lot of others.

That’s hilarious. Predicting a full year and a half before he can sign that a guy who could literally go to any program that he wants, would want to go to aggy.  And what makes aggy so desirable?  Loss to Clemson. Whoop!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Even funnier to me is that one Ok State mod still has his CB in for Evans. That dude was so stoked just to be named to Evans's top 11. It was like reading a Perroni article. 

They then use those baseless prediction to whip themselves into a frenzy about how they’re going to sign the number 1 class in the country. Classic aggy positive feedback loop.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

in general i would say that perception is important for the momentum and direction of a college football program, and recruiting can provide an early push, especially in the offseason when you need off-the-field momentum.

but in this case, it's all to feed the aggie groupthink, which eventually leads to them having their heads in the clouds/sand, which in turn triggers their inevitable meltdown.  so for this reason, i'm in favor of it.  vote straight ticket aggie down the line for the top 30.  do it.

31 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

They then use those baseless prediction to whip themselves into a frenzy about how they’re going to sign the number 1 class in the country. Classic aggy positive self-reinforcing negative feedback loop.

edited for the non=engineering majority

Edited by sushihorn

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If you want something even better to laugh at go look at the 2021 crystal ball picks.

Edit:  Machinator posted the link.

Aggy should focus on McGowan, he's their only hope of landing a good in state back in 2020. 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Or EJ Smith. Or McClellan, if OU takes McGowan and he starts looking around more 

My OU guy says they're focused on keeping McClellan and don't want to rock the boat. So much so, they've backed way off of Kendall Milton. I doubt they're recruiting McGowan that hard. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis