Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

9 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

I hate Perry's and only my wife's hated of them can top it. But I've had a lot of good food and service at CG at the Town & Country location. It's solid.

And i know the TFertita is hated by everyone but the Brenner's Steakhouse on I-10 provides good food and service. Much less a business reservation than CG, but it's been really good when my wife and I go.

Another Californian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I like the pork chop and chateau at Perry’s. Fight me. 

59 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pork chop Friday’s is the definition of balling on a budget

55 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A good, well-cooked porkchop is a deeply under-appreciated piece of meat.

Damn, now I'm hungry.

The chicken fried pork chop at B&B Butchers at a Friday lunch is one of the most corrupt and delicious things you’ll ever eat. It’s served with a side of fried pork belly. 

• Like 3

A good, well-cooked porkchop is a deeply under-appreciated piece of meat.
Damn, now I'm hungry.

Central market sells the tomahawk Berkshire pork chops and I’ve been mixing those in frequently. At $12.99/lb it’s a good deal. As someone who doesn’t look down upon those that eat at Perry’s, i actually like and appreciate a good deal.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Central market sells the tomahawk Berkshire pork chops and I’ve been mixing those in frequently. At $12.99/lb it’s a good deal. As someone who doesn’t look down upon those that eat at Perry’s, i actually like and appreciate a good deal.

Ooh, I love a good deal.  I’ll send one of the staff to pick some up and have my chef prepare a recipe.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Maybe, and I’m just spitballing here, they like Texas and want to go to school here? 

I get that. But even if you really liked Texas and want to go here, would you not have concerns about continuity and what type of offense/defense you'd be playing in and what type of person you'd be playing for.

Hearing all the feedback on how the WR room was in an uproar over Meh and hated him, you'd think prospects would want to ensure that type of person wasn't hired again.

They can still sign NSD2. I would think they would want to see who Texas is bringing in as their coaches. Especially some of these kids from OOS.

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

I get that. But even if you really liked Texas and want to go here, would you not have concerns about continuity and what type of offense/defense you'd be playing in and what type of person you'd be playing for.

Hearing all the feedback on how the WR room was in an uproar over Meh and hated him, you'd think prospects would want to ensure that type of person wasn't hired again.

They can still sign NSD2. I would think they would want to see who Texas is bringing in as their coaches. Especially some of these kids from OOS.

I’m sure those concerns exist, and I’m sure some recruits will do just that. I’m just trying to be positive on a post every now and then, you know, to change things up. 

most of the class does seem pretty fucking solid. And if Herman’s cluelessness means he accidentally has to go find an nfl coach that makes us better despite his best efforts, we’ll ok. I’ll cross my fingers. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Lots of kids dislike the recruiting process and would prefer to get it wrapped up ASAP. And it just ramps up once coaches at other schools realize you didn’t sign at NSD1. Shit scressful bruh.

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Herman spoke about this at the press conference. He said he’s told the commits that there is very little chance, regardless of what school you go to that you will play for the same position coach or coordinator all 4 years. Turnover at those positions, at all schools, is just too high for that to be an expectation. 

Herman tells them you have to make sure you’re comfortable with the university, the city, and the Head Coach - everything else is likely to change during their 4 years. 

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Herman spoke about this at the press conference. He said he’s told the commits that there is very little chance, regardless of what school you go to that you will play for the same position coach or coordinator all 4 years. Turnover at those positions, at all schools, is just too high for that to be an expectation. 

Herman tells them you have to make sure you’re comfortable with the university, the city, and the Head Coach - everything else is likely to change during their 4 years. 

Obviously that is spin you put on our current situation, but ignores the obvious fact that coaching turnover due to performance excellence is entirely different than coaching turnover due to failure to perform.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Obviously that is spin you put on our current situation, but ignores the obvious fact that coaching turnover due to performance excellence is entirely different than coaching turnover due to failure to perform.

I didn’t say it - it’s what was reported.  

The end end result is the same - the guy you had a multi-year recruiting relationship with is unlikely to be the guy shaking your hand at Senior night. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The end end result is the same - the guy you had a multi-year recruiting relationship with is unlikely to be the guy shaking your hand at Senior night. 

But it completely ignores the circumstances that produced the ‘end result’. In one scenario, your position/unit massively underperformed, resulting in your coach being fired. In the other, you over-performed to the point where your coach was able to advance his career.

But I suppose if you ignore the notion of success versus failure, it’s the same. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

But it complete ignores the circumstances that produced the ‘end result’. In one scenario, your position/unit massively underperformed, resulting in your coach being fired. In the other, you over-performed to the point where your coach was able to advance his career.

But I suppose if you ignore the notion of success versus failure, it’s the same. 

I’m not arguing the merits of this strategy - I’m telling you what was reported was Herman’s recruiting pitch to the commits in the 2020 class. 

Im not really sure what your point is - aside from Alabama’s unprecedented run in this modern era every program has had shitty times and staff turnover.   This years USC is one of the few I can remember where it had a truly devastating impact on recruiting.  

I don’t know if you’re just not giving these kids and their families enough credit or what - but I think the vast majority of them know their future will exist outside of football - and Texas still has a hell of a lot to offer them - even if they don’t know who there DC is when they sign their NLI. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yes 

DL haul of Broughton, Princely, Collins, and the Longview kid would be legit.  Probably not a high-end pass rusher of those 4, unless Dorbah ends up being a WDE/standup pass-rusher.  Great potential for an insane interior pass rush.

Sanders in 21' is a beast of a pass rusher on the edge, and I hope with potentially a 4-man front we can convince Landon Jackson of lining up opposite Sanders with guys like Broughton, Collins, ect. on the inside.

This how the D' was rolling and causing havoc up front when we had guys like Okafor, Kindle, Wright, Houston, Orakpo, ect. just going after the QB.

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Im not really sure what your point is

I was just pointing out the underlying turd Herman is trying to shine. His comment at the bowl game presser was something to the effect of “position coaches want to be coordinators and coordinators want to be head coaches.” That’s true, but it has fuck-all to do with our situation. Obviously he’s trying to spin the situation in the best way possible, but equating something good (your coaches could perform really well and get promotions elsewhere) to something bad (the previous guys I hired were so bad they got fired) is shining a turd.

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I was just pointing out the underlying turd Herman is trying to shine. His comment at the bowl game presser was something to the effect of “position coaches want to be coordinators and coordinators want to be head coaches.” That’s true, but it has fuck-all to do with our situation. Obviously he’s trying to spin the situation in the best way possible, but equating something good (your coaches could perform really well and get promotions elsewhere) to something bad (the previous guys I hired were so bad they got fired) is shining a turd.

We get how you feel.  It seems like you’ve been telling us all morning.  Maybe go get some exercise...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m sure those concerns exist, and I’m sure some recruits will do just that. I’m just trying to be positive on a post every now and then, you know, to change things up.     most of the class does seem pretty fucking solid. And if Herman’s cluelessness means he accidentally has to go find an nfl coach that makes us better despite his best efforts, we’ll ok. I’ll cross my fingers. 

Solid post.  It's definitely my hope that Herman somehow stumbles into adding assistants that develop players, gameplan better, and can fuckin coach.

If Texas starts putting more players in the NFL, this program will get a lot better!!

Edited by LTtxfan
suck at typing

22 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Listen fuckface, everyone who reads this board with any consistency knows how you feel about the situation. You don’t have to chime in on every conversation which may slightly oppose your view of where the program is headed. You’re like a constant migraine to every rational member of the board and there’s no medicine anyone can take to get rid of you.

At least it's usually just him on the recruiting board, versus the football board's BurntEyes/6thStreet/every other miserable geezer gangbang.

31 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Listen fuckface, everyone who reads this board with any consistency knows how you feel about the situation. You don’t have to chime in on every conversation which may slightly oppose your view of where the program is headed. You’re like a constant migraine to every rational member of the board and there’s no medicine anyone can take to get rid of you.

There’s no such thing as a rational fan, but if you had said non-vagina bleeding fan that would have been fair.

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

spacer.png