Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

Ian Boyd: Texas' 2020 personnel in a Chris Ash, 4-2-5 Under

I was wondering why Boyd kept prefacing what he was about to write and then I got to the part where he suggested Overshown at Boundary safety in a Quarters defense. Yeesh. That is classic Boyd overthinking shit, especially when you have someone like Chris Brown to play there. And comparing him to Edmunds or Chancellor who played in completely different defenses also doesn’t make any sense. 

I do like the idea of Jamison at Nickel and Foster spinning down to LB, if he can be sold on it. Jamison has the aggressiveness and physicality to hold up at Nickel when someone in your defensive front actually has responsibility for holding the edge. 

1 hour ago, Hornsfan91 said:

1.3 million a year. I’m sure UT could of countered that. Anybody got some inside scoop on this?

Of fucking course - we could have blown that out of the water if we really wanted Harrell. And we clearly should have really wanted Harrell. Unless the headman is a narcissistic maniac who refuses to allow any outside viewpoints because HE knows more than everyone. 

46 minutes ago, satyanash said:

spacer.png

I just do not believe there is any chance that LSU will let that happen. They'll pull all of Louisiana's highway and public works funding to make sure. And then, since that's only like $12.00, they'll make cuts to entitlement funding and whatever the fuck else they have to. Brady isn't leaving LSU this year - and he sure as fuck isn't going anywhere to work for Herman's ass.

Edited by campcrunk

3 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Of fucking course - we could have blown that out of the water if we really wanted Harrell. And we clearly should have really wanted Harrell. Unless the headman is a narcissistic maniac who refuses to allow any outside viewpoints because HE knows more than everyone. 

I just do not believe there is any chance that LSU will let that happen. They'll pull all of Louisiana's highway and public works funding to make sure. And then, since that's only like $12.00, they'll make cuts to entitlement funding and whatever the fuck else they have to. Brady isn't leaving LSU this year - and he sure as fuck isn't going anywhere to play for Herman's ass.

At that point it wasn't the money, and it's Herman sticking to his guns on not liking the Air Raid.

4 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I just do not believe there is any chance that LSU will let that happen. They'll pull all of Louisiana's highway and public works funding to make sure. And then, since that's only like $12.00, they'll make cuts to entitlement funding and whatever the fuck else they have to. Brady isn't leaving LSU this year - and he sure as fuck isn't going anywhere to play for Herman's ass.

No one thinks Brady is leaving, not even Nahlin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Obviously not, that’s why everyone is making shit up. Agents are probably feeding bullshit to $9.95ers and we get get fed shit sandwiches. 

Connect the dots. Just try...why did Harrell turn down what many, including you, painted as an obvious move...

Just now, Fud said:

Fuck, sounds like Johnston is signing with TCU on Wednesday 

Honestly, at this point I do not blame him. It’s like Glen Gary Glen Ross with the prized leads. We are Ed Harris and giving us a player like Johnston is not going to happen. Johnston is for closers. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Flipping to any of 8 other Big XII teams, hey sure, makes sense for a wideout.

Flipping to TCU... the fuck?

They stayed on him, and then texas fired his future position coaches and decided to not have replacements ready for NSD 

Roach / Johnston

Spoiler

It sounds like there is a lot of indecision going on right now. A source I spoke with indicated that Quentin is struggling with the decision and had some time to think about things. Im also told that the fact there is no wide receiver coach in place is really playing in right now. I'm checking with sources on the TCU side, but this thing could go either way at this point

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Honestly, at this point I do not blame him. It’s like Glen Gary Glen Ross with the prized leads. We are Ed Harris and giving us a player like Johnston is not going to happen. Johnston is for closers. 

For the last time, the part of the equation people don’t get is him going to TCU, not him deciding not to go to Texas. That part is abundantly clear right now. 

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach / Johnston

Reveal hidden contents

It sounds like there is a lot of indecision going on right now. A source I spoke with indicated that Quentin is struggling with the decision and had some time to think about things. Im also told that the fact there is no wide receiver coach in place is really playing in right now. I'm checking with sources on the TCU side, but this thing could go either way at this point

Just have to hope and pray QJ holds off til NSD2. Herman not being able to hire an OC for the last 3 weeks is really fucking us. QJ is a difference maker. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

For the last time, the part of the equation people don’t get is him going to TCU, not him deciding not to go to Texas. That part is abundantly clear right now. 

Just have to hope and pray QJ holds off til NSD2. Herman not being able to hire an OC for the last 3 weeks is really fucking us. QJ is a difference maker. 

There are so many great options for the WR coach too. It's going to be near impossible for Herman to fuck it up. But we're waiting so long. JFC Tom.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

For the last time? People just don’t get it? Well, fuck me I do not realize I was in the presence of such an enlightened man! 

Dude we fucking get it. In case you missed it TCU dismantled us with a true freshman QB. It’s not a stretch to convince QJ that true freshman QB will only get better. You know like, Sam did? 

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t understand why kids don’t take that option. Not like he’s going to lose a spot anywhere. Just wait and make an informed decision

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Assuming Texas can’t change QJ’s mind, they should look at Savion Williams, who’s was supposed to sign with SMU on weds, but word is he’s holding off until February 

We should probably hire some coaches at some point too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

I'm fine with that, but I want this hire to show that he realizes the importance of the passing game.

Herman will hire someone he was on staff with in the past, he’s proven to be near incapable of anything else.

35 minutes ago, Fud said:

Fuck, sounds like Johnston is signing with TCU on Wednesday 

Sigh. This shit was so mismanaged.

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We have a game in the meantime, too... if @closetojumping is correct, a blowout loss to Utah might shorten Herman's tenure here considerably.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There is zero fucking reason to wait if a guy like Messingham is the choice.  We should name him OC and hire a WR coach so these kids can make a choice one way or the other. 

Stretching this thing out for someone like Messingham just makes the program look bad. 

I don’t know man. I’ve been advocating for them to hire anyone with a pulse at this point, but if that’s the pick you might as well see how many kids you can get to sign on NSD1 before making that announcement.